3000 grafts over 1 day or 2 days?

Hey all.

So I had a 3,300 FUE session with Dr. Bisanga in March 2017 and now planning my 2nd 3000 graft FUE session.

I've been given the option of having it over 1 or 2 days.

Is there any pro or con to either?

I'm guessing swelling will be more gradual with 2 days, but what about the rest of it?

Obviously time-wise 1 day is better; but is there any difference to results/healing if it is done over a shorter period?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Lots of factors to consider, but all things being equal and naturalness not being compromised, I would look at,

How many clinical staff members will be placing?

Are you doing FUE or FUT? I am guessing FUE.

Do you know what system they are using?

Are you doing PRP with the procedure?

The nice thing about doing it in two days is the fact that the staff will not get tired as easy and it is a far more relaxed experience.  You'll leave early on both days and can return to the hotel and get some rest.  The worst thing that can happen is you feeling rushed.  Eventually you'll question the process particularly if something goes wrong.

Swelling typically happens about 3 days after the procedure.  This tends to happen when patients get too active after the procedure.  Relax for the first few days and follow the post op instructions, particularly sitting up at an angle while sleeping.

2 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

Lots of factors to consider, but all things being equal and naturalness not being compromised, I would look at,

How many clinical staff members will be placing?

Are you doing FUE or FUT? I am guessing FUE.

Do you know what system they are using?

Are you doing PRP with the procedure?

The nice thing about doing it in two days is the fact that the staff will not get tired as easy and it is a far more relaxed experience.  You'll leave early on both days and can return to the hotel and get some rest.  The worst thing that can happen is you feeling rushed.  Eventually you'll question the process particularly if something goes wrong.

Swelling typically happens about 3 days after the procedure.  This tends to happen when patients get too active after the procedure.  Relax for the first few days and follow the post op instructions, particularly sitting up at an angle while sleeping.

Thanks for the reply.

- Not sure how many clinical staff members will be placing.

- FUE

- Not sure what system; but whatever system Dr. Bisanga uses.

- No PRP

I'll ask Hilde (Dr. Bisanga rep) a bit more to see what she would recommend. If it is done just as carefully over one day I would prefer.

5 hours ago, GuyFromTheUK said:

Hey all.

So I had a 3,300 FUE session with Dr. Bisanga in March 2017 and now planning my 2nd 3000 graft FUE session.

I'm guessing swelling will be more gradual with 2 days, but what about the rest of it?

Obviously time-wise 1 day is better; but is there any difference to results/healing if it is done over a shorter period?

Many thanks

Hey,

if you have time i think you should do it in 2 days.

can we see your results from the first HT? i'm also had one HT and planning another one.

8 hours ago, GuyFromTheUK said:

Hey all.

Many thanks

How long did your 3300 take the first time.  I just had 2300 FUE and it took me 10+ hours to get off the table.  Anything that is finished in one day is easier on you.  The continuing trauma to your scalp hardly seems conducive to quicker healing.  You already know what makes the most sense to you.  I never had a swelling problem.  I am just amazed the doctor could place that many in one day.  I never comment on the doctors, because I just don't follow individual doctors, but if you liked the original results why change.  You can go off your opinion, which you trust, or accept the opinion of others, as well meaning as they may be, who knows you better?

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Two days is better, in my opinion, no one should transplant more than 1,500 a day by FUE.  It is a labor intensive procedure that should not be rushed.  With two days, the grafts will be out of the body for a shorter period of time, which increases the likelihood of a better yield.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kiwi Guy said:

I worry that the scalp and hairs being extracted from the donor on day 2 will be under huge shock from day 1 and may not take as well, does anyone know if there is any legitimacy to this notion?

This is what I have also heard hence pushing me to have it all done in one day.

11 hours ago, Dazed said:

How long did your 3300 take the first time.  I just had 2300 FUE and it took me 10+ hours to get off the table.  Anything that is finished in one day is easier on you.  The continuing trauma to your scalp hardly seems conducive to quicker healing.  You already know what makes the most sense to you.  I never had a swelling problem.  I am just amazed the doctor could place that many in one day.  I never comment on the doctors, because I just don't follow individual doctors, but if you liked the original results why change.  You can go off your opinion, which you trust, or accept the opinion of others, as well meaning as they may be, who knows you better?

It was done over 2 days last time, but 2 relatively "short" days.

14 hours ago, wheretogo said:

Hey,

if you have time i think you should do it in 2 days.

can we see your results from the first HT? i'm also had one HT and planning another one.

yes sure see my thread (look at my post history)

Any more opinions on this? Still contemplating my options

1. 3000 over one day - less spent on accommo.etc, less hassle, more convenient, all surgery done on one day so ?less shock

2. 3000 over 2 days - slower pace (hopefully less error), less 'graft out, awaiting implantation' time

3 minutes ago, GuyFromTheUK said:

1. 3000 over one day - less spent on accommo.etc, less hassle, more convenient, all surgery done on one day so ?less shock

2. 3000 over 2 days - slower pace (hopefully less error), less 'graft out, awaiting implantation' time

IMO, I would choose 1-day, get it all done and taken care of (as long as I’m the only patient for the clinic that day) then able to just relax and not stress about another days worth of harvesting and implanting and needles etc etc. and move on to healing well.

38 minutes ago, GuyFromTheUK said:

I would choose 1 day as well. I found day 2 to be very difficult mentally and physically. The recovery time I experienced from a 1 day surgery to a 2 day was massive. 

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly