2200 FUE grafts + 400 eyebrows FUE with Dr. Laorwong at Absolute Hair Clinic in Bangkok

elduterino

20 hours ago, elduterino said:

Not really - I am a good responder to topical but someone who isn't may see better results perhaps 

Much cheaper and easier to use oral too

Thank you for the response. I’m thinking about trying the oral version. Do you know a reputable online store that I can buy it from? Or where I can buy it?

I bought mine when I was physically in Thailand - not online 

Perhaps you can try buying loniten online that's minox and dilute to 5mg a day instead of the larger dosage which may be dangerous over time due to the effect on heart rate, blood pressure drop and water retention etc

• Administrators

Wow how did I miss your thread, excellent growth. Your hairline looks like a norwood -1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow how did I miss your thread, excellent growth. Your hairline looks like a norwood -1

Hi Melvin 

Thank you for having suggested this doc to be added to your recommended list I would not have known of him otherwise. 

The hairline is entirely my design in fact I grabbed the pen, drew it and asked to be implemented that way and he very kindly accepted even though he said it may be a bit too low - I said that it's going to look great nevertheless . 

I spent a lot of time painting on my forehand various hairline designs at home before the HT so this was the final iteration which looks the most desirable to me and is definitely immature! 

I am on various  hair meds since 1998 and was able to stabilize it since then., that's why I felt confident doing it that way. 

1 hour ago, elduterino said:

Hi Melvin 

Thank you for having suggested this doc to be added to your recommended list I would not have known of him otherwise. 

The hairline is entirely my design in fact I grabbed the pen, drew it and asked to be implemented that way and he very kindly accepted even though he said it may be a bit too low - I said that it's going to look great nevertheless . 

I spent a lot of time painting on my forehand various hairline designs at home before the HT so this was the final iteration which looks the most desirable to me and is definitely immature! 

I am on various  hair meds since 1998 and was able to stabilize it since then., that's why I felt confident doing it that way. 

Your donor looks very dense. Did the doctor mention you have many 3-4 hair grafts? 

That wasn't mentionned but looking at my hairline it's mostly 1 from what I can see, not sure if this even matter as long as looks good. The first lines are clearly singles 

This being said I am a great responder to minox and take supplements which make hair shafts thicker. I had to stop minox for 2 weeks before the HT and my hair caliber overall definitely decreased at the end of the two weeks. 

The supplements which make hair thicker in my experience are msm, biotin 10mg a day and chondroitin sulfate 

Edited by elduterino

2 hours ago, elduterino said:

That wasn't mentionned but looking at my hairline it's mostly 1 from what I can see, not sure if this even matter as long as looks good. The first lines are clearly singles 

This being said I am a great responder to minox and take supplements which make hair shafts thicker. I had to stop minox for 2 weeks before the HT and my hair caliber overall definitely decreased at the end of the two weeks. 

The supplements which make hair thicker in my experience are msm, biotin 10mg a day and chondroitin sulfate 

How many mg of msm is the best you think? Also what else medication apart from finasteride would u recommend ? It seems u are in the game long time haha 

2 grams of msm twice per day total 4g

1.8g of chondroitin 

5mg of biotin twice a day total 10mg

For hair maintenance - only topicals

Clascoterone 50mg a a day in a vehicle of half neogenic and half 95%pure ethanol - Polmos rectfied spirit 

Neogenic is one of the product which has stemoxydine, this helps increase the growth cycles 

Minox foam once a day 

I don't use fin or dut since 2010 but of course would recommend it, it saved my hair for the first 6 years 

• Like 1

I used to use RU for 9 years, this new drug Clascoterone is replacing RU and yes it will be the ingredient in the upcomimg breezula and acne cream winlevi which will be released earlier at lower concentration 

Edited by elduterino

• 5 months later...

Guys, here is a pic of the donor after 14 months, but It also includes the FUE I had done in 2014 , total 3700 grafts for both surgeries.

I shaved with no guard on my shaver, this is as short a the shaver can do and I usually don't go that short but wanted to see how it looks.

The pics were taken by my GF, who does not know I ever had HT, and the most important part is that she did not notice anything particular at the donor, while taking these shots and in normal life.

This is the proof that FUE can be scar less, at least in the eye of others.

DSC01803.JPG

DSC01809.JPG

DSC01810.JPG

• 1 month later...

Super happy yes. I shave it to a no guard at back and sides once a week and my GF has not said a thing, and I had 4100 FUE grafts removed over two FUE there so I am convinced it is scar less at least to the eyes of the others.

As for the front/hairline, growing fine no issues at all. I shave the rest of my head to a 9 mm guard as it looks better while still limiting the amount of topical hair meds required to maintain. The difference in density with native hair is barely noticeable at that length, but not so if I cut shorter

Edited by elduterino
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, elduterino said:

Super happy yes. I shave it to a no guard at back and sides once a week and my GF has not said a thing, and I had 4100 FUE grafts removed over two FUE there so I am convinced it is scar less at least to the eyes of the others.

As for the front/hairline, growing fine no issues at all. I shave the rest of my head to a 9 mm guard as it looks better while still limiting the amount of topical hair meds required to maintain. The difference in density with native hair is barely noticeable at that length, but not so if I cut shorter

Any specific reason why u hide it from your gf?

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2020 at 4:05 AM, elduterino said:

Hi mate, I'm in Australia and obviously Thailand is quite close to me rather than having to travel to europe so I'm interested in this clinic.

Feel free to PM me if you're more comfortable but what approx cost is it per graft at this clinic? Work looks very good!

• 2 years later...