David Beckham FUE

I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed on here, but what's everyone else opinion on Beckham's hair over the past year?

It all started with him growing his hair in a pony tail, which seemed like it was an attempt to hide crown loss

4yUkZ3Y.jpg

At the same time this exposed thinning in the hairline:

JT3hOvi.jpg

Later in the year he was pictured with a shaved head, which looked suspiciously red, as though he may have had some work:

8nPw5dp.jpg

Following this he was pictured on holiday and displayed considerable thinning, both of the crown and generalised thinning:

W8q06Vn.jpg

2V9f0pC.jpg

rexfbHx.jpg

adoswBo.jpg

Soon after theses images appeared in newspapers, he started showing clear signs of heavy use of concealer, with the tell tale powdery, dark reddish hue:

P0rvXwl.jpg

R1Wdi28.jpg

Although in this image he seemed to with go without it, or not use as much and thinning could once again be seen:

RJVfZKw.jpg

His latest pics IMO still show use of concealer, although things seem to be thickening up again:

1nG8Pn7.jpg

compare the above image with an image just before he started to grow the ponytail and you can see the hairline is clearly strengthened:

tIaRfMJ.jpg

Whats peoples thoughts?

• Like 1

He’s 43 years old....I’d be more concerned with all the sun-leathered folds and wrinkles on my face if I were him...not hating on him ...just an observation..

if he did undergo an Ht how is he ok with sunbathing and allowing his scalp to be exposed to possible sun damage which most all doctors say to avoid post-op...or maybe he didn’t have an Ht..

Edited by VicTNYC

1 minute ago, VicTNYC said:

He’s 43 years old....I’d be more concerned with all the sun-leathered folds and wrinkles on my face if I were him...not hating on him ...just an observation..

if he did undergo an Ht how is he ok with sunbathing and allowing his scalp to be exposed to possible sun damage which most all doctors say to avoid post-op..

Could just be heavy use of concealers I suppose, but there was a good few weeks between pics so a month plus with no sun should be adequate... or maybe he didn’t follow doctors orders. It’s heabily rumoured he did have one, and I think looking at the pics it’s highly likely 

7 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Could just be heavy use of concealers I suppose, but there was a good few weeks between pics so a month plus with no sun should be adequate... or maybe he didn’t follow doctors orders. It’s heabily rumoured he did have one, and I think looking at the pics it’s highly likely 

Could be.

Well if I had his money I’d throw mine away and get to Dr Couto asap! Haha.

Great opening post. I love it when people put some effort into a post like that. It does seem you are right.

The list of celebrities in football that had hair surgery is long. Just to name a few:

Jurgen Klopp

Diego Simeone

Antonio Conte

Cesc Fabregas

Benedikt Höwedes

Slaven Bilic

Dimitar Berbatov

Wayne Rooney

And also two sports celebrities from other sports, maybe the biggest ones of them all: LeBron James and Rafael Nadal.

1 minute ago, BjornBorg said:

Great opening post. I love it when people put some effort into a post like that. It does seem you are right.

The list of celebrities in football that had hair surgery is long. Just to name a few:

Jurgen Klopp

Diego Simeone

Antonio Conte

Cesc Fabregas

Benedikt Höwedes

Slaven Bilic

Dimitar Berbatov

Wayne Rooney

And also two sports celebrities from other sports, maybe the biggest ones of them all: LeBron James and Rafael Nadal.

Lewis Hamilton got a great result from his Ht.

Lewis Hamilton wears some kind of system when out and about.  During races it appears his hatural hair which is really quite thin.

Andros Townsend has clearly done something which I suspect is a high quality system.  It appears too dense to be natural and with no signs of donor depletion or scars.

Beckham has been using concealers for years and shows no evidence of transplants.  He's got quite fine hair which comes across as thin when it's short and in harsh light.  He's probably on finasteride.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

2 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Lewis Hamilton wears some kind of system when out and about.  During races it appears his hatural hair which is really quite thin.

Andros Townsend has clearly done something which I suspect is a high quality system.  It appears too dense to be natural and with no signs of donor depletion or scars.

Beckham has been using concealers for years and shows no evidence of transplants.  He's got quite fine hair which comes across as thin when it's short and in harsh light.  He's probably on finasteride.

