Seeking Advice: Erdogan FUE vs. Rahal FUE vs. Rahal FUT (Pics Included)

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There is no perfect surgeon. Dr. Hasson has had negative reviews every surgeon has had less than stellar results or reviews. It’s important to speak with happy and unhappy patients. 

Truth. And look at both positive and less than positive results. 

Edited by Since21

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

There is no perfect surgeon. Dr. Hasson has had negative reviews every surgeon has had less than stellar results or reviews. It’s important to speak with happy and unhappy patients. 

Yeah tbh. There’s always those factors you can’t account for, sometimes it can be down to the physiology of the particular patient. When dealing with the human body there is no garantee with any surgical procedures 

39 minutes ago, CatsMeow83 said:

Now all I have to decide is whether to go FUT or FUE.  

This is going to sound contradictory. After having done both FUT and FUE, FUT is barbaric in comparison. Much more invasive, and the recovery time is literally like day and night. That said, I'm glad I did FUT first for the higher graft count, and then FUE for a smaller session. In my mind, it just makes sense to do FUT first so you don't 'moth eat' or thin out your donor site on the first pass with a high graft count. Buuuut... I wouldn't dissuade anyone from doing FUE either because you're not taking a chunk of scalp out of your noggin. 

Edited by Since21
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Since21 said:

This is going to sound contradictory. After having done both FUT and FUE, FUT is barbaric in comparison. Much more invasive, and the recovery time is literally like day and night. That said, I'm glad I did FUT first for the higher graft count, and then FUE for a smaller session. In my mind, it just makes sense to do FUT first so you don't 'moth eat' or thin out your donor site on the first pass with a high graft count. Buuuut... I wouldn't dissuade anyone from doing FUE either because you're not taking a chunk of scalp out of your noggin. 

Yeah - this definitely all makes sense.  I'm probably going to go the FUT route this first time for the reasons you state.  But I'm still a little wheezy about the more invasive nature of the procedure.  I never really considered FUT until I started seeing some of the results from guys like Hasson.  I always figured I would go the easier FUE route, so I am definitely having to adjust my mindset and get comfortable with something that's a little more invasive than originally planned.

• Administrators

There’s really no reason to choose FUE with the hair length you keep. FUE is better suited for guys who like to keep their sides really short. FUT is cheaper and just as good if not better. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If worried about further losses and the hair is typically at that length, FUT with either HnW or Rahal definitely should be top considerations.

I have had two FUT procedures with Rahal and I think it was the best thing I have ever done. I think you get better growth, faster and you don't get the moth eaten look at the back. The scar only becomes an issue if you plan to shave your head in the future (which I never would do). It's true that the recovery is worse with FUT, but it is a week out of your life. Who cares for a lifetime of great hair :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 3:06 PM, Since21 said:

Sounds like he's just trying to steer you in the right direction. I had gotten in touch with Rahal's clinic and spoke to his rep when I was researching doctors for my first procedure, but as I dug a little deeper I had started to see enough negative results/experiences that I ultimately eliminated him from my list. Again, good luck in your search. 

Since21 Could you possibly elaborate a bit on which negative results/experiences ultimately turned you off from him ?

3 minutes ago, Markee said:

Since21 Could you possibly elaborate a bit on which negative results/experiences ultimately turned you off from him ?

It was 5 years ago. When you do your research, you are evaluating and disseminating a lot of information and results. I talked to 5-6 doctors once I narrowed down my search, looked at hundreds of results, talked to patients, spent many hours on this forum, etc. I don't remember specific cases or results, to be honest. I just remember there were enough mixed results to steer me in another direction.