Post Op 4 months, is it successful

Here is the top down.  Here is the donor. Best pic I could take on my own. I tried like 20 times.  That dark spot is actually a birth mark on back of my head.

20190207_170644.jpg

20190208_085156.jpg

Edited by Djshakes

Hi All,

5 month pics.  Not a whole lot of change.  You can see it's a little thin on the right side.  Hoping it fills in but I sort of expected this after closely examining the grafts post-op.  I realized I was wearing the same shirt as the last time I took pics so actually wrote the date on a piece of paper so no one could accuse me of pumping up a doctor like the moderator did on hairlosstalk.com.   I am still pleased with the results.  Still using minoxidil spray twice daily.  I don't notice any shedding or hairs on my hands after rubbing it in. 

20190220_073400.jpg

20190220_073433.jpg

20190220_101344.jpg

20190220_101417.jpg

2 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

I also posted about this clinic about a year ago and basically everyone told me to stay away...

Maybe it was because they were new or the cheesy name? I thought I remember reading that thread when I was looking and some said "LA Hair Clinic"  What the hell is that, stay away.  It almost scared me away too but it seemed like others later in the thread commented that they had a lot of videos, etc.  Honestly, that is what sold me on them.  The price was hard to swallow but damn am I glad I did it.  I honestly don't even look for more growth anymore.  I hope it comes, but I'm happy with what I have.  Being OCD I am glad I don't have to continually check for a year.  I tend to think most places tell you are full year but I'm wondering if a majority of your results come between month 3 and 5? I guess it is different for everyone. I will continue to post each month up to a year.  

7 hours ago, Djshakes said:

Maybe it was because they were new or the cheesy name? I thought I remember reading that thread when I was looking and some said "LA Hair Clinic"  What the hell is that, stay away.  It almost scared me away too but it seemed like others later in the thread commented that they had a lot of videos, etc.  Honestly, that is what sold me on them.  The price was hard to swallow but damn am I glad I did it.  I honestly don't even look for more growth anymore.  I hope it comes, but I'm happy with what I have.  Being OCD I am glad I don't have to continually check for a year.  I tend to think most places tell you are full year but I'm wondering if a majority of your results come between month 3 and 5? I guess it is different for everyone. I will continue to post each month up to a year.  

Hi Dj,

Your results, firstly, look amazing - and especially at only 5 months.

Honestly, most people don't expect this sort of growth until 7+ months, so I am sure you will increase in density quite a bit.

I have been looking at LA Hair Clinic myself, they seem to be completely transparent.

Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I researched this clinic more. The guy who does the surgery (Jacques Abrahamian) is actually not a doctor, hes a physicians assistant. In the office, they have a doctor who I do not think takes part in the surgery, but rather plays a "supervisory" role since a PA needs to be working under a supervising doctor by law. However, Jacques seems to have some good experience with surgery as he used to work for Alvi Armani and supposedly was trained by Antonio Armani along with Dr. Baubac. So he left Alvi Armani and spun off this clinic, and here we are. Fun fact, Rahal used to work for Antonio Armani too. It's funny how connected everyone is in the hair transplant community.

They seem to offer good rates (especially for california/US) at 6 dollars a graft and the guy seems to know what he's doing. However, for the people who would rather have an MD/DO working on them this might not be the right fit. Please, anyone correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

To OP, your results look fantastic and it looks like those areas that were lagging a little have caught up. I would be very happy with your results. Please keep updating us.

2 minutes ago, mojobrotato said:

To be fair... I had my first procedure by an MD clinic and the MD literally did nothing. All techs did the work.... Im not mad at the first clinic, results were great.

You dont need to be an MD to be good at HT. Jacques knows what hes doing!

No argument there as I see several overseas clinics that are heavily run by techs producing great results. Just putting it out there as this forum has recently shown a very big bias with some members claiming they want the doctor involved with as many steps possible.

Just wondering...if you were happy with your results the first time why are you going with another clinic? Who was your first surgeon/clinic?

6 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

I researched this clinic more. The guy who does the surgery (Jacques Abrahamian) is actually not a doctor, hes a physicians assistant. In the office, they have a doctor who I do not think takes part in the surgery, but rather plays a "supervisory" role since a PA needs to be working under a supervising doctor by law. However, Jacques seems to have some good experience with surgery as he used to work for Alvi Armani and supposedly was trained by Antonio Armani along with Dr. Baubac. So he left Alvi Armani and spun off this clinic, and here we are. Fun fact, Rahal used to work for Antonio Armani too. It's funny how connected everyone is in the hair transplant community.

