Hairtransplant advice needed from experienced members - pictures/current medication included

Hello,

Long story, started losing my hair on my hairline and temples when i was 19, i am now 31. I have been on propecia (1mg), nizoral 2% and RU58441 for 5 months now. I am looking to restore my temples and hairline, i would like any advice on potential surgeons that have a good record in this area. I am from the UK - so looking in Europe.

Pictures below are with wet hair, trying to get a picture of where i am. 

Thank you for any help or advice, 

Adam

adam hairline 2.jpg

adam hairline 3.jpg

adam hairline 5.jpg

adam hairline 6.jpg

Edited by Adam87

• Moderators

Your hair looks fine. Everyone's hair looks thinner when wet. A hair transplant is not going to change that. There have been too many posters on here who had decent hair and get 2000 to 3000 grafts to fill in the corners and then complain that the transplant looks unnatural, the individual hairs are too thick and coarse, and it still looks thin when it's wet anyway. Then they want to "fix" it so they can go back to what they had. Don't be one of those people.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Wet hair doesn't flatter many of us. However even when wet, your hair looks great. If you want to send some pics of dry hair for a better opinion go for it however based on these and at 31 years old I'd be delighted. Advice: go enjoy life and get off these sites!!

• Like 1

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

Hello everyone, thanks for your opinions and the advice. 

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Your hair looks fine. Everyone's hair looks thinner when wet. A hair transplant is not going to change that. There have been too many posters on here who had decent hair and get 2000 to 3000 grafts to fill in the corners and then complain that the transplant looks unnatural, the individual hairs are too thick and coarse, and it still looks thin when it's wet anyway. Then they want to "fix" it so they can go back to what they had. Don't be one of those people.

I do agree with this to an extent, i think some people want that perfect hairline that you can tell doesn't suit their face and doesn't look natural. I wont make that mistake if i eventually do get a transplant, i will not be tempted into further down means better. I will show you a better picture on the side that is alot worse than the other without the wetness. 

It is cutting back quite a bit in my temple region, that hair is thinning or shedding currently. I i will give all the medications another 6 months, as i know they can take quite a while to work for many people, sometimes even longer than a year. 

52 minutes ago, forgotpassword said:

Wet hair doesn't flatter many of us. However even when wet, your hair looks great. If you want to send some pics of dry hair for a better opinion go for it however based on these and at 31 years old I'd be delighted. Advice: go enjoy life and get off these sites!!

Just put some pictures up. Might be able to see the hairloss in the temples better, once that weak hair that has been combed down sheds, then i might do something. 

adam hairloss non wet.jpg

adam hairloss non wet 2.jpg

Yes, it is proving a stressful time, but i dont think its all doom and gloom just yet, its 3 of 5 to go down. 

Regarding asmed, is their reputation justified? I know their will be bad results for every clinic that are out of surgeons hands, but is asmed a solid choice to consider in the future? 

Many thanks and i hope liverpool do win the league this year. 

5 hours ago, forgotpassword said:

not to sound like an ass but maybe start supporting Liverpool instead of Fulham :P those relegation battles can cause hair loss 

Yes, it is proving a stressful time, but i dont think its all doom and gloom just yet, its 3 of 5 to go down. 

Regarding asmed, is their reputation justified? I know their will be bad results for every clinic that are out of surgeons hands, but is asmed a solid choice to consider in the future? 

Many thanks and i hope liverpool do win the league this year. 

Hi Adam,

You don't need a hair transplant and as mentioned earlier you will likely regret having one with your hair currently in such great shape.

Carry on with the meds by all means, but try to forget about any balding issues, you have nothing to be concerned about.

Definitely not bad enough to warrant having surgery.  What you have is effectively what patients dream to have as a result.

Just put the money away and reassess at age 35.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 12/27/2018 at 10:29 PM, Shera said:

Hi Adam,

You don't need a hair transplant and as mentioned earlier you will likely regret having one with your hair currently in such great shape.

Carry on with the meds by all means, but try to forget about any balding issues, you have nothing to be concerned about.

Thank you for the response, in the years to come would you recommend asmed as a solid choice to start from? Mnay thanks

On 12/27/2018 at 10:38 PM, 1978matt said:

Definitely not bad enough to warrant having surgery.  What you have is effectively what patients dream to have as a result.

Just put the money away and reassess at age 35.

Thank you for your advice, which surgeons in europe for the future would you recommend i check out, i just want to keep a list. 

3 hours ago, Adam87 said:

Thank you for the response, in the years to come would you recommend asmed as a solid choice to start from? Mnay thanks

If you wish to stay within Europe and the surrounding areas then Asmed is always a good option.

Check out the link below for recommended surgeons.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-loss-doctors.asp

Hey man,

Your hair looks great for your age, if I were in your shoes I wouldn’t go for any procedure just yet (wait a few years to see how thinning has progressed if any), I’d stick to the medication and shampoo for at least another 6-months see how you improve, I’d also not tie up my hair in pony tails or man buns given that it is possible for hair loss from traction or tightness.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:44 PM, VicTNYC said:

Hey man,

Your hair looks great for your age, if I were in your shoes I wouldn’t go for any procedure just yet (wait a few years to see how thinning has progressed if any), I’d stick to the medication and shampoo for at least another 6-months see how you improve, I’d also not tie up my hair in pony tails or man buns given that it is possible for hair loss from traction or tightness.