I’m not so sure, Beckham reps didn’t deny a hair transplant when asked directly about it a few months ago, they just said it was a matter he water to keep private.

hamiltons hair, whilst looking thinner after raves due to the helmet and sweat still looks a lot more dense than a few year back, so while he may wear a system to events (I’m not too sure about this), he has defiantly had some work done 

Changed my mind on Townsend.

He definately did SMP a year or two back and then it looks FUT which would explain the big change:

image.png.d0b110e2efcfc9ddd56c5efe3812670e.png

Edited by 1978matt

Just checked his IG and either way his hair is on point!

I'm not convinced he had a procedure done--changing looks appear to be a combination of styling and/or concealers.

Dude reminds me of the following saying: "Men age like whisky, women age like milk" lol.

18 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Just checked his IG and either way his hair is on point!

I'm not convinced he had a procedure done--changing looks appear to be a combination of styling and/or concealers.

Dude reminds me of the following saying: "Men age like whisky, women age like milk" lol.

He’s 100% using concealer these days, I can’t imagine him wanting to use it forever and shaving his head would be been the perfect opportunity to take care of it. He was also wearing a hat for a while before those holiday pics. 

8 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

He’s 100% using concealer these days, I can’t imagine him wanting to use it forever and shaving his head would be been the perfect opportunity to take care of it. He was also wearing a hat for a while before those holiday pics. 

Oh shit, looks like you're right.

Just found his before picture.

image.png.0052e9ca56ab6cf9e97d94a7eee7a2f2.png

• Haha 1

• Administrators

He needs to get better at using concealers. The mismatch in color is horrible, it’s a dead giveaway. With that said, he’s a perfect candidate for concealers.

He still has a good amount of hair just slowly thinning. He could probably get away with using concealers for years before going under the knife.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/6/2019 at 10:37 PM, 1978matt said:

Changed my mind on Townsend.

He definately did SMP a year or two back and then it looks FUT which would explain the big change:

image.png.d0b110e2efcfc9ddd56c5efe3812670e.png

Great scar for Townsend. You can see where the transplanted work is though (hairline and temple points) and it doesn't look natural.

9 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Great scar for Townsend. You can see where the transplanted work is though (hairline and temple points) and it doesn't look natural.

I saw him being interviewed yesterday and the problem seems to be the mixture of SMP and HT makes his hairline too abrupt.  Once the SMP fades it should look more natural.

3 hours ago, 1978matt said:

I saw him being interviewed yesterday and the problem seems to be the mixture of SMP and HT makes his hairline too abrupt.  Once the SMP fades it should look more natural.

Still, coming from somebody who has just had FUT, I would love a scar like that. Do we know who his surgeon was?

• 1 year later...

So I guess it was concealer all along. What are people’s thoughts on this picture? Just a bad picture with the lighting making it look worse or is he badly diffusing and using copious amounts of concealer day to day? I do think there may have been a small procedure over the last couple of years though rounding off the recession in the temples but by the looks he hasn’t addressed the rest 

B7639518-730B-44F3-BC98-D75D93E6FB93.jpeg

I always knew he used quite a bit of concealer. You can tell bc there were a disproportionate amount of actual hair strands (very few) when's styles vs how dense and dark the scalp looked.  Hes how old now?  Probably doesn't even really care anymore if he's going out in public like that.  Of course, the lighting is horrible and it probably doesn't look half as bad in real life. 

• Administrators

He wears concealer for sure, but that’s also a bad picture. Short fine blinding hair will always be see through under direct sunlight. Even children get a see through effect with a buzz cut.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 years later...

Changed my mind on this one having seen much clearer head shaved photos.  Some work in the temples and around the hairline

david-beckham-and-victoria-beckham-atten

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Changed my mind on this one having seen much clearer head shaved photos.  Some work in the temples and around the hairline

david-beckham-and-victoria-beckham-atten

It looks like recent work. I reckon its at 4 months. 

View my thread

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It looks like recent work. I reckon its at 4 months. 

I googled around and I think the main change happened in 2018 when he was pictured in a swimming pool.  However, that's not to say he hasn't had further work done recently.

He’s definitely had a recent top up. Although that’s not a flattering picture it shows up the areas which needed reinforcing. Good Luck to him, would love to know who his chosen surgeon is.

Ive just watched the Beckham doc/series on Netflix funnily enough. If he’s got any of his dads follicular genes then he’s done very well to keep any hair!

Edited by ScottishGuy21