They seem to offer good rates (especially for california/US) at 6 dollars a graft and the guy seems to know what he's doing. However, for the people who would rather have an MD/DO working on them this might not be the right fit. Please, anyone correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

To OP, your results look fantastic and it looks like those areas that were lagging a little have caught up. I would be very happy with your results. Please keep updating us.

Those are definitely some interesting factoids where did you get that info from about where he was trainer and who he worked under ?  The guys site does say Jacques Abrahamian MPAS, PA-C 

Djshakes  what part of procedure is he actually involved in ? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCREE_00jx5pHTgJZzzYGYWg/videos

Edited by Markee

4 hours ago, Markee said:

Those are definitely some interesting factoids where did you get that info from about where he was trainer and who he worked under ?  The guys site does say Jacques Abrahamian MPAS, PA-C 

Djshakes  what part of procedure is he actually involved in their  videos make it looks like he does everything himself ? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCREE_00jx5pHTgJZzzYGYWg/videos

google "jacques abrahamian alvi armani" and its the second link. I'm not sure if I can link that website as its against the rules

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

google "jacques abrahamian alvi armani" and its the second link. I'm not sure if I can link that website as its against the rules

Yeah I googled it to me their hairlines do look very similar to Rahal's and Baubac 

I don't know how much trust you can put behind Yelp but it has some glowing positive  reviews there 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/los-angeles-fue-hair-transplant-clinic-pasadena

I think I'll hit them up for a consult 

Edited by Markee

Just looked at your pre op pic again. What a transformation and you're barely five months out. Hopefully you'll continue to update as it will be interesting to see how much more improvement you get. 

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Hi All,

There seems to be interest so I will keep updating.   I too noticed when researching that there was a doctor and Jacques...who I thought was a doctor as well in all honestly.  Jacques did my consult via Skype.  During the procedure he did the following:

1.  Anesthesia
2.  Graft harvesting
3.  Created the hairline
4.  Final checkup after grafts were placed.  He spent a good 30 minutes looking at all the grafts and touching them up. I guess when he would try to set one a little better another would pop up. Probably due to swelling, etc.  

I never saw the doctor.  Three techs placed the grafts.  

Basically everything you see in the videos is exactly how it happened. There were no surprises.  Actually a brilliant marketing strategy if you think about it.  It really takes away the anxiety of the unknown.

Thank you for the comments. It really is crazy how much different you feel. I feel confident as hell, probably more than I should but after more than a decade of hating to look in the mirror I can't stop now.  I notice the transplanted hair grows faster than my native. I will have to get a hair cut soon, but I was sort of holding off.   It is still a little thin in some areas but seriously I can't even complain as the transformation is way more than I expected.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Djshakes said:

Hi All,

There seems to be interest so I will keep updating.   I too noticed when researching that there was a doctor and Jacques...who I thought was a doctor as well in all honestly.  Jacques did my consult via Skype.  During the procedure he did the following:

1.  Anesthesia
2.  Graft harvesting
3.  Created the hairline
4.  Final checkup after grafts were placed.  He spent a good 30 minutes looking at all the grafts and touching them up. I guess when he would try to set one a little better another would pop up. Probably due to swelling, etc.  

I never saw the doctor.  Three techs placed the grafts.  

Basically everything you see in the videos is exactly how it happened. There were no surprises.  Actually a brilliant marketing strategy if you think about it.  It really takes away the anxiety of the unknown.

Thank you for the comments. It really is crazy how much different you feel. I feel confident as hell, probably more than I should but after more than a decade of hating to look in the mirror I can't stop now.  I notice the transplanted hair grows faster than my native. I will have to get a hair cut soon, but I was sort of holding off.   It is still a little thin in some areas but seriously I can't even complain as the transformation is way more than I expected.  

Thanks for the honest review when you say he created the hairline are you saying he just drew the lines or he also made the hairline incisions ?

Did you also get PRP included ?

Edited by Markee

30 minutes ago, Markee said:

Thanks for the honest review when you say he created the hairline are you saying he just drew the lines or he also made the hairline incisions ?

Did you also get PRP included ?

He said it was exactly like the video so Jacques did all the incisions (required by law in state of CA). Techs are allowed to place grafts into the slits.

It's supposed to be the law throughout the U.S. but whether or not it is followed in all states is another question altogether.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY