Do any of the top surgeons do beard creation/ transplants?

I'm looking at the top surgeons on my list, most of which are recommended from this site, Konior, H&W, Rahal, Diep, Erdogan, and it doesn't look like any of them do beard creation or transplants. While my main concern is my receding hairline which I will be getting a HT for I am also wanting my mustache filled in and also the creation of a goatee... any of you gents know of any top surgeons that are known for this by any chance?

Most of the surgeons who are skilled with FUE would be able to do facial transplant procedures proficiently.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Moderators

Here are a few from this forum. I know there are more.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:47 PM, petersmith said:

you can meet many of beard transplant surgeon in this days.. you should take some reviews and choose best beard transplant doctor..

the problem is many of the HT surgeons I'm thinking of going with based on the recommendation from these forums don't seem to have any beard results. I understand the main issue for us losing our hair is our scalps but I also want to strengthen my goatee during my first transplant so it's trying to find one that does both that I'm having an issue with.

Minoxidil would be worth a try IMHO.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

5 hours ago, purple18 said:

You can try minoxidil for your beard too.  There's lots of examples out there of guys who got results that way.   A few who went from basically nothing to a full beard.  

Really, do you have examples? 

10 hours ago, Raker said:

If only life was that simple, don’t believe everything you see. 

Yeah this is true too, some do seem to get a thicker beard from it though but I also assume it's great marketing for the product lol

1 hour ago, Kiwi Guy said:

Yeah this is true too, some do seem to get a thicker beard from it though but I also assume it's great marketing for the product lol

Save the grafts for your head, you may need more than one surgery in years to come. 

I'm sure most of the top guys will have performed some beard work over the years, though full beard creation must be quite rare.

I imagine most would advise against it if the hair on your head is/has thinned significantly.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day