Minoxidil improving erections?

purple18

I recently had a HT about 6 weeks back, and at that time began using Finasteride.  Was on no hairloss drugs prior.  I was having some major sexual sides initially - felt like my penis was totally dead.

I then started to use Minoxidil about 4 weeks post HT.  Once I began to use minoxidil, I noticed that the sexual side effects I attributed to Finasteride ceased, and the past couple weeks I have had even more erectile activity than prior to beginning all of this.

Minoxidil's a vasodilator, so it makes logical sense.  Why is all the talk on this pointing in the direction of ED, but I'm getting a boost?  Experiences?

It’s either in ur head or .. if going by ur logic . I would take it step further and apply Minixodil to ur pubic hair near the groin area , so minoxidil vasodilator mechanisms will increase blood flow nearer  to ur penis . = increased rock hard erections = bro science (‘.^)

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, purple18 said:

I then started to use Minoxidil about 4 weeks post HT.  Once I began to use minoxidil, I noticed that the sexual side effects I attributed to Finasteride ceased, and the past couple weeks I have had even more erectile activity than prior to beginning all of this.

Minoxidil's a vasodilator, so it makes logical sense.  Why is all the talk on this pointing in the direction of ED, but I'm getting a boost?  Experiences?

Hi Purple,

Good question.

Although not a particularly common misconception, the minoxidil is actually supposed to go on your head--not on your dick.

Hope this helps! 

1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

It’s either in ur head or .. if going by ur logic . I would take it step further and apply Minixodil to ur pubic hair near the groin area , so minoxidil vasodilator mechanisms will increase blood flow nearer  to ur penis . = increased rock hard erections = bro science (‘.^)

Actually, this has been studied and tried.  It worked a little in some people, but didn't really do anything conclusive.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022534717352175

But seriously.  Either I came out the other side on a side effect window on Fin, or this Minox has solved all my problems with Fin.  It's the only variable I changed.