What do you guys think about the consultation?

I am looking to have a FUE in a couple of months and consulted with Dr. Yaman, Dr Acar so far and am yet to be replied by a few other doctors. What do you guys make of the consultations below?

Which seems to be more accurate? P.S I shaved my head so its just growing back. Also including a picture before i shaved. Also i just started on topical finasteride and minoxidil 1  month ago.

Consultation 1: 

See pictures below; did not know how to attach in text

Consultation 2: 

Thank you for your enquiry and all the information you provided. 

Based on Dr. K.’s estimations, possible treatment options for your case are as follows: 

1 - 5000-6000 hair could be extracted and transplanted with FUE technique.
*Our pricing is based on session - not any graft/hair number - in which we think we do the best treatment for the patient in one given session. However we use hair number instead of graft number as a reference for quantification. Because hair number shows coverage; graft number shows scarring. What matters in hair transplantation is to be able to extract maximum hair from minimum grafts. 5000 hair is around 2000-5000 grafts. In the procedures that are performed in Turkey, 5000 grafts are 5000 hair on average and our average is 2000 grafts for 5000 hair. The average in Turkey is 1, and our average is around 2.5.

A

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

• Administrators

3,500 seems reasonable for the front, I wouldn’t try and do the front and crown at the same time. Honestly, 1,000 grafts in the crown isn’t going to make a significant difference. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would not trust a clinic who writes such a nonsense like this 1 to 1 hair to graft ratio. Please give some more background about yourself. The hairline on the pictures appears quite aggressive if I guess your age correct. 

Anyway, I recommend to look further and meet face to face with some recommended clinic. 

• Like 1

"5000 grafts are 5000 hair on average and our average is 2000 grafts for 5000 hair. The average in Turkey is 1, and our average is around 2.5."

The average in my experience is approx. 2.2 hairs per scalp graft.

The statement implies that the other clinics in Turkey have approx. only a 50% graft survival rate whereas this clinic has a near on 100% graft survival.

A 50% survival rate means half your grafts you pay for are wasted, you think your are getting a good deal when you sign up though and you may well be one of the lucky ones but do you really want to take that chance?

Try to research each clinic and doctor thoroughly before you consider parting with your hard earned cash. Independent reviews across different hair forums are always a good start.

I would say 3500 grafts should give you a great transformation if done properly.

Edited by Shera

@Gasthoerer Yeah, that per hair thing seemed fishy. I am waiting on some more consultations and going to be walking to a local one just so that they can asses my donor and recipient area. Also i will not use an aggressive hairline and wont bring it down. Will be happy with maintaining the current hairline.

What do you think of the donor area?

My background: I started loosing my hair around 19. Right now i am at 27. The hair loss stabilized around a couple of years ago. Never used any medications except for supplements but recently started topical finasteride and minoxidil a month ago. Not a smoker and workout regularly.

Edited by dilbert1191

• 4 weeks later...

I think 3500 grafts in the front is reasonable.

Would suggest using oral finasteride and toppik/dermmatch for the crown rather than putting grafts there yet as you still have enough hair where you may not need to shove grafts there yet (and it's the least important place to have grafts, relatively).

Looking at the hairline again, I think the planning is to aggressive (even though it is hard to judge). 

You are a very difficult case, and one mistake can f.ck up your life. There is no other way than to have some personal consultations with some of the top clinics. You should also consider FUT and visit clinics who offer both. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, dilbert1191 said:

@Melvin-Moderator Melvin, do you think i have the retrograde/DUPA as well? I have been reading about it and was trying to figure out if i had it. 

I went through some other cases who had successful HT's with lesser denser hair than mine is. 

It’s hard to say with the pictures you posted, but it doesn’t seem likely.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, dilbert1191 said:

@gillenator Do you think the donor area is DHT receptive? Would like your opinion as well.

No Dilbert, from the pics, it does not appear that your donor is DHT receptive IMHO.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Would it be possible to do it in 2-3 separate days after one another, like thursday and friday. I mean just to "get it done" in essentially one go with one healing process and not having to take too much time of work. 3000 grafts the first day and 2000-3000 grafts the second. Or is that not recommended for some reason?

On 12/30/2018 at 7:37 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

3,500 seems reasonable for the front, I wouldn’t try and do the front and crown at the same time. Honestly, 1,000 grafts in the crown isn’t going to make a significant difference. 

Edited by Kiio

IMHO, it's better to do the 5,000 in 2 separate sessions but with at least 6 months or more apart...it's less trauma on the scalp and from my observations, produces a better overall yield in the end.

• Like 2

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

18 hours ago, gillenator said:

IMHO, it's better to do the 5,000 in 2 separate sessions but with at least 6 months or more apart...it's less trauma on the scalp and from my observations, produces a better overall yield in the end.

Agree with Gill.

Imo more frequent, smaller procedures are better for recovery time and to also mitigate risk of poor yield from any one procedure.

• Like 1

3500 grafts can go a long way if done correctly.  Ive seen results with 3000 grafts in a frontal area like yours come out great if the right surgical protocol is followed and utter care is taken to reduce and minimize risks.  Ive also seen 3000 grafts placed in area of recession far less then Yours and looks like a wreck right now.  Since this surgery is risky, and doctors may pull aomething out of their ass as to what caused a shit result, it may be a good idea to get a small 20 graft session to see what the doctor you like is capable of on your scalp if they do a very large procedure.  At the end of the day, you do not want to be out of priceless grafts or lots of money if something does not go as planned.  You do not want to be a repair patient and you definitely do not want to suffer.  You definitely do not want to be lied to either.  

Best of luck and i wish you a successful surgery Dilbert

Edited by Sean

On 2/5/2019 at 3:43 PM, gillenator said:

Gill, i am planning to do around 3k-3.5k grafts in the first iteration and evaluate the result. That seems to be a smart thing to do. Thanks for the response.

You're welcome Dilbert and best wishes to you on your upcoming procedure...;)

Gillenator