How many of you guys use Nizoral? If so how many times per week? And what benefits if any have you guys noticed? I'd love to hear the communities input.

Nizoral Shampoo For Hair Loss

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

After using it pretty much every which way possible for over 20yrs my personal opinion is the stuff junk waste of time and money does nothing to prevent or slow hair loss and its not even good at what its actually marketed for  Dandruff.

Edited by Markee

I used to use Nizoral 2% but I could only really use it 2 times per week and even then it would dry my scalp and hair out.  I preferred using Revita shampoo which only contained 1% ketoconazole but it was much softer and gentler on the hair and scalp.

Best wishes,

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I use it 2-3x a week... it's the first thing I lather in when I hop in the shower and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Honestly I haven't really noticed any difference but the science/placebo effect makes me feel slightly better about using it

The studies for hair loss done on nizoral used the 2% anywhere from 2-4 times a week. The one study that used 1% had participants use it 2-3 times per week.

knowing what I know now, and how harsh it can be (especially the 2%) I’d use it max 2x a week. The 1% isn’t as drying as the 2% so you might be able to get away with using it more often but I’d still be cautious.

nizoral even put a claim on their site that said the medicine still remains at therapeutic levels in the scalp for 3 days following use.

This is awesome guys thanks for the input. Anyone else wanna share some thoughts?

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.