Plucking Out Transplanted Hairs Along The Forehead

in2deep

Good afternoon everyone, I just wanted to make this thread to share an experience of mine & perhaps receive some input from you guys on this website. 

i hate my transplant that I did along the hairline (at only 20yrs old), looks very unnatural and hairs are too thick, also placed far too far forward and too straight. its been 3 years since the transplant and for the past 6 months I have been plucking them out which seems to work, however the skin where the transplant had been done is a whiter and brighter then the rest of the face and under light you can see tiny holes in the skin 😔 I have done 6 dermapen / microneedling sessions, to try and correct that area but tbh there is barely any difference and the serum the lady used I think made the area even brighter. Any other suggestions on what could be done to get the skin looking more natural would be greatly appreciate, or is my only way forward is to get another transplant with a more skilled surgeon?

Thanks a lot for reading, any responses much appreciated .

Attached is some images of how it looks after plucking and with the transplants fully grown. The one in the pink shirt i put some foundation to cover the area

Edited by in2deep

Are some of the pics prior to plucking?

I think your hair looks good either way dude.

Plucked looks slightly better (a bit more masculine) but in the seemingly non-lucked pics i think it still looks really good. 

If it bothers you lasering them out is probably best option.

Could also wait until you lose more hair and then have them transplanted to a better spot.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2018 at 11:52 PM, forgotpassword said:

just for the sake of curiosity @in2deep, do you have any pre-transplant pics? curious to know how it looked to see what made you go for surgery at 20 years of age. How many grafts did you get?

I dont know what made me go for it at the age of 20. I just thought i was receding and ended up  wanting to correct my hair line a little, the sound of gettin a little more hairs in my hairline sounded appealing at the time.. i dont have any pre op pics to be honest other than this one. Also a footballer under the name of fabregas got one and it looked good so i kinda wanted the same. I was stupid

Edited by in2deep

1 hour ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Are some of the pics prior to plucking?

I think your hair looks good either way dude.

Plucked looks slightly better (a bit more masculine) but in the seemingly non-lucked pics i think it still looks really good. 

If it bothers you lasering them out is probably best option.

Could also wait until you lose more hair and then have them transplanted to a better spot.

Yes brother some are with the transplants fully grown...

thanks im glad u think plucked looks slightly better 💞 i do not mind plucking them out, just trying to correct the scar tissue developed on the forehead you know? 

Having these grafts moved to another place is not my concern. I know i cld remove them with laser or electrolysis or excision but for now im just plucking to keep testing if this is what i want, and in terms of the look of the hair and the naturalsness and all it is what i want. I just want to correct the color of the skin and make it look natural 😔 im thinking of getting a face self tan cream and apply it to that area to help make the color of it match the remainder of my face & not stand out.

7 hours ago, in2deep said:

I don't know what made me go for it at the age of 20. I just thought I was receding and ended up  wanting to correct my hairline a little, the sound of gettin a little more hairs in my hairline sounded appealing at the time. I don't have any pre op pics to be honest other than this one. Also a footballer under the name of Fabregas got one and it looked good so I kinda wanted the same. I was stupid.

Who was the surgeon? They should be ashamed of themselves for performing the procedure on you. You didn't need it. Did he/she try to dissuade you from doing it? 

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

12 hours ago, Since21 said:

Who was the surgeon? They should be ashamed of themselves for performing the procedure on you. You didn't need it. Did he/she try to dissuade you from doing it? 

I know. They really should have. They did not draw a new hairline or anything they just kind of did it.... no they did not dissuade me into not doing it they just told me you would prolly need more grafts in 5 years :(

Edited by in2deep

6 hours ago, in2deep said:

I know. They really should have. They did not draw a new hairline or anything they just kind of did it.... no they did not dissuade me into not doing it they just told me you would prolly need more grafts in 5 years.... disgusting. I got the surgery done in the middle east

Normally I would say the patient needs to take some responsibility, but you were 20 years old. Unfortunately, if this particular surgeon wouldn't do it, I'm sure you could have kept looking until you found someone who would agree to do it. There are always unethical people out there eager to take advantage of a 'fool' and his money. 

