I talked to my doctor yesterday

he showed me pics of the pre transplant and current 6 month mark. My front is way way better - the hairline is much better. The crown and middle is very marginally improved. 

He told me that he focused mostly on my front because that's what people really see. For me, I really wish he would have focused more on the middle and crown. I have very curly hair that is super easy to comb over the front...the back is hard to cover up. He said I should get a little more growth but way more thickening of the current hairs. i don't think I've seen much of any growth in the crown and middle but I can't deny the front looks much much better.

I'm not very optimistic. I hated my crown more than anything and it doesn't seem like it's going to be ever decent. I wish he would have put around 1500 grafts in the crown and saved the other 2500 for the rest (I think he only put 800 - 900 in crown)

• Administrators

Keep in mind the crown takes a lot longer to grow, the majority don’t see full results until 18 months. However, was this discussed beforehand? Did you explain what you wanted worked. Sounds like there was a communication issue. In the end, I hope your satisfied. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Typically that is what you normally do. However as melvin said. It seems like communication issue one way or the other.

however crown is the slowest and if the front is showing signs the crown will probably get better over time. But may not ultimately be what you wanted.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Keep in mind the crown takes a lot longer to grow, the majority don’t see full results until 18 months. However, was this discussed beforehand? Did you explain what you wanted worked. Sounds like there was a communication issue. In the end, I hope your satisfied. 

I told the doctor up front that I really hated my middle and crown. I don't think he understood how important it was to me

I understand why he feels the way he does - hairline is definitely most important but IMO a NW3 hairline with no baldspot still looks less like you're balding than a NW2 with a baldspot.

I understand the crown takes a lot longer to thicken up but my crown still feels very very bald - not that there's hair there but it's thin. Is it really possible for growth on crown to start at 6-8 months?

Edited by AnalogFeel

Gee imagine that...you said you didn’t grow at all and now after looking at pics (pics you refused to post because you were so insistant they showed no growth) you have decided you grew a lot in the front.

Been on this site 4 years....haven’t met many like you. You are definitely a special kind.