Nizoral Shampoo For Hair Loss

• Administrators

How many of you guys use Nizoral? If so how many times per week? And what benefits if any have you guys noticed? I'd love to hear the communities input.

Nizoral Shampoo For Hair Loss

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

After using it pretty much every which way possible for over 20yrs my personal opinion is the stuff junk waste of time and money does nothing to prevent or slow hair loss and its not even good at what its actually marketed for  Dandruff.

Edited by Markee

The studies for hair loss done on nizoral used the 2% anywhere from 2-4 times a week. The one study that used 1% had participants use it 2-3 times per week.

knowing what I know now, and how harsh it can be (especially the 2%) I’d use it max 2x a week. The 1% isn’t as drying as the 2% so you might be able to get away with using it more often but I’d still be cautious.

nizoral even put a claim on their site that said the medicine still remains at therapeutic levels in the scalp for 3 days following use.

• Administrators

This is awesome guys thanks for the input. Anyone else wanna share some thoughts?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

When I was younger my head and hair was so oily that my head was oily and greasy just a few hours after washing it. I had to wash my hair twice per day. I began using Nizoral shampoo every day and used it as my only shampoo for a couple of years. It did help with the oilyness and probably had a minor effect on my hairloss too.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Have used it but really don't think it does much on it's own to be honest. As an adjunct treatment alongside finasteride, it may provide a little extra in terms of inhibiting DHT however even then, not convinced it does enough to warrant being a serious treatment in the fight against hairloss. 

• 1 year later...

So here is my observation :

I have been using Propecia and Minoxidil for over 10 years and it did what it did.

For last 4 months I started using Nizoral or a 2% Ketacanzole + Salicylic Acid shampoo. I can swear to god that my density is improving, and also mini-hair

are sprouting along the recessed temporal regions. Some family members and my hair stylist have commented on how much better my hair has become.

I have been on this forum for 20 years and consider myself quite knowledgeable on transplants, meds, etc, and I now wish I had started this shampoo yers

ago.

There is no doubt about the benefits in my mind. Perhaps next to Propecia its the best thing for hair. Only downside is the drying of the scalp and I have started

using coconut oil for that, and that helps.

• Thanks 1

I think it caused me some shedding but for a while it made my hair thick as hell, that was years ago so might give it another try

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

On 11/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, rocketmas said:

So here is my observation :

I have been using Propecia and Minoxidil for over 10 years and it did what it did.

For last 4 months I started using Nizoral or a 2% Ketacanzole + Salicylic Acid shampoo. I can swear to god that my density is improving, and also mini-hair

are sprouting along the recessed temporal regions. Some family members and my hair stylist have commented on how much better my hair has become.

I have been on this forum for 20 years and consider myself quite knowledgeable on transplants, meds, etc, and I now wish I had started this shampoo yers

ago.

Currently having this after 1 month of dermarolling and switching to topical fin and minox combo. New hairs sprouting all over, hair feels thicker, looks better.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Jake1979 said:

Hi guys, I'm thinking of starting Nizoral shampoo 2%, does anyone know if you would experience "shock loss" after discontinuing use of shampoo, similar to finasteride and minoxidil discontinuation?

Yes it can definitely make things worse if you overuse it.

4 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Hi Jake , i highly doubt it but sure there’s someone out there that will say otherwise.

Hey Kraistoff, thanks man, I appreciate it! I'll probably give it a go, at this point I dont have too much left to lose...literally and figuratively LOL