• Sad 1

My main question is, is there anyway on this planet that I can correct this area in terms of color and texture :(  I dnt want another transplant this is the only way to look natural in my opinion.

Edited by in2deep

1 minute ago, in2deep said:

My main question is, is there any way on this planet that I can correct this area in terms of color and texture :( I dont want another transplant this is the only way to look natural in my opinion.

Not sure what can be done about discoloration and pitting. I don't know where you're located but I would recommend a consultation with someone like Dr. Konior or Dr. Nadimi because they also have a background in plastic surgery. You might also want to consult a reputable dermatologist in your area. Whatever you decide to do, you'll want to take a very considered approach because you don't want to make it worse. If you want to permanently get rid of the hair, then laser will do that. But again, talk to a dermatologist or a top-notch hair restoration/plastic surgeon before you do that. Worst case after laser, you could use foundation to mask the discoloration and pitting. Most guys on this forum would kill for your head of hair, so using a little foundation would be a minor inconvenience. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Since21 said:

Not sure what can be done about discoloration and pitting. I don't know where you're located but I would recommend a consultation with someone like Dr. Konior or Dr. Nadimi because they also have a background in plastic surgery. You might also want to consult a reputable dermatologist in your area. Whatever you decide to do, you'll want to take a very considered approach because you don't want to make it worse. If you want to permanently get rid of the hair, then laser will do that. But again, talk to a dermatologist or a top-notch hair restoration/plastic surgeon before you do that. Worst case after laser, you could use foundation to mask the discoloration and pitting. Most guys on this forum would kill for your head of hair, so using a little foundation would be a minor inconvenience. 

Appreciate your detailed response, rly i do. I have spoken to Dr. Konior & yes i do want to get rid of the grafts. He said in order to do so they would have to do be excised and there wld be a tradeoff/risk of scarring. & if i was to get a corrective surgery he is currently booked until March 2020 :( Laser will kill the follicles and the grafts indeed, but I want to figure out what can be done to the skin first before I do so.

i do use foundation at the moment to cover the area, but it is still visible to be honest. I am thinking maybe a self tan cream to help correct the color of that area, something like this (attached below)

another option is possibly forehead reduction to cut that area of the skin, but I have seen pictures of the surgery and it looks scary & the thought of going through such a surgery looks scary, and usually after forehead reduction, there is a transplant along the hairline to cover the scar of the reduction. 

In conclusion, I am just searching for solutions to cover the scar tissue developed in that area and make it looks as natural as possible. Thanks again really for your response, i love you haha 😆 💞

58C6776D-CFCD-4E26-9F51-49B8BE25B864.jpeg

1 minute ago, in2deep said:

Appreciate your detailed response, rly i do. I have spoken to Dr. Konior & yes i do want to get rid of the grafts. He said in order to do so they would have to do be excised and there wld be a tradeoff/risk of scarring. & if i was to get a corrective surgery he is currently booked until March 2020 :( Laser will kill the follicles and the grafts indeed, but I want to figure out what can be done to the skin first before I do so.

i do use foundation at the moment to cover the area, but it is still visible to be honest. I am thinking maybe a self tan cream to help correct the color of that area, something like this (attached below)

another option is possibly forehead reduction to cut that area of the skin, but I have seen pictures of the surgery and it looks scary & the thought of going through such a surgery looks scary, and usually after forehead reduction, there is a transplant along the hairline to cover the scar of the reduction. 

