FUE - How Limited Is Our Donor Hair?

Hey guys,

Just yesterday, I visited a hair transplant surgeon in my country to check out the overall health of my scalp and native hairs, as well as to get her opinion on the progress of my transplant (done by another doctor in India). I was really delighted that she found it to be good work but was puzzled when she mentioned that the 2500 grafts surgery I had undergone was a rather large one, and that I should not undergo another procedure because I would risk depleting my donor (She estimated that I had roughly 1500 grafts left in my donor for FUE, and if I needed more, FUT would be the only way). From my experiences in trawling through patient results and clinic websites, 2500 grafts seems to be a moderate amount of grafts for the frontal third. Also, I have pretty darn thick donor hair (fat as fuck under those magnification tools) and simply find it incredulous that I have only such a limited amount of hairs left for FUE. Patients like JeanLDD undergo FUE sessions at 3k grafts each time with no problem, so being told this after going through only 1 session really confuses me.

I am intending to get a second procedure with the same doctor mainly to beef up the area behind the hairline that wasn't as densely packed and estimate that about 500-1000 grafts will be needed to accomplish this. Did the doctor just say I blew more than half my donor to restore my hairline or could this be a mistake? Could my very thick donor hairs be the reason why I have such a limited availability of donor?  

Thanks in advance.

Let me check my Chrystal ball... Ah no it is out if order. 

Sorry, but without pics what do you expect? If you clinic was a better one you should also have measurements of your density and hair diameter. With that you can calculate the amount of available grafts yourself. 

Some people do only have 4000 grafts available. Asians do tend to have a lower lifetime availability, but the caliber tends to be better. Without pics, who knows. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.