2200 FUE grafts + 400 eyebrows FUE with Dr. Laorwong at Absolute Hair Clinic in Bangkok

elduterino

Hi Guys

Here are my 14 days post op. pics.

Top pic was taken 5 months ago.

No shedding yet.

So far extremely pleased with results, and lack of pain as well.

Overall it was a very good experience and when I compare this to my first FUE in 2013 in Los Angeles...  Back then I got low density right off the surgery, and redness for 3 months with "avocado skin". The doc was using the lateral slit method I believe. Much less redness and bumpiness this time.

I am now oral Minox since 7 days ago - 5mg a day, also FIN for much longer, and MSM 4 grams  day.

As a side note, in Thailand you can buy oral Minox in drugstores and it cost 100 baht for  a small bottle with 100 pills of 5mg - that is about 3 USD per bottle ! I was using a can of Rogaine foam every 10 days so this alone more than covered my plane and hotel fare, since I got a 2 year supply of Minox for less than 30 USD. No side effects to report so far.  5mg is very effective.. I noticed native hair darkening and thickening after a week with usual shedding down to zero..

I did grow my hair for 5 month pre op in order to do a massive comb over and hide the recipient , dreading the redness and avocado skin from  my past experience...hence the weird hairstyle.

pre op1.jpg

14days front.jpg

14days side1.jpg

14days side2.jpg

Edited by elduterino

Yes its me - I use CB aka Clascoterone now, better than RU for  side effects and safer. I am back on the good old FIN now as I am not using alcohol topicals for a while due to the HT. And oral minox

This HT is to cover the loss I had from age 22 to 30 before Propecia was available...that was a long time ago...no internet back then !

I have not lost more hair after starting those various meds I discussed on the 2 forums for years...

No idea about Tacomaworld though

Edited by elduterino

Interesting. Who was ur first surgeon? I don’t ever remember u mentioning u had a ht on the forums until recently. How r u able to import those Chinese chemicals into Hawaii/Japan? I remember when some ppl on the forums thought u were really Jeff bridges lol

Edited by jj51702

First surgeon was Dr. Umar

Never had issues importing chemicals in Asia or bringing those to the USA on trips as powder in bags. Those are not illegal and in very small amounts for personal use.

I got questioned a few times but always cleared eventually.

I mentioned my HT in this thread

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/how-much-does-my-doctor-matter-american-local-corporate-or-turkey.119417/

Edited by elduterino

I m 50 and the first HT was in 2013

I started loosing hair around 1992..no internet..no FIN

I learned about Propecia on the Regrowth forum around 1996 and was eager to get on it asap... flew to USA in 1998 to get it as it was not available in my country of residence back then. Best decision ever..!

this kept my hair for the next 6 years then I switched to DUT, RU etc..

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys

Here are my 4 months pics. Surgery was done on Dec 20, 2018.

Pics taken on April 21, 2019.

So far very happy with results, a few spots are still empty but I can see tiny sprouts which don't show up in those pics. 

Fresh shave with a 6 mm guard on top and 3mm on the side

four months 3.jpg

four months 5.jpg

four months 4.jpg

Edited by elduterino
  • Like 1

Ha! If you don't move your eyebrows you won't have forehead wrinkles 

So the answer is: don't make wrinkles,

no skin cream will help and I don't use any besides sun screen when out 

Will take a close up of the eyebrows later on

Edited by elduterino

25 minutes ago, elduterino said:

Ha! If you don't move your eyebrows you won't have forehead wrinkles 

So the answer is: don't make wrinkles

This is a man who can count the number of times he's been surprised on one hand!

If I had to guess your profession, I'd say poker player. 

Philosophy or Botox, keep up whatever you're doing!

Hair looks great too!

Edited by Lennney

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• 1 month later...

I will post my 6 months on the 6/20

So far very happy with results 

I saw the results, positive reports from seasoned transplantee, location is convenient for apac residents and prices are very reasonables 

Edited by elduterino
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, elduterino said:

I will post my 6 months on the 6/20

So far very happy with results 

I saw the results, positive reports from seasoned transplantee, location is convenient for apac residents and prices are very reasonables 

No worries ill be sure to keep an eye out! Dr Laorwongs on the shortlist so will be following your results.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, elduterino said:

I am now oral Minox since 7 days ago - 5mg a day, also FIN for much longer, and MSM 4 grams  day.

As I've mentioned before I am weeks from my first fue, I had originally planned to take MSM and use aloe straight after then eventually back onto topical minox.

Now, I've came to realise you are a bit of a pro in this game, what was the deciding factor to go with oral minoxidil? I have previously used it but didn't want to rely on it again post transplant as I'm still not 100% sure if its good for the body.

I wanted to stay away from FIN as my Mrs is currently pregnant. Thanks

by using topical minox you get some in blood as well so oral isn't much different 

I read studies which show that alcohol on the new grafts can prevent a good connection with new blood vessels so I wanted to avoid applying alcohol directly for at least a month 

Minox will help wiht early growth and minimize shock loss and help with faster recovery of the shock loss hair as well

Oral works fine I am good responder to minox 

I bought oral minox  pills for cheap in Thailand 

I get the face skin degradation effect on minox so oral isn't a long term solution for me I switched back to topical once a day after a month or two 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Pic was taken today so it's the 8 months yes. Results came fast and strong I would say 95% at month 5 then not much change from there 

Digital cameras tend to make contrast more pronounced, in reality wiht the naked eye it looks even better 

No one ever noticed anything in terms of work done at the hair line or donor 

Donor is shaved to 3mm regularly and looks fine will post pics 

Edited by elduterino
  • Like 1