Is my evaluation for 2500-3000 (FUE) grafts realistic?

Hi all,

I recently reached out to ASMED for an evaluation, and am strongly considering Dr. Erdogan. 

My intention is to bring my hairline forward from the two peaks on either side where it has receded, as well as restore my temples. For what it’s worth, I’m 27.

Do you think that their evaluation for 2500-3000 grafts is reasonable, based on the photo I’ve attached? 

Will the new hairs grow in and around the forelock I currently have? Will this amount of grafts offer a dense look? I understand that it helps that I am blonde and fair skinned.

Also, are there any other doctors you would recommend in a similar price range to Erdogan? My preference is FUE. I will be in California this August, so have also considered Diep but am as yet unaware of his costs.

Thanks - this is my first post but I’ve read a lot of threads here and am grateful for all the help, thoughts and input offered on the forums. 

54C12B51-F08C-42B6-88FD-D9C106F9010D.jpeg

E3828ECF-65F0-42C9-B186-6A6807C04804.jpeg

I'm no expert but I would have thought the  lower end of the quote should be sufficient but bear  in mind Amed usually  quote more grafts than most clinics .

Another clinic who are recommended  on here  in the same price range is Dr Maras in Cypress, 3.25 euros per graft ,plus I think that may include acomm but not sure about that, they seem to be an ethical clinic with good solid results . 

Edited by Mick50

2000-2500 should sufficient. Erdogan tends to quote big numbers for some reason (probably money). I wouldn't go to ASMED as they currently have some really bad results. You may gamble but it is not to take risk. Instead, I would recommend HLC or Kaan Peekiner in Ankara. 

Edited by supremegentleman

4 hours ago, supremegentleman said:

2000-2500 should sufficient. Erdogan tends to quote big numbers for some reason (probably money). I wouldn't go to ASMED as they currently have some really bad results. You may gamble but it is not to take risk. Instead, I would recommend HLC or Kaan Peekiner in Ankara. 

From what I’ve seen on this forum, it seems to be less a case of numerous bad results, and more a case of one or two exceptionally vocal individuals who have been displeased with their outcome. 

Payam is one that comes to mind.

2 minutes ago, nb98 said:

I went Asmed with very similar hairline and plan as you. I ended up with 3200 grafts, but I had few temple grafts done. 

Dieps donors after would put me off him personally 

476B056C-FCE3-4FD0-9490-19BB4AD97174.jpeg

5912D23E-F69E-4F90-A527-733E24408106.jpeg

9D6B79FE-2F9A-4949-843F-9BC0C68B37F0.jpeg

That looks really great. I like the hairline and the temples. How far along post-surgery are you now, and how’s it all going?

Not even hit the 2 month mark yet unfortunately. I went Asmed as I saw a family member have unbelievable results from his HT so I’m pretty confident in mine turning out good too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nb98 said:

Not even hit the 2 month mark yet unfortunately. I went Asmed as I saw a family member have unbelievable results from his HT so I’m pretty confident in mine turning out good too. 

All the very best mate. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

• Thanks 1

I'd avoid Diep. You can't afford him anyway if you want somebody in Asmed's price range. You could try Dra Ximena Vila in Madrid. She used to work with Dr Lorenzo and did his hair transplant. She has started her own clinic now and only charges 2.5 euros a graft all included (taxes etc.). Responds very quickly to emails too.

Jezm, 

depending on the level of Yield a doctor can achieve, 2000-2500 should be sufficient.  Wreckless and overdone placement in a native hair zone could make you come back to that surgical seat for round two or go into repair mode multiple times.

if you are comfy with motorized extractions from techs and are paying for the doctor to have minimal involvement, then definitely consider the route.  

If you want to be the only patient of the day and pay for doctor extracted manual extractions, you can research who offers it.

remember, your caliber/thicknes level of hair will also determine if your grafts survive better with motorized or manual.  Even though, there is a case posted, the physiology is a bit different.   Same goes for curly African hair vs Asian hair vs mid east vs euro vs other hairs.  

You are best off requesting photos from clinic with your exact hair type and the end desired result.  

Best of luck on your journey.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

You are best off requesting photos from clinic with your exact hair type and the end desired result.  

Best of luck on your journey.

Thanks Sean. That is a particularly good idea that I hadn’t thought of, good call there.

• Like 1