Thanks for the advice, i actually do not tie my hair up with any bun, it shows off the hairline/ high temple loss and its not a good look, i only did this as you can truly see my hairline in this style, i will stick with the meds for another few months and see what happens. Thanks. 

On 12/31/2018 at 1:20 PM, Shera said:

If you wish to stay within Europe and the surrounding areas then Asmed is always a good option.

Check out the link below for recommended surgeons.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-loss-doctors.asp

Thanks for the link, i am from the UK - London to be exact, but have always like the look of asmed. I wish there was someone with their quality in the UK. 

7 minutes ago, Adam87 said:

Thanks for the advice, i actually do not tie my hair up with any bun, it shows off the hairline/ high temple loss and its not a good look, i only did this as you can truly see my hairline in this style, i will stick with the meds for another few months and see what happens. Thanks. 

Ah gotcha, I see. 👍

On 27 December 2018 at 3:48 PM, forgotpassword said:

not to sound like an ass but maybe start supporting Liverpool instead of Fulham :P those relegation battles can cause hair loss 

If you think that's stressful, try being a life-long Leeds Utd fan. I'm surprised I've got any hair left after the last fifteen years:D

Adam87, as most have already said, your hair looks great and is the envy of most people on here. You don't need a transplant at this point.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, Pete-from-Farjo said:

If you think that's stressful, try being a life-long Leeds Utd fan. I'm surprised I've got any hair left after the last fifteen years:D

Adam87, as most have already said, your hair looks great and is the envy of most people on here. You don't need a transplant at this point.

Haha, yes, the three most admired fans i respect in the country are Everton, Newcastle and Leeds. There is loyalty and then there are these fans. I look forward to the day when Leeds take their rightful place back in the premier league, hopefully it will be this season. I am not too stressed about fulham, we probably are a championship club in terms of size, its more sadness that stress, we have brought terribly and there are big issues behind the scenes which have caused our downfall, but going up at wembley last season and being there will never be topped. 

Thanks for your opinion, the only way i will get a transplant soon is if i can stop the hairloss in its track. I am currently on 1mg of propecia a day, 5% RU58841 once a day with minoxidil. I am in month 5 of this routine now, i am hoping by the summer of this year i will see some progress. But i agree with the statement below that if you cannot stop you hairloss you will look silly, as it will continue further back. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2019 at 6:16 PM, John Baris said:

I think you shouldn't do anything about your hair, because your hair loss will progress in time anyway. If you get hair transplants now, after a couple of years you will need a second operation. And probably, a third one will follow. If you do it now, you are going to get 2000 grafts operation. And after a few years, you will get another 2000-3000. And then, if your hair loss gets to Norwood 6-7, you will another 2,000-3,000 and you won't have enough implants for the surgery. You will end up looking bad because you won't have hair at the back of your head and that means you will have to shave your head. All the time and money you spent will be wasted. I see so many cases where patients don't care about this information, do it anyways and after years they say, you were right, Me being right can't fix it, but it can help you. Here is the article I explained it in detail and I hope it can help you.

I agree with your way of thinking, that is why i am desperately trying to halt the hairloss, i doubt i will get any regrowth from he current medication, i just want to halt everything, i am only into month 5 of propecia, monoxidil and RU55841. So i am hoping by 12 months i iwll see a halt to it permanently, but we will see. Otherwise i might have to lose some more before i can get one, which is not my first choice but i understand the issue behind it. Thanks for the information and your opinion. I do not know how the medication works for others...have many people being successful at halting hairloss with medication?

22 hours ago, Adam87 said:

Haha, yes, the three most admired fans i respect in the country are Everton, Newcastle and Leeds. There is loyalty and then there are these fans. I look forward to the day when Leeds take their rightful place back in the premier league, hopefully it will be this season. I am not too stressed about fulham, we probably are a championship club in terms of size, its more sadness that stress, we have brought terribly and there are big issues behind the scenes which have caused our downfall, but going up at wembley last season and being there will never be topped. 

Thanks for your opinion, the only way i will get a transplant soon is if i can stop the hairloss in its track. I am currently on 1mg of propecia a day, 5% RU58841 once a day with minoxidil. I am in month 5 of this routine now, i am hoping by the summer of this year i will see some progress. But i agree with the statement below that if you cannot stop you hairloss you will look silly, as it will continue further back. 

I had a season ticket when Leeds won the old First Division 1991/92 (season before Premier League started), so at least I've seen my team win something. The teenage fans and even those in their 20's and 30's have never seen Leeds win anything. Ridiculous really for a club with our history. Mostly down to years of mismanagement and dodgy owners. Agree with you on Newcastle - those fans have really had it tough. Hopefully Ashley sells and they get a decent owner in. All the best to Fulham, hope you stay up, and that Huddersfield get relegated so Leeds regain their rightful place as Yorkshire's top team:D

Anyway, back to hair! - Hope the meds work well for you and keep us posted.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.