I'm really frustrated with my doctor

I did 4000 grafts with doctor Richard keller and he focused on front hairline, front sides and only put 900 grafts in crown. I have a big crown - legit NW5 crown maybe 5.5

well my hairline was like a 2.5 before which I was fine with. I wanted my goddamn crown fixed. Now my hairline looks way better but I was fine with my hairline before - i have wavy/curly hair and i could easily cover it up. I'm now a solid NW2. my front looks great

my other frustration is that he did not tell me that 900 grafts wouldn't give me much coverage. Only after fact is he telling me that I need 3K grafts just for back to have full coverage. I wish he put 2k in crown and other 2K rest of it. I hate how my bald crown looks

what should I do now? I have great donor density so i think i can get another 3000 grafts pretty easily but do I want to save that for future?

i just hate having a bald crown at 30. Looks so ugly to me as a 30 year old

4 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

I did 4000 grafts with doctor Richard keller and he focused on front hairline, front sides and only put 900 grafts in crown. I have a big crown - legit NW5 crown maybe 5.5

well my hairline was like a 2.5 before which I was fine with. I wanted my goddamn crown fixed. Now my hairline looks way better but I was fine with my hairline before - i have wavy/curly hair and i could easily cover it up. I'm now a solid NW2. my front looks great

my other frustration is that he did not tell me that 900 grafts wouldn't give me much coverage. Only after fact is he telling me that I need 3K grafts just for back to have full coverage. I wish he put 2k in crown and other 2K rest of it. I hate how my bald crown looks

what should I do now? I have great donor density so i think i can get another 3000 grafts pretty easily but do I want to save that for future?

Do alot of research on hairpiece forums.  I would just get creative and use a tiny hairpiece w/crown whorl details and make sure the hair is non-processed w/cuticle intact and matches your hair diameter and 'wave' nearly 100% - w/a perfect color match the blending would be nearly seamless.  Maybe even a very thin/fine partial w/less density that you bump up ever so slightly w/Dermatch or very subtle amount of hairatan fibers (they deflect/diffuse light best when blended w/scalp and real hair).

Good luck w/your eventual decision.

Or you could get another crown surgery - say 1.5K grafts and work w/like a 20-25% of natural density and use concealer products that help w/the 'base' you've established.

6 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

and we're frustrated with your post and same old boring repeated rant. People - don't engage him any further.

Edited by Panamera13

6 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

@AnalogFeel,

Ok so what’s your deal? I keep getting complaints about you but I don’t think I know your situation. It sounds like you’re praising Dr. Keller but on the other hand, you are his patient and you haven’t experienced any growth yet? Is that true? Can you tell me when the date of your surgery is and can you post some before pictures, surgical pictures and pictures of your hair now? This would help verify/validate your posting this, especially since people are complaining about your posts, claiming that you are a troll.  

If you are indeed a genuine patient, I encourage  you to use this topic to share your full experience and post photos. Please do not continue creating topics to discuss the same thing. 

Bill

3 minutes ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

@AnalogFeel,

Ok so what’s your deal? I keep getting complaints about you but I don’t think I know your situation. It sounds like you’re praising Dr. Keller but on the other hand, you are his patient and you haven’t experienced any growth yet? Is that true? Can you tell me when the date of your surgery is and can you post some before pictures, surgical pictures and pictures of your hair now? This would help verify/validate your posting this, especially since people are complaining about your posts, claiming that you are a troll.  

If you are indeed a genuine patient, I encourage  you to use this topic to share your full experience and post photos. Please do not continue creating topics to discuss the same thing. 

Bill

he didn't do a bad job

my front looks way way better. my hairline looks much better. just poor communication on his behalf. He didn't tell me how many grafts my crown needed for decent coverage and he didn't understand how much I cared about my crown and how little I cared about my hairline

I wish he communicated more info about crown and how it looked. I would have opted to have 2000 back there and 2000 for rest of my head

• Administrators
2 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

he didn't do a bad job

my front looks way way better. my hairline looks much better. just poor communication on his behalf. He didn't tell me how many grafts my crown needed for decent coverage and he didn't understand how much I cared about my crown and how little I cared about my hairline

I wish he communicated more info about crown and how it looked. I would have opted to have 2000 back there and 2000 for rest of my head

Have you expressed your dissatisfaction to him? I'm not sure what you want us to do, you haven't even posted any pictures. We can't reach out to the doctor on your behalf without at least having some pictures of your current progress. Also, you seem to be creating duplicate threads to say essentially the same thing. I suggest continuing to post on one single thread. We have received several complaints about you already and we don't want the forum to be disrupted by duplicate threads.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you expressed your dissatisfaction to him? I'm not sure what you want us to do, you haven't even posted any pictures. We can't reach out to the doctor on your behalf without at least having some pictures of your current progress. Also, you seem to be creating duplicate threads to say essentially the same thing. I suggest continuing to post on one single thread. We have received several complaints about you already and we don't want the forum to be disrupted by duplicate threads.

I talked to him and basically he said most people notice front way more

I'm trying to figure out what else I can do. Is it worth going for a second surgery at my age or should I save grafts for future?

If you deleted the past pics, post some current ones showing all angles.

Your surgeon can forward you the pics that were taken the morning of your procedure as well.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I hate when a person has to go back in that chair, but it looks like you may have to here to hit that crown.  Are your goals documented in email and any chats?  If doctors own judgement was made to not hit the crown and if you discussed it as a goal then that can be an issue.  

Not sure about the case here, but ive noticed a trend that some docs leave things out for a patient to return later.  I saw couple of folks have purposely elevated hair lines on one side only to painfully return again later to make it more easier to style.  Then temples purposely done in an off shape only to be given new qoutes to return later for work.  If patients express certain distribution and goals then any doc should consider it if it is doable.  It’s not easy to repeatedly go back into the chairs for additional corrections and loss of time from everything.

best of luck with everything