In conclusion, I am just searching for solutions to cover the scar tissue developed in that area and make it looks as natural as possible. Thanks again really for your response, i love you haha 😆 💞

Well, you spoke to one of the best who also has a background in plastic surgery and got an honest response. Might want to consult with his partner, Dr. Nadimi. She also has a background in plastic surgery and isn't booked out as far in advance. I definitely wouldn't do the scalp reduction surgery. It's extreme and let's say you do recede in the future, then you have another scar to contend with. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Since21 said:

Well, you spoke to one of the best who also has a background in plastic surgery and got an honest response. Might want to consult with his partner, Dr. Nadimi. She also has a background in plastic surgery and isn't booked out as far in advance. I definitely wouldn't do the scalp reduction surgery. It's extreme and let's say you do recede in the future, then you have another scar to contend with. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond Since21. Okay i will look into speaking with Nadimi. 💞💞

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 4:39 PM, in2deep said:

I dont know what made me go for it at the age of 20. I just thought i was receding and ended up  wanting to correct my hair line a little, the sound of gettin a little more hairs in my hairline sounded appealing at the time.. i dont have any pre op pics to be honest other than this one. Also a footballer under the name of fabregas got one and it looked good so i kinda wanted the same. I was stupid

52D832BB-A63E-460F-8F55-0C16B8496BA6.jpeg

Fabregas result was ok to begin with but now he's having to brush his hair forward to give the illusion of density

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

2 hours ago, forgotpassword said:

Fabregas result was ok to begin with but now he's having to brush his hair forward to give the illusion of density

Yea its an alright result and he rly was balding and thats why he got a HT, i wasnt rly balding it was all in my head lol

AA6EF729-562A-42F0-9ADF-883A10532704.jpeg

D483D25C-7D17-4FB8-8F04-53DEE879F710.jpeg

IMO I would consult with good plastic surgeons. Which is beyond the scope of a lot of knowledge in this forum and/or not most hair transplant doctors specialty. Because you’re not really doing a hair transplant at this point. And the main thing is skin appearance. Nadimi, like others said seems like a good idea to start with or atleast discuss with. But I’d discuss with others.

Edited by here
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, here said:

IMO I would consult with good plastic surgeons. Which is beyond the scope of a lot of knowledge in this forum and/or not most hair transplant doctors specialty. Because you’re not really doing a hair transplant at this point. And the main thing is skin appearance. Nadimi, like others said seems like a good idea to start with or atleast discuss with. But I’d discuss with others.

Thank you!

On 1/1/2019 at 9:45 PM, Since21 said:

Since. You’ve had HT’s with Dr K correct? If i was to get someone to correct my transplant and give me a more natural hairline, would u recommend Dr K? He is booked until March 2020 and I have researched for a year on this site, can’t find anyone that does better jobs at HT’s than Dr K and he can help me repair mine. What do u think

12 minutes ago, in2deep said:

Since. You’ve had HT’s with Dr K correct? If i was to get someone to correct my transplant and give me a more natural hairline, would u recommend Dr K? He is booked until March 2020 and I have researched for a year on this site, can’t find anyone that does better jobs at HT’s than Dr K and he can help me repair mine. What do u think

I can't recommend him strongly enough. I think he creates some of the softest, most natural hairlines I've seen. I also admire Bisanga's hairline as well. Similar to Dr K's in their refinement. Between the two, for me it would come down to geography in relation to where I lived. That said, I can only comment on the experience I had with Dr. K, and you will like his hands-on approach. I don't think the guy ever sleeps. If you email him at 4am his time, it's not unusual to receive an immediate reply from him. He's incredibly responsive to all your questions and concerns. 

Edited by Since21
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Since21 said:

I can't recommend him strongly enough. I think he creates some of the softest, most natural hairlines I've seen. I also admire Bisanga's hairline as well. Similar to Dr K's in their refinement. Between the two, for me it would come down to geography in relation to where I lived. That said, I can only comment on the experience I had with Dr. K, and you will like his hands-on approach. I don't think the guy ever sleeps. If you email him at 4am his time, it's not unusual to receive an immediate reply from him. He's incredibly responsive to all your questions and concerns. 

Great respond since. You are a legend on this website. Thanks. Will look into these things

• Like 1