7892 grafts for advanced baldness by Dr Sethi &Dr Bansal, DHT(Advanced FUE), BHT

A 45 years old hotelier with advanced grade of baldness approached us for a look change hair restoration along with his hotelier friend. Both of them had the expectations of complete coverage of the bald scalp. The index patient had a big size scalp to be covered. Our experience revealed that he needs close to 10,000 odd grafts for a complete job. We started with covering the front, mid and the anterior part of the crown area. Close to 7890 grafts were planted (from both scalp and beard) over 3 consecutive days. He was informed that the crown would be done later. We had to ensure that the scalp donor does not look over harvesrted and uncosmetic. Also we had to be sure about the final outcome of the beard area. Fortunately, being a hotelier he never  wanted to have a beard! Moreover he wanted to cover the baldscalp with hair, which was a long standing wish. The hair started growing by 2-3 months and by 10 months he felt like a new man with hair and renewed confidence and grew moustache as a sign of royal confidence! He has become a very dear friend and wants to share his story with all.

Please witness his story in his own words: 

The following link shows some more results of advanced grade of baldness at Eugenix with Dr Pradeep Sethi and Dr Arika Bansal.

Slide1.GIF

Slide2.GIF

Slide3.GIF

Slide4.GIF

Slide5.GIF

Slide6.GIF

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

• Moderators

This looks great. It's a major change. Are you still planning on putting more into his crown? I'd say other 1500 into the crown and 500 to add a bit of density to some spots in the front and mid scalp and this gentleman will have a completely full head of hair and be just about at the 10,000 grafts that you originally estimated. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Dr Bansal, first of all, that's for posting this. The video+pics were awesome.

But I have a couple of questions:

Why name a clinic Eugenix? Surely you do realize what Eugenics (It's derivative?) actually means...? It's a weird choice of name and arguably offensive, so what was the logic behind that?

On a more serious note, Is taking beard grafts common in your practice? I noticed you took a large number of beard grafts from that Indian gentleman above (3592 grafts). It was my understanding that darker skin can scar much easier when beard grafts are extracted. How do you manage/prevennt this?

Perhaps a picture of this gentleman lifting his chin to show a clean shaven neck can help show scars or lack thereof?

Thanks.

Edited by Corbinite

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

This looks great. It's a major change. Are you still planning on putting more into his crown? I'd say other 1500 into the crown and 500 to add a bit of density to some spots in the front and mid scalp and this gentleman will have a completely full head of hair and be just about at the 10,000 grafts that you originally estimated. 

Thank you for your appreciation. Yes, we are on. He is getting the rest area covered in next one month. You are right that he should fill some areas which look lesser. But, some times the hair look clumped and they appear less where as they are not. In this case the front is very good in density as planted and planned.

1 hour ago, Corbinite said:

Dr Bansal, first of all, that's for posting this. The video+pics were awesome.

But I have a couple of questions:

Why name a clinic Eugenix? Surely you do realize what Eugenics (It's derivative?) actually means...? It's a weird choice of name and arguably offensive, so what was the logic behind that?

On a more serious note, Is taking beard grafts common in your practice? I noticed you took a large number of beard grafts from that Indian gentleman above (3592 grafts). It was my understanding that darker skin can scar much easier when beard grafts are extracted. How do you manage/prevennt this?

Perhaps a picture of this gentleman lifting his chin to show a clean shaven neck can help show scars or lack thereof?

Thanks.

Thank you for watching the videos and going through the post and appreciating it. 

A) Why name Eugenix (derivative of Eugenics):

Definition of Eugenics: 

"Eugenics is a movement that is aimed at improving the genetic composition of the human race. Historically, eugenicists advocated selective breeding to achieve these goals."

So, for the above reason we kept this name which is relevant to our work, in which we believed that we will do something exemplary for others.

B) Yes, taking beard grafts is very common to us. Without the use of beard grafts we can not think of covring large  areas. Please find the pics of the before and after of the beard area to discern the scars on the face.

sunil 1.jpg

Sunil 2.jpg

Edited by Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal

Nice on the beard extraction. Are you able to take beard grafts from the sides and the beard on the face + mustache as well? Or do you strictly keep beard extractions from the neck/under the chin area?

Edited by Corbinite

7 hours ago, Corbinite said:

Nice on the beard extraction. Are you able to take beard grafts from the sides and the beard on the face + mustache as well? Or do you strictly keep beard extractions from the neck/under the chin area?

We do take from the sides and the cheeks whenever it is required. The lunch sizes are small and super sharp. In one patient we have taken from moustache, there we have done up to 16,500 grafts. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal said:

We do take from the sides and the cheeks whenever it is required. The lunch sizes are small and super sharp. In one patient we have taken from moustache, there we have done up to 16,500 grafts. 

Oh my god, 16,500 in total or specifically from facial hair area?

How small are the punch sizes?

Have you harvested body hair? Chest or legs? I'm specifically interested in legs to add a little bit of density in sparse areas.

What is the general graft survival rate for these BHT grafts?

Edited by Corbinite

On 12/29/2018 at 10:17 AM, Corbinite said:

Oh my god, 16,500 in total or specifically from facial hair area?

How small are the punch sizes?

Have you harvested body hair? Chest or legs? I'm specifically interested in legs to add a little bit of density in sparse areas.

What is the general graft survival rate for these BHT grafts?

Punches are of 0.75 to 0.8 mm sizes.

We have enough experiences of chest and other body parts. But they dont show up! We dont trust body hair other than beard.

Beard grafts are ther best type of body hair. Rest are unreliable.

• Like 1