Look at my horrible Hair Transplant - Is there any way to fix it?

13 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Normally you are right, but: 1300 (!) FU Strip considering the age of this patient is not state of the art: Either it is to less hair for this area anyway, and also to small of a case to have a strip OR it is just to few grafts for the area covered AND for a strip. Either way it is not state-of-the-art work. Not having pictures pre-, intra- and post op by the clinic is just the icing of the cake. 

I would be very (!) surprised if there is a great explanation of the clinic. 

You are just guessing. He had the surgery 3 years ago and could have had more hair back then.

And maybe he was unwilling or unable to shave his head for fue or not concerned about the scar.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Yes, it is a guess, but an educated one. Considering the age, hair status and his clinic it is a high probability to be bad work. No pics is just one more hint. He could have a non or partly shaven FUE in case shaving was the issue, which I doubt looking at his status. 

14 hours ago, davebot8888 said:

Thanks for the comments.

Do you think just strengthening the hairline with more 1200 grafts would work, or does it need a bit of making it look a bit more jagged or something?

I think just strengthening will work, many natural hairlines are straight as well as jagged. As long as it is soft it will, in my opinion be OK.

• Like 1

@davebot8888 hey buddy, the issue with your hairline is the transition zone. You need to vary the density. See attached. It should look irregular but take on more density further back, a gradual transition. It's a common mistake with amateur doctors.  Sadly I'm seeing more of it lately.

Ask your doc for micro-irregularity, this is the irregularity you notice up close. What a lot of guys here are referring to as imperfect regularity. And what prevents too straight or solid -looking hairline. You'll notice a big improvement here. Macro irregularity, this is the irregularity you notice from a distance. The subtle curve of the hairline. Not so much an issue in your case.

Hope this helps. Forgive the quick and dirty illustration 🙂 Just make sure you go the doctor who specializes in hairline design. Not just hair transplant Dr. if you know what I mean. Any questions let me know, good luck man.

2018-12-28_1552.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HairLossMentor said:

@davebot8888 hey buddy, the issue with your hairline is the transition zone. You need to vary the density. See attached. It should look irregular but take on more density further back, a gradual transition. It's a common mistake with amateur doctors.  Sadly I'm seeing more of it lately.

Ask your doc for micro-irregularity, this is the irregularity you notice up close. What a lot of guys here are referring to as imperfect regularity. And what prevents too straight or solid -looking hairline. You'll notice a big improvement here. Macro irregularity, this is the irregularity you notice from a distance. The subtle curve of the hairline. Not so much an issue in your case.

Hope this helps. Forgive the quick and dirty illustration 🙂 Just make sure you go the doctor who specializes in hairline design. Not just hair transplant Dr. if you know what I mean. Any questions let me know, good luck man.

2018-12-28_1552.png

Thanks for your post, it's really helpful.

One question I have is this: Is there a surgeon that you would recommend for a case like mine?

@davebot8888 the only two doctors I would ever consider for hairline work are Dr. Rahal and Dr. Ron Shapiro.  Especially for hairline refinement. Keep in mind Dr. Rahal restored my hairline. I don't see Dr. Ron Shapiro talked about on the forms much. But he's a legend. I'm watching a couple of other doctors who have potential, but I'm seeing some rookie mistakes like with your transplant. Whoever you go with. Just make sure they specialize in hairlines. A monkey can increase the density. That's not a problem. Its the details that matter in your case. And I'm sure half the doctors performing hair transplants today, I'm talking about the part-time hair transplant hacks, don't even know about micro-/macro irregularity.

Good news is this is fixable man. Just choose your doc wisely. You have one more shot to get this right. Not trying to be negative. Just make sure to put a lot of thought in your decision, okay 🙂 I'm a repair patient myself and get what you're going through. Free anytime if you have questions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HairLossMentor said:

@davebot8888 the only two doctors I would ever consider for hairline work are Dr. Rahal and Dr. Ron Shapiro.  Especially for hairline refinement. Keep in mind Dr. Rahal restored my hairline. I don't see Dr. Ron Shapiro talked about on the forms much. But he's a legend. I'm watching a couple of other doctors who have potential, but I'm seeing some rookie mistakes like with your transplant. Whoever you go with. Just make sure they specialize in hairlines. A monkey can increase the density. That's not a problem. Its the details that matter in your case. And I'm sure half the doctors performing hair transplants today, I'm talking about the part-time hair transplant hacks, don't even know about micro-/macro irregularity.

Good news is this is fixable man. Just choose your doc wisely. You have one more shot to get this right. Not trying to be negative. Just make sure to put a lot of thought in your decision, okay 🙂 I'm a repair patient myself and get what you're going through. Free anytime if you have questions.

Thanks heaps for your advice and honesty!

• 1 year later...