Post Op 4 months, is it successful

On 3/15/2019 at 6:59 AM, Sadlybalding said:

You look great, Djshakes. If you don’t mind answering, how old are you?

I will be 44 in May.  I feel I look better in person.  I always hated the way I look in photos but I appreciate your comment.  

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Almost forgot to post some update pics.  Few things I also want to mention.

1.  I was given Minoxidil in a spray bottle  from the clinic.  The instructions were to use 3 sprays each morning and night.  It lasted about two months.  I am now using the costco brand in liquid form.  For convenience I was pouring the costco brand into the spray bottle I was given at the clinic because I liked to spray it on instead of the dropper.  However, about a month ago I realized that three to four sprays wasn't nearly close to the 1mg dose recommended by the costco brand. I figured this out by using the dropper that comes with the bottle.  So I think I wasn't using enough prior.  I'm using the required dosage but I wonder if I might experience some shedding now that I am using the proper amount?  Or maybe I have conditioned my scalp with micro dosing and now since i am using 1 mg I won't shed as much?  I do notice hairs on my hands when I shower or rub in the minoxidil.  I didn't before.  Nothing drastic, but there is some shedding.

2.  I got a hair cut two weeks ago and the barber went ape shit.  Cut it very short which was disappointing.  Don't ever say, "Do what you think looks good" at a $12 hair cut place.   I hadn't had a hair cut in 10 years and my friend that goes that gets very stylish cuts.  There are many barbers there so I might have picked a bad one.   I plan on going to one of those trendy hipster places next time to see what they can do.  My hair grows slow so it might not be for a month or so...maybe longer.

3.  Lastly I must preface that I am extremely happy.  This is life changing.  Now, this might sound ridiculous but I don't think the graft survival rate is in the high 90% like most clinics claim.  When I closely inspect it seems there are gaps in the hairs which vary from my memory of when they were placed.  They seemed so tight when I first had it done.  Again, could be hair greed or my mind messing with me and I reiterate, I'm stoked.   I tried taking a close up pic.  I tell people I would have paid double for these results and I recommend this clinic to everyone that asks.

I'll keep updating but I think my growth has stabilized. I don't see new hairs coming in so I think this is the extend of the density I will achieve...which is fine by me if I can maintain it.  Hoping the minoxidil will fill in the crown a bit.  

20190424_110557.jpg

20190424_110859.jpg

20190424_110931.jpg

I think your front hairline looks great and thick. It frames your face very well. The rest has a while to come in and mature/thicken over the next 5 months if not longer. I’d still give it time to grow in. The important part is that you have coverage in the areas where you didn’t before. Now hopefully it comes in more. I think you’ll be even happier by 12 months.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

I think your front hairline looks great and thick. It frames your face very well. The rest has a while to come in and mature/thicken over the next 5 months if not longer. I’d still give it time to grow in. The important part is that you have coverage in the areas where you didn’t before. Now hopefully it comes in more. I think you’ll be even happier by 12 months.

Thank you for the kind words.   Do you think the existing hairs thicken or new additional hairs will grow?  I think the former but will be even more happy if it is the latter.  Plus maybe by then the minoxidil will kick in as I heard it takes a few months and since I wasn't using enough for the last couple months I haven't seen the full affect?

Quick question.  Summer is coming up.  My clinic says I have to wear a swim cap for a year.   Is this common?  Seems when research on line people state only 10 days to avoid pools?   I'll do what they tell me but seems excessive?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picture update for 8 months.  Hoping the Min fills in the top as I feel like I am shedding.  I had my PCP prescribe me Fin but I haven't picked it up yet and am probably not going to take it.  Don't want to deal with the sides.   Lost 10 lbs. since last pic.  Need to get a hair cut soon but want to grow the top long so I can comb it back.  Sort of just sticking straight up now. 

20190522_105808.jpg

20190522_105814.jpg

Incredible results! Since you mentioned being concerned about some current thinning, one thing to be aware of that I'm not sure has been mentioned is to be mindful of seasonal shedding - particularly within the first 18 months or so as all the new grafts start finding their own groove/cycle so to speak. Hairs go through a growth cycle, and there are times when your hair may appear slightly thinner than others and it is easy to jump to conclusions and think it means you're losing your hair. With time, you'll be in relationship with what this cycle is like for you and be able to understand that it's generally temporary when it happens. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, mojobrotato said:

How was your expierence? 

Im 38 days away from my procedure with him and I cant wait!

It was top notch! Sleep well the night before and get there at 630 am. 

Flora is such a sweet, informative, amazing human!! 

I loved every moment of it. 

the only thing i did not like were the shots, but that is because i am scared of shots lol 

but other than that...sit back, relax, and enjoy the show! 

GOOD LUCK! 

Looks great to me.  At 4 months I was not sure of anything. 

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I got some messages asking about progress so figured I would post.  I'm about 20ish days away from a full year.  As you can see I am thin on top but concealable.  So far so good.  No finestride, only min. twice daily.  Just hoping it holds on until I'm 50 or so and then everything else is a bonus.  I'm 44 now.  

20190826_113110.jpg

20190826_113114.jpg

20190826_151647.jpg

20190826_151712.jpg

Edited by Djshakes
Adding more pics
  • Like 2

Hope you get great results.  I remember the early days. I had a calendar I was counting down until the 14 day mark because I was so paranoid about bumping head.  Just follow the post op procedures to a T and you will be good.