Seeking advice - Hair transplant now or wait a year or two?

Dear all

I have a feeling my  hair is slowly getting thinner around the Temples and my idea is to do a FUE to get a more full hairline. I sent the attached picture s(plus a few others) to an independent advisory and got the advice not to do a hair transplant as my hair is still good and putting in more hair to fill up the temples would risk that the existing hair die from a shock loss and the result of the surgery might therefore not be a thicker hair than what I have today naturally. My idea is to fill up inside the red lines on the photo and maybe also in the middle of the front hairline. An alternative to do it now would be to wait 1-2 years to see how my hairline develops. I am 41 years old and the thinning around the temples started around 2-3 years ago I think. On the photo I have cut my hair to 10 mm and its strong light from the bathroom lamp.

What do you think here on the forum?

Thanks in advance 

IMG_4854_touse.jpg

IMG_4855_toue.jpg

You're at a good age for a transplant, but your hair loss is very mild.  Shock loss is a genuine concern, although finasteride can help make your hair resistant to that type of loss.  You should find out if you're miniaturizing around the front and back, before making a decision.

at what length do you usually wear your hair? the length in the pic?

if your hairloss only started in the last couple years I would wait to see if it progresses any further. the red lines you drew aren’t anything that drastic.  are you on fin?

I usually wear my hair much longer (5-10 cm) just cut to 10 mm now to see how much hair I really have better.

I am not on Finasterid, used it a couple of years when I was younger, but stopped using it 6 years ago.

Could imagine starting with Fin again, but only after we had our second baby, don’t want to risk any fertility problems at the moment. So in about 2 years from now I could start again.

Edited by ronipad

honestly man you’re at an age where you should just say F it and go for it. life’s too short. If you were in your 20s and early thirties I’d say wait, but if you want to get it done and have your hairline enhanced and the way you want it.. go for it. that’s my advice. If any other part of your head seems to be thin, reassess tho 

Get on fin 

8 hours ago, ronipad said:

I usually wear my hair much longer (5-10 cm) just cut to 10 mm now to see how much hair I really have better.

I am not on Finasterid, used it a couple of years when I was younger, but stopped using it 6 years ago.

Could imagine starting with Fin again, but only after we had our second baby, don’t want to risk any fertility problems at the moment. So in about 2 years from now I could start again.

I had a child while taking Fin. No problem there. I would get on it and see if it helps recover any of what you have lost. It usually has a diminishing effect in that regard, however. Meaning, at first you might notice some regrowth, then the MPB will resume after awhile. At least that's what happened to me. That said, if you long for a David Beckham hairline, you'd only need a small FUE session. Looks like you have good characteristics. Like someone else said, life is short. 

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Depends...who is going to do it. If you get a average or below average doc, I say wait it skip it. You are 41 with with a great head of hair. 

If you are going to get on fin in the next your or 2 and you go to a top doc, I would say go for it. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.