Going for FUE with Dr.Bhatti This Month - Please Review My Case

Hello all!

I've been reading this forum for a few months now, and I've finally decided to take my case to Dr.Bhatti, and this was after extensive research online and following this very network.

I'm 24, I know this might sound early but I'm not looking to lower my hairline - I'm only looking to fill in my corners and temples.  I spoke to Dr.Bhatti over email about my case and he estimates around 1200 grafts to fill in the same areas.

I haven't had extensive hair loss, genetic or otherwise, I suspect that a bad lifestyle & stress factors played a major role in me losing hair from about 2 years. Ever since I started eating and sleeping well, things have drastically come under control.

Would love to hear this forum's comments/suggestions. I know that Dr.Bhatti's representatives are here too, I'm looking forward to hearing from them as well. Please find pictures attached.

Also, could any of Dr.Bhatti's patients guide me on where I could find affordable stay?

Regards!

top.jpg

right.jpg

front.jpg

left.jpg

Hair held back.jpg

Donor.jpg

Edited by PascalTheCosmonaut

• Administrators

In my opinion, you don’t need surgery. Your hair looks great save your money and grafts for when you really need it.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've been told this before, and I frankly remember Dr.Bhatti writing to me that I could not do a procedure and style my hair properly to hide the recession in my temples.

But I do feel that getting a small procedure done along my hairline would frame my face properly.

Honestly, it seems like I want it done more than not. Would a 1000-graft procedure really hurt my prospects of getting another procedure done, say, 5 or 10 years down the line?

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my opinion, you don’t need surgery. Your hair looks great save your money and grafts for when you really need it.

Just now, PascalTheCosmonaut said:

I've been told this before, and I frankly remember Dr.Bhatti writing to me that I could not do a procedure and style my hair properly to hide the recession in my temples.

But I do feel that getting a small procedure done along my hairline would frame my face properly.

Honestly, it seems like I want it done more than not. Would a 1000-graft procedure really hurt my prospects of getting another procedure done, say, 5 or 10 years down the line?

8 minutes ago, Raker said:

24 years of age and considering a HT, don’t do it, as Melvin says give it a few years then revisit your situation. Get on the meds. 

You don’t need the surgery but it’s your call, from somebody that’s more than twice your age I would say take your time, it’s a marathon not a sprint. I’m 56 and going for my first HT this month. I know it’s not easy listening to an old man but you’ve plenty of time on your side. Trust me, you’ll appreciate the advice in the long term. 

Don’t do it .. I’m giving u the same advice as other members gave me last year when my hairloss just started . N I only needed 1200 grafts .. it won’t make Much of a cosmetic Difference .. 1200 wont match the density of ur native hair .. n if u already receding at a young age .. u will most definitely recede further.. then u just be chasing ur hairline .. 

• Like 2

Agree 100% with all the above. 

I would reach out to a few other world class surgeons like Konior/Bisanga/Shapiro to see what they think of your situation. They may offer you a similar perspective to the above members which will keep you from rushing into anything. They can also help you to establish a plan for the future which will put your mind at ease as you will have some goals in mind. 

I rushed into mine at 25 and now am playing catch up and genuinely regret not waiting longer and getting further input from world class docs.  I think you will find that the most regret people have is from rushing into a ht too soon or being too aggressive early on rather than the regret from waiting an extra year or two and being methodical in their approach. 

Best of luck.

Edited by mrmane85
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, det9925 said:

Your going all the way to India to do only 1200 grafts? thats crazy... get you a nice hotel since your already getting a great deal on an HT with a great doc.

You DON'T need a hair transplant...why are you doing this?

18 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Agree 100% with all the above. 

I would reach out to a few other world class surgeons like Konior/Bisanga/Shapiro to see what they think of your situation. They may offer you a similar perspective to the above members which will keep you from rushing into anything. They can also help you to establish a plan for the future which will put your mind at ease as you will have some goals in mind. 

I rushed into mine at 25 and now am playing catch up and genuinely regret not waiting longer and getting further input from world class docs.  I think you will find that the most regret people have is from rushing into a ht too soon or being too aggressive early on rather than the regret from waiting an extra year or two and being methodical in their approach. 

Best of luck.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've emailed Dr.Bhatti and he agrees that waiting a year or two is the right decision. I did want to rebuild my temples and corners without lowering my existing hairline though. I did not think that simply extending my hairline to my temples would be aggressive, but most of the people that I've spoken to seem to suggest that I wait.

So I guess I'd wait.

Get on medication if you are not. Imo first.

then if stable get the small hair transplant. If you really really want.

imo its always possible you could be a small percentage getting a subpar result. Even going to the best doctors. So make sure you can live with that before surgery. As a subpar result would probably look worse than your current state.

• Like 1