Post Op 4 months, is it successful

Hi All,

I had a HT on Sept. 19 (Fue, 3300 grafts, La Hair Clinic).  I'm just under four months out and I am pretty happy with the results so far.  I was told not to expect much growth up to 3 months, however, I have seen a lot of growth.  What concerns me is the lack of seeing new sprouts.  Do you know if this happens in phases?  I'm wondering if just the hairs that came in get thicker or if I can expect another round of new sprouts.  Including pics with flash and without and a before picture for reference.   

thumbnail_20180613_114431.jpg

20190107_162314.jpg

20190107_162608.jpg

Edited by Djshakes

Everything looks normal and on track for four months. Clear signs of growth and your new hairline starting to take shape. 

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thanks guys.  This forum is much more active than others. I will update each month.  

I remember reading this forum when researching the LA Hair Clinic for my procedure.  They were fairly new so I believe most people wrote them off in the thread.  My experience with them was nothing short of excellent including my follow-up questions to this day.  You pay a bit more staying domestic but if results continue, they will be getting a glowing review from me.  

I feel like I have a ton of growth that the images don't show bc my crappy phone camera.  Most can't tell I did anything.  I don't want to get hair greed but I still am hoping for a little more density.  If it comes, this will be the best decision of my life.  Like I said, the only concern is lack of new sprouts.   Fingers crossed and will update soon.

FYI - My regiment is monox spray two times daily and a hair growth shampoo.  I think it is Big 5 brand or something similar.  I do not want to take Propecia in fear of sides.  

Edited by Djshakes

IMHO, you are ahead of the regrowth time line...the average patient is just beginning to see growth at 4 months and yet your recipient area looks outstanding.

Yes you can expect lots more growth...keep us posted especially at the 6-8 month mark.

Congrats!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Since I will be posting monthly I wanted to add more accurate pictures to assess progress.  The other pictures were with poor lighting.  These pictures more accurately reflect what is looks like in person.  It's funny, before everyone's encouraging comments I was worried I did the wrong thing and was second guessing my decision to get a HT because I didn't see new sprouts.  Still hoping for more but feel much more at ease.

20190108_151000.jpg

20190108_151026.jpg

Edited by Djshakes

DJ,

Remember, you are just beginning the initial stages of the regrowth process...just wait until you get beyond the 6-8 month mark!...:D

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:52 PM, jj51702 said:

Looks really good. Did they do all 3300 grafts in one day? How long did it take?

Yes, they did all 3300 grafts in one sitting. I arrived at the clinic around 6 or 7 am.  I think I left around 6 pm and stayed at a hotel a block away.  I then came back the next morning for the first wash and instructions on care.  They have a very strict regiment post op.  I wasn't able to remove the scabs until a month later.  However, after 21 days if you touched them they pretty much fell off so most were gone by the one month mark.  Seems like so long ago but only four months ago.  I starting to feel good about it I just want a bit more density.  Like I said, I don't see many new sprouts so hoping they come in stages and not just the hairs that have come in get thicker.  I'll keep you posted with pics for sure.  Around month 5 I'll post more pics as there probably won't be much difference at the end of this week from what I posted above.   My monthly marks will be on the 19th of each month.

• Like 1

look forward to your progress pics!

Gillenator

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you're right. 

They charge $6 per graft.  I negotiated a better rate with a cash deal.  I only paid for 3000 grafts.  I received 3342.  I was not asked to pay more.  This place is top notch.  He cares about his work and the outcomes so he used the amount of grafts necessary to achieve the best outcomes.  

I selected this place because of their transparency.  They are the only place I found that actually posts youtube videos of the whole procedure.  I understand most surgeons may want to keep their techniques secret but to me that showed absolute confidence in their work putting it out there for others to critique.  

All their reviews are spot on.  Reading them you think it is too good to be true but this place was awesome from start to finish and whenever I text with followup questions I get a response same day.  

You get what you pay for.  Damn, if I get more growth I will do a backflip.  This has literally changed my life.  

18 hours ago, Djshakes said:

I hope you're right. 

They charge $6 per graft.  I negotiated a better rate with a cash deal.  I only paid for 3000 grafts.  I received 3342.  I was not asked to pay more.  This place is top notch.  He cares about his work and the outcomes so he used the amount of grafts necessary to achieve the best outcomes.  

I selected this place because of their transparency.  They are the only place I found that actually posts youtube videos of the whole procedure.  I understand most surgeons may want to keep their techniques secret but to me that showed absolute confidence in their work putting it out there for others to critique.  

All their reviews are spot on.  Reading them you think it is too good to be true but this place was awesome from start to finish and whenever I text with followup questions I get a response same day.  

You get what you pay for.  Damn, if I get more growth I will do a backflip.  This has literally changed my life.  

That's awesome mate, so happy for you! 

It honestly looks like such an amazing result at only a few months, I'm seriously impressed.

Their team seems great, from the videos I've watched. Are you able to disclose whether the cash incentive provided a substantial discount? I understand if you don't feel comfortable saying so.

Happy growing!

That looks excellent. Pretty sure this is going to be a success.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Anyone would be happy with that progress at 4 months post-op.

Gillenator

On 1/25/2019 at 5:44 AM, bonkling said:

That's awesome mate, so happy for you! 

It honestly looks like such an amazing result at only a few months, I'm seriously impressed.

Their team seems great, from the videos I've watched. Are you able to disclose whether the cash incentive provided a substantial discount? I understand if you don't feel comfortable saying so.

Happy growing!

A couple grand but you maybe a better negotiator than I am :).   If you are seriously considering I would just ask if they accept cash, don't mention you heard it from someone else.  

• 2 weeks later...