Hanging Upside Down vs Minoxi

In my experience, spending some time in the inverted position each day does improve blood circulation to the scalp and helps slow down hair loss. It's also very good for your mind and general well being. You don't need to hang upside down - the shoulder stand position is good enough.

I take medication (including minoxidil) and can tell you that my baseline daily hair loss is noticeably less if I'm spending 5 mins per day in the inverted position. I think it genuinely helps prolong the hair growth cycle.

• Like 1

Wish there could be some verifiable studies done on this subject.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

Hanging upside down won't do anything for hair loss. This is an old wives tale'. Minoxidil works by prolonging the anagen (growth) phase of the hair follicle. Therefore, you have more terminal hairs on your head that live longer, this significantly delays the hair loss process. The exact mechanism of how minoxidil regrows hair is widely unknown, but it blood circulation is not one of them. Remember the scalp is one of the most vascular parts of the body.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think the answer of Legend was very funny, hilarious actually.

Unfortunately, I agree with Melvin, this fairy tales about hairloss go around since Julius Cesar: Hanging upside down, massage, topical beer (or piss of sh.t or garlic or spe.m, can be continued...). 

I recommend to do some sport: Will also increase blood flow and while not growing hair it will help your general health. If you want to fight hairloss, there is FIN (DUT), Minox and maybe KET or PO. 

Gasthoerer

I never said doing that will grow any hair, the question is can it maintain what we already have, sort of like Minoxi.

I mean it does stream blood to the scalp in a way, which is what Minoxi is based on.

No disrespect to anyone but I would love to hear an educated opinion..

We get it, but NO: It will not regrowth hair. Why? The odds speak against it. Blood thinner also do not grow hair. Sport does not grow hair. Both will also increase blood flow. Hairloss is not a lack of nutrition by lack of blood flow. 

On top: You get the effect of Minox wrong. It doesn't maintain. FIN does. Minox can be a temporary booster (which actually grows hair), but some claim it can even increase DHT and be net negative. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, redarmy said:

Melvin-Moderator

Your opinion is based on any studies validate this or you just think it is not?

Legend007

Get a life, funny you're not

No I don’t have any studies to present because quite frankly, there isn’t a need for studies. This myth is as ridiculous as “masturbating causes hair loss”. If you want to try it that is up to you, but minoxidil is proven to work, as there have been several studies submitted to the FDA for approval. Just google “minoxidil pubmed” I’m sure you will find plenty. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I find nothing ,that is not a sponsored ad, that advocates inversion therapy for much other than the spine.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

10 hours ago, redarmy said:

Gasthoerer

I never said doing that will grow any hair, the question is can it maintain what we already have, sort of like Minoxi.

I mean it does stream blood to the scalp in a way, which is what Minoxi is based on.

No disrespect to anyone but I would love to hear an educated opinion..

Educated opinion? Ok let’s think about this logically. Modern studies have determined the root cause of hair loss to be a persons individual susceptibility to dht based on their genetics. Other issues recently identified by scientists has been prostaglandins. 

Now...how would hanging upside down address these issues? Can it lower dht?...no. Can it decrease pgd2?...no

you argue that minoxidil increases blood to the scalp and that’s how it maintains hair. Ok I’ll bite, show me a study that proves this. To this day scientists do not know 100% why minoxidil works and why it forces hairs to stay in anagen longer. 

If you are serious about trying to stop your hair loss I’d not look towards towards treatments like hanging upside down. Finasteride, minoxidil, ketoconazole shampoo, safe topical anti androgens, etc are proven treatments.

17 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Until u show me a picture of a bald vampire .. then his theory is legit .. hang upside down for one year n regrow ur hair.. then come back here n prove us all wrong . Thanks (‘.^) 

image.png.089348d1f6b04378873c22d97a34da96.png

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

Haha, best thread ever. 

But, legend got it all wrong. My educated (!) opinion is that vampires actually sleep in coffins and not upside down. Bats sleep upside down. Hence, we need pictures of the hair status of bats. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

16 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I think the answer of Legend was very funny, hilarious actually.

Unfortunately, I agree with Melvin, this fairy tales about hairloss go around since Julius Cesar: Hanging upside down, massage, topical beer (or piss of sh.t or garlic or spe.m, can be continued...). 

I recommend to do some sport: Will also increase blood flow and while not growing hair it will help your general health. If you want to fight hairloss, there is FIN (DUT), Minox and maybe KET or PO. 

What is KET and PO?

Hey redarmy, my suggestion is do some thorough research through these forums and you will find a general consensus from other guys that are going through hair loss and have had hair transplants etc which will dispel the notion of a lot of these home remedies and what not. You can always give it a try, track the progress (if any) just to say that you tried it for yourself. I think some of these guys are making light of your question because they have been going through this process for years and are vets when it comes to all of this... forgetting that at one point in their journeys they were also in your position and didn't know what was fact from fiction... it's all good bro.

11 hours ago, jj51702 said:

you argue that minoxidil increases blood to the scalp and that’s how it maintains hair. Ok I’ll bite, show me a study that proves this. To this day scientists do not know 100% why minoxidil works and why it forces hairs to stay in anagen longer. 

"Hypothetically, by widening blood vessels and opening potassium channels, it allows more oxygen, blood, and nutrients to the follicles." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil#cite_note-15

11 hours ago, redarmy said:

"Hypothetically, by widening blood vessels and opening potassium channels, it allows more oxygen, blood, and nutrients to the follicles." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil#cite_note-15

If that were the only mechanism of why it works there are other drugs including hypertension drugs that would work in the same way...but they dont

I agree with Melvin and JJ presenting the most reliable sources of information on treating hair loss.

Inversion therapy may be a revolutionary idea as much as using a heat lamp to increase blood flow to the scalp?

Yet we must remember that DHT is the culprit!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY