HT#2 with Dr. Nader

memzinla

Hello!! I'm going to have my 2nd hair transplant with Dr. Nader tomorrow (January 11, 2019). I'm writing right now from the hotel. It has a new name now! It's called Wyndham now. Everything has been great so far. I flew in from Los Angeles, and there were no direct flights to McAllen this time. I had to fly to Vegas and then to McAllen.

So I felt like I needed another 2nd HT because my hair didn't become as dense as I wanted. I DO see a difference in my hair, but I do wish it was dense. I don't really feel comfortable doing my hair back or to the sides. I've been leaving it to the front.

Here's my hair as of now.

IMG-9804.jpg

Good luck today with the surgery.  You look very young to be having the surgery (especially a 2nd surgery)?  Can you post some pictures prior to your first surgery for  us to see?  

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you! Here is a picture before the first transplant and a before and after. Widow's peaks were filled and the hairline was lowered.

9b0ef64b-d554-4eda-9c49-6d37f65df457.jpg

7522fc72-800a-4649-9061-89f75b23452c.jpg

Today went by super fast!

I was picked up by Santos around 7:40am, and we arrived with Nader around 8:10am. I told him that I wanted the same area filled and he outlined the same area where it looked thin. He asked me what I thought about the outline, and I told him to add a little more. This part was quick compared to last time as I knew what I wanted. I received 1500 grafts.

56891103620-0-A947-E21-81-A8-415-D-999-D

I believe he and the nurses started with the anestesia and removing the grafts around 9am. There was music playing in the background, and then I was asked if I wanted tacos or a salad for lunch. I chose the tacos again. This part was done at 11am. I ate, and he started inserting the grafts around 11:40am. I just watched local TV, and everything was done at 2pm. He explained everything again, asked me if I had questions, and Santos picked me up around 2:40pm. 

I don't feel any pain, and I feel really good. I fly back to Los Angeles tomorrow in the afternoon.

IMG-9814.jpg

Looks good, hopefully this is your last one :)

I’ve noticed with Nader his patients almost always have to go back for more density, and that really sucks because I’m interested in having him work on my dome but don’t want to hop on a plane a year later for another round. 

Keep us updated man

Awesome update!

Well, as experienced clients of multiple surgeries know - even at times pretty damn dense hairlines (like the kinds H&W can pack upon request and w/the right hair characteristics) sometimes need tweaking after a 1st surgery.

Very very few surgeons will ultra-dense pack on 1st pass - even w/really good donor hair (thickness/caliber/texture) that original poster seems to have.  Dr. Nader gave him a good base and now he came back for more density and refinement.  Hope it gets him satisfactory results.

It's the rare bird that gets ultra-refined and real density results in a 1st pass - it happens.  Just not as much as we all hope for.  I'm glad original poster provided an update.  I think he also has a really good SLR camera he uses for photos (see his 1st thread).

I would say his original pass resulted in about 30% of normal density.  Now he's trying to bump it up to near 50% which will give him the 'appearance' of a nearly full head of frontal hairline that flows into his temporal corners that meet his native density hair on the sides.

If growth survival rate of terminal donor hair is 80% or even more - I think the results will be excellent.  Don't know if Dr. Nader inspects each graft after extraction for quality - but poster has what looks like better donor than most and he is very young - w/stronger genetic healthier and younger donor hair.  So should get a good bang for the buck for sure.

I'm curious if Dr. Nader gave you a density rating of recipient area?  How many follicular units per cm2 for this frontal 'zone' and line leading into temporal peak areas.

Good growing!

Edited by jjsrader

Thank you! :) 

I'm so excited, and can't wait for it to grow. :) Nader did say that I may have needed more grafts for more density. I received 1900 on the first HT. I was fine with that because that's were doctors were saying when I went to different consultations in LA.

When Nader was drawing the squares he counted inside the boxes to see how many grafts per box. He counted 35-40 per square. I think the first time it was 30, but I'm not so sure.

I hope I don't need another HT. haha

• Like 1

I wish all photos were done w/a camera this good - clinics should be using only professional-quality as well.  Nice!  It's worth the 5K-15K on a good studio-quality setting w/good cameras/lighting/consistent backdrops, etc... at each clinic. 

Looking good “memzinla”, you’re very young for this procedure but the results look good.  I’m sure you will continue to have some hair loss at your age but it looks like you have a plan to stay ahead of it.  My hair loss stabilized about the age of 35.  Thanks for sharing your story and pictures with us.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty obvious unless your body strangely rejects your hair, that you will have a great result.  Obviously you know the risks of using 3000 grafts in just the very front if you loose more. But it seems you're a good candidate by your age and what we see...so calculated risk I think. Bit not reckless one. For sure this should get you what you want hairline wise. 

• 2 weeks later...