Hairline refinement 1500 grafts?

Hey so long story short I had a 2100 FUE 7 years ago and overall was a success building a new hairline (I was a nw 2.5) however I'm still wanting another pass to really achieve my dream hairline. One side is too high and also the zig zag pattern doesn't look completely natural . I've had a few people tell me this. Also my corners are a little rounded almost like a female hairline design. I really want it dropped slightly and more refined with singles (see pics)

I'm 35 now and kept my native hair super strong (using fin and minoxidil ) At the moment I'm stuck using a little derm to make my hairline appear natural. It frustrates me that I have great native hair but can't fully enjoy it due to the hairline. I lose a lot of styling options as I tend to hide my hairline sweeping it forward 

Im looking to maybe do 1500 FUE ?

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

Those lines seem reasonable.  I would get some grafts punched out on the left corner as they are too pluggy.

Konior, Gabel, Nadimi, Cooley, Shapiro MG, Bisanga are the only names you need.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

58 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Those lines seem reasonable.  I would get some grafts punched out on the left corner as they are too pluggy.

Yup it really needs refining. I notice some people stare at my hairline but maybe that's me being parinoid 

I bet they're staring at your hairline and wishing they had as much hair as you!

It looks great to the casual observer, but obviously if something bothers you about it and you can take care if it - I say do it.

I'd add to your list at least a consult with The Hairline King - Dr. Rahal. Re-creator of some of the most beautiful, natural hairlines I've seen.

Good luck

• Like 1

• Administrators

Your hairline looks great, it looks natural with good density. I don’t think you need another IMO. It doesn’t need refinement either. It’s basically a refined natural appearing hairline already.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Disagree, I don’t think it looks at all pluggy 

Your hairline looks fine and age appropriate for now and the future.  If you lower it, as drawn, will give you more of a juvenile hairline.  The only people who can carry such hairline are those that have more hair than all of us combined, (and adolescents).

If you feel your temporal areas are a bit rounded and not blunted, You may want to bring the forelock (only) down about a cm. and leave everything else the same.  The doctor could blunt the corner as well.  If this is done by staggering grafts, this might resolve all the issues you have outlined.  

20 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

Your hairline looks fine and age appropriate for now and the future.  If you lower it, as drawn, will give you more of a juvenile hairline.  The only people who can carry such hairline are those that have more hair than all of us combined, (and adolescents).

If you feel your temporal areas are a bit rounded and not blunted, You may want to bring the forelock (only) down about a cm. and leave everything else the same.  The doctor could blunt the corner as well.  If this is done by staggering grafts, this might resolve all the issues you have outlined.  

awesome I’m starting to think density instead of lowering the hairline! You think 1500 grafts will be fine? 

Edited by Amelia25

What density are you trying to accomplish?  How far back do you want to work?  The problem is the contrast between the color of the hair and the color of the skin. SMP might not be a bad idea at this stage.  What medical therapy are you doing?

23 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

What density are you trying to accomplish?  How far back do you want to work?  The problem is the contrast between the color of the hair and the color of the skin. SMP might not be a bad idea at this stage.  What medical therapy are you doing?

This is the hairline pulled back I just thought it could be more refined and filled in? 

A82D51F4-A1C3-48E5-BB0F-B5B13CC3614F.png

9300DAE0-213F-443C-8301-6330EC600A39.png

Oh, now I see what you mean.  Up close it's a different story.

A couple of things come to mind.  Using the rule of thirds, (chin to nose, nose to eyebrow, eyebrow to hairline), where is your hairline supposed to be?  If you have a conservative hairline and you can bring down the hairline about a cm, this would allow to stagger some grafts to add naturalness.  You could also have some of the grafts punched to make them smaller, (less groupings).  Lastly, electrolysis.  

4 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Oh, now I see what you mean.  Up close it's a different story.

A couple of things come to mind.  Using the rule of thirds, (chin to nose, nose to eyebrow, eyebrow to hairline), where is your hairline supposed to be?  If you have a conservative hairline and you can bring down the hairline about a cm, this would allow to stagger some grafts to add naturalness.  You could also have some of the grafts punched to make them smaller, (less groupings).  Lastly, electrolysis.  

Yeah I actually plucked out a few at hairline to soften it and take out some groupings and it does look much better. 

I was considering Cooley for 1500 grafts to lower hairline very slightly with singles and then work behind building more density 

my left side is 4 fingers eyebrows to hairline but my right side is a bit higher 

IMO, Your right side definitely needs to be leveled out to get close to the lefts appearance and zig-zag plugginess needs to be slightly peppered with single-hair grafts, and maybe instead of lowering your full hairline as drawn you just opt for more of a widows peak.

Dr Diep and Dr Gabel should also be considered.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 6:29 AM, VicTNYC said:

IMO, Your right side definitely needs to be leveled out to get close to the lefts appearance and zig-zag plugginess needs to be slightly peppered with single-hair grafts, and maybe instead of lowering your full hairline as drawn you just opt for more of a widows peak.

Dr Diep and Dr Gabel should also be considered.

Yes I agree. My right side bothers me more Than anything! It almost makes my forehead appear way larger and throws off symmetry. It’s way more apparent when my hair grows longer so I’m stuck with shorter sides with the fade 

I’ll show you some pics face on and side 

1C5FC86D-B0D3-4EB8-B40C-3ACF41D7EFFF.jpeg

00462A44-54C1-4523-8C09-A1F94C87179B.jpeg

Hair looks great .. pretty awesome

to see it has held up for 7 years .. ur native hair is still nice n dense . I know what u mean about the forehead thing , if it’s bothhering u  all these years , u should consider fixing it .. but don’t think u need 1500 grafts .. it’s just a hairline refinement not a rebuild .. 

2 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Hair looks great .. pretty awesome

to see it has held up for 7 years .. ur native hair is still nice n dense . I know what u mean about the forehead thing , if it’s bothhering u  all these years , u should consider fixing it .. but don’t think u need 1500 grafts .. it’s just a hairline refinement not a rebuild .. 

Thanks Legend yeah my native hair is doing great ..I always wanted to see how my hair progressed first, before I do anything more to my hairline . I’m about ready now to really go for a hairline I’ve always wanted. 

I still think I would benefit from more grafts and go for a nice full hairline.I did an edit for that  side to balance it out ...let me know what you think ?

so would you say my temple point needs working on too?

C2378E21-EBBD-47E5-A7F8-8E5E681BD116.png

5 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Your hair looks great. Which treatments have u been on and for how long?

are u planning to go to hdc again? If not who’s on your shortlist?

Since I was 25 . Steady on 1mg of fin and minoxidil liquid once per night and niz 3x week 

tried dut and got insane thickness literally hair like a carpet! However hairline didn’t improve only a ht will give me what I want 

decided to go off dut for now as I want that for a future weapon and I feel I don’t need it yet....hair is slightly less thick since dropping dut but still great! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Your hair looks great. Which treatments have u been on and for how long?

are u planning to go to hdc again? If not who’s on your shortlist?

I’m going for Cooley. I love how natural his hairlines are