Round 2 - 6 years later - Where to go?

Hi guys,

So I was an avid visitor and poster several years ago and had a  successful session with Dr Rahal. 6 years later, I am planning round 2. Whilst I will be liasing with Dr Rahals team again, I also imagine that there are some awesome new Drs achieving fantastic results. So what has changed whilst I have been away? Who would you recommend that I should consider? Whilst not a total necessity, I would also be interested in not completely shaving down. My hairline and frontal 3rd have thinned out and my crown is well on its way. My temple points would also be an area that I would very much like to touch up. Basically I want it all :-( I have been using propecia but intermittently. Not due to any side effects but simply because taking a pill every day from the age of 18/19, and especially a pill affecting hormones, is not a great long term plan. Or at least one that I am completely comfortable with. But I guess I am paying for that decision right now with my intermittent use. 

Many thanks for your time. I will upload some photos soon.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I just went back to Rahal for procedure number 2, 12 years after my first procedure with him. I could not be more pleased. I was delighted first time round, so automatically went back however his techniques have improved considerably since the last time I was there and this time I am beyond delighted. I seriously do not think you can get better than Rahal, anywhere in the world. I have seen results from other top doctors that are good, but they are not in the same league as Rahal - not when you see them in real life. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SBSinNYC said:

How old are you now?  What did you have done before?  Do you have pictures?

This information will be helpful in answering your questions.  

I am now 35. You can see all of the photos of my previous session with Rahal in my signature. As I said, I will be posting current photos pretty soon also. Was just curious to see if there was any new leading Drs that are impressing and would be worth speaking with.

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 1/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, Raphael84 said:

Hi guys,

So I was an avid visitor and poster several years ago and had a  successful session with Dr Rahal. 6 years later, I am planning round 2. Whilst I will be liasing with Dr Rahals team again, I also imagine that there are some awesome new Drs achieving fantastic results. So what has changed whilst I have been away? Who would you recommend that I should consider? Whilst not a total necessity, I would also be interested in not completely shaving down. My hairline and frontal 3rd have thinned out and my crown is well on its way. My temple points would also be an area that I would very much like to touch up. Basically I want it all 😞 I have been using propecia but intermittently. Not due to any side effects but simply because taking a pill every day from the age of 18/19, and especially a pill affecting hormones, is not a great long term plan. Or at least one that I am completely comfortable with. But I guess I am paying for that decision right now with my intermittent use. 

Many thanks for your time. I will upload some photos soon.

Hey man,

Took a look at your 1st procedure link, are you saying you’ve lost and thinned out some of the transplanted hairs in your frontal 3rd that you had 6-years ago?...or do you believe it’s your native hairs that you lost?

A current photo(s) would be helpful 

thanks.

I have lost native hair within this area. Which has changed the overall appearance significantly. Also, my photos in my signature, show upto 1 year post op. My hair was wiry and course but adding a real thickening effect. Especially in the hairline with a slight wave. As this effect regressed, my transplanted hair took on the characteristics of my natural hair, more fine and thin. I will post photos next week and will also be sending them off to a few Docs to begin my next journey. Ill keep you updated! Any other ideas on Docs you feel with whom I should consult?

Rahal would still be at the top of my list, but never hurts consulting and getting opinions from others: Konior, H&W, Gabel, Cooley. You really can't go wrong with any of these top docs - its just a matter of your goals and who you feel most comfortable with. Good luck.