How unusual is it to get all your transplant hair growth between 6-12 months?

Unless your hair grew immediately after the transplant and shed around the 3 month mark, you should see sprouts coming in at the 3-4 months mark. The telogen phase of hair is about 3 months so there shouldn't be any reason why you aren't seeing sprouts at 6 months, unless it was like what I mentioned above. Seriously, talk to your doctor about this and consider making arrangements to salvage your situation. At 6 months, a good number of patients will have a majority of their hairs sprout, albeit still rather immature.

From your previous posts, it seems like you've blown a considerable amount of donor on your procedure. I understand that you're desperate for assurance now but practically speaking, you should start planning as if your transplant is a failed one if you want to not go crazy over it. Either a second transplant or try hair systems (I'm wearing a clip-on system to tide me over till my transplanted hairs gain length, and it's phenomenal bruh).

I feel your pain brother.

1 hour ago, Leftwithrope said:

Unless your hair grew immediately after the transplant and shed around the 3 month mark, you should see sprouts coming in at the 3-4 months mark. The telogen phase of hair is about 3 months so there shouldn't be any reason why you aren't seeing sprouts at 6 months, unless it was like what I mentioned above. Seriously, talk to your doctor about this and consider making arrangements to salvage your situation. At 6 months, a good number of patients will have a majority of their hairs sprout, albeit still rather immature.

From your previous posts, it seems like you've blown a considerable amount of donor on your procedure. I understand that you're desperate for assurance now but practically speaking, you should start planning as if your transplant is a failed one if you want to not go crazy over it. Either a second transplant or try hair systems (I'm wearing a clip-on system to tide me over till my transplanted hairs gain length, and it's phenomenal bruh).

I feel your pain brother.

so I had a near 0% yield surgery on 12000 hairs from a doctor who promised me his typical yield on grafts is like 98%

tenor.gif

Do I sue him or what do I do? The last thing on face of the earth I want to do is another surgery and especially another surgery with him. Doctor Richard Keller in deerfield.

Edited by AnalogFeel

25 minutes ago, AnalogFeel said:

so I had a near 0% yield surgery on 12000 hairs from a doctor who promised me his typical yield on grafts is like 98%

tenor.gif

Do I sue him or what do I do? The last thing on face of the earth I want to do is another surgery and especially another surgery with him. Doctor Richard Keller in deerfield.

Get bloodwork done to figure out if it's an issue with your body. It's not impossible that it's an issue of surgical skill, but if it's as bad as you said, then I'm highly inclined to think that it's not entirely his fault. Give it a month or two maximum and then the issue persists, you can consider more drastic measures.

1 minute ago, Leftwithrope said:

Get bloodwork done to figure out if it's an issue with your body. It's not impossible that it's an issue of surgical skill, but if it's as bad as you said, then I'm highly inclined to think that it's not entirely his fault. Give it a month or two maximum and then the issue persists, you can consider more drastic measures.

bloodwork? I go to gym 6 days week and am healthy as a fukking bull. Zero history of any diseases in my family also

9 minutes ago, AnalogFeel said:

bloodwork? I go to gym 6 days week and am healthy as a fukking bull. Zero history of any diseases in my family also

Lmfao. I'm Asian and didn't start balding until I started weightlifting and going on bulk/cut cycles. I completely stopped shedding after I ended a pretty horrific cut cycle and my hair haa been the same then. It doesn't mean jackshit if you bench 2x bw in the gym bruh. Increasing PRs every week while being on a cut was a huge stressor on my body and I can see why it could have hastened the onset of MPB. If you want to confront your doctor about your issue, it's best if you have data to show you're healthy, no? Relatively inexpensive and potentially helpful, so why not?

10 minutes ago, Leftwithrope said:

Lmfao. I'm Asian and didn't start balding until I started weightlifting and going on bulk/cut cycles. I completely stopped shedding after I ended a pretty horrific cut cycle and my hair haa been the same then. It doesn't mean jackshit if you bench 2x bw in the gym bruh. Increasing PRs every week while being on a cut was a huge stressor on my body and I can see why it could have hastened the onset of MPB. If you want to confront your doctor about your issue, it's best if you have data to show you're healthy, no? Relatively inexpensive and potentially helpful, so why not?

let me ask you this. I think im seeing some growth in front of hairline. Is it normal for crown to take so much longer?

4 minutes ago, AnalogFeel said:

let me ask you this. I think im seeing some growth in front of hairline. Is it normal for crown to take so much longer?

I don't have balding in my crown, so I don't know. Most patients and doctors agree that the crown grows later than the frontal areas though.

If you intend to sue the doctor, you will need to make the case that he did something wrong.  A poor result if his other patients have adequate results is not very convincing.   A judge or jury would probably just shrug.   Tough break. 

10 minutes ago, SBSinNYC said:

If you intend to sue the doctor, you will need to make the case that he did something wrong.  A poor result if his other patients have adequate results is not very convincing.   A judge or jury would probably just shrug.   Tough break. 

he put 3500 hairs in my fucking crown. Even 50% yield in crown should make a huge difference considering thickness of my hair texture

50% yield is absolutely terrible

3 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

bump

Dude, talking to your doctor is the only thing that will give you any semblance of a peace of mind right now. Any helpful advice has been rehashed and repeated in other threads, so please send an email or make a call to his office.

Edited by Leftwithrope

19 hours ago, MohanSingh said:

Usually it takes around 3-4 months for hair growth after hair transplant. But every person is different from one other so in some rare case it may take more than 4 months. there's nothing to be worry about.

have you ever seen any surgeries with a non existent yield like this?