Anyone have a thin donor after FUE ? need suggestions

I feel like its such an uncommon issue and that I'm the one that was unlucky but I really need some suggestions on how to cover a thin donor area, my donor was over harvested and I'm trying to find solutions to cover up the thinness of the back.

Anyone here have a over havested donor after FUE and if so, what steps did you take to cover it up so it does not look so thin ? 

• Administrators

It’s actually not uncommon at all. Every person with multiple FUE surgeries will experience a thinner donor area, it all depends on what you’re comfortable with. 

First and foremost it’s difficult to provide accurate advice without pictures. Secondly, have you tried to experimenting with hair lengths etc.?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

When did you have the FUE procedure done? This matters because if it was recent, it will most likely look much better after it heals which could be several months or more if you had some shock loss in the area.

If it was done some time ago and it actually has been over harvested, then you can try looking into either having some SMP into the area or putting some beard grafts into the area.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

6 hours ago, BeHappy said:

When did you have the FUE procedure done? This matters because if it was recent, it will most likely look much better after it heals which could be several months or more if you had some shock loss in the area.

If it was done some time ago and it actually has been over harvested, then you can try looking into either having some SMP into the area or putting some beard grafts into the area.

i've had it done 1 year ago, it is not shockloss, it has just been overharvested. 

On 1/4/2019 at 1:24 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s actually not uncommon at all. Every person with multiple FUE surgeries will experience a thinner donor area, it all depends on what you’re comfortable with. 

First and foremost it’s difficult to provide accurate advice without pictures. Secondly, have you tried to experimenting with hair lengths etc.?

How come I can't find any topics over here of people complaining about an overharvested donor with FUE ? 

I've tried longer hair lengths but it seems like a temporary solution...if the hair gets messy, then the thin donor is still revealed. I'm not comfortable with posting pictures yet. 

I'm now looking at wigs to try and cover my back up. My beard, body hair is finite and I don't know what the survival rate is if I transplant it into donor FUE scars. And I'm afraid SMP will look too unnatural. 

If there are any other options, suggest please. 

Edited by anonsara