2,300 grafts FUE w/ Dr. Nader

DconlonGutz

I agree. Looks like more than 2,300.  To that end though even if 3000 were done over such a large area, please have realistic expectations. It will be an improvement for sure, but nowhere near a full head of hair over the balding area. Dr. N is a good guy and might have thrown an extra 1000 in without telling you from the looks of it though. Maybe a Christmas resent. 

4 hours ago, txtransplant said:

I agree. Looks like more than 2,300.  To that end though even if 3000 were done over such a large area, please have realistic expectations. It will be an improvement for sure, but nowhere near a full head of hair over the balding area. Dr. N is a good guy and might have thrown an extra 1000 in without telling you from the looks of it though. Maybe a Christmas resent. 

It is possible you are right, however, I only paid for 2,300.  Below is the breakdown sheet that the Dr. prepared. 

IMG_3312.jpg

4 hours ago, txtransplant said:

On 12/23/2018 at 8:36 AM, VicTNYC said:

Hey man, looks good and well packed, although, to be honest it looks from your photos like much more than 2,300 grafts for such a large area covered, is 2,300 true?

It is possible you are right, however, I only paid for 2,300.  Below is the breakdown sheet that the Dr. prepared. 

IMG_3312.jpg

18 hours ago, DconlonGutz said:

IMG_3312.jpg

If that’s the case then hopefully you get good coverage in your results. 👍

• 1 month later...

I am nearly two months post op. at this point.  Never experienced any shedding. Numbness in the transplant area disappeared on my 3rd week post op. I'm disappointed with the growth.  Some hairs have grown pretty long, but are still thin.  Overall, I have not experienced much growth after the 4th week post op.  Any thoughts on what to expect from here?

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

This is completely normal at two months. Most transplanted hairs have shed. You shouldn’t be judging any results yet. New hairs should start coming in at 3+ months which will take at least until the 12th month to mature. 

Patience is your best bet!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 8:08 AM, mrknid said:

This is completely normal at two months. Most transplanted hairs have shed. You shouldn’t be judging any results yet. New hairs should start coming in at 3+ months which will take at least until the 12th month to mature. 

Patience is your best bet!

Thank you @mrknid ! I appreciate the encouragement.  I never really understood what is meant by "shedding."  I've read people refer to pimples on their head and redness as "shedding" but I have not experienced any of that - so far, at least.  Should I expect the rest of the transplanted hairs to shed (or fall) as well?  I agreed with you that some of the transplanted hairs have fallen because they appeared to be thicker at 1-month post-op. 

You shed tons of hairs. Looks like nearly all of your transplanted hairs fell out. So kind of shocking to hear you say you didn't shed when it is obvious by the pics you shed most all of it. Normal to have a few thin hangers on that don't shed. You will get some fine fuzz starting to poke through over the next few months and they will become thicker over time. Be patient. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, DconlonGutz said:

Overall I'm very content with Dr. Nader's work.  I can see significant changes since the procedure.  Dr. Nader recommended 4,000 grafts so I'll be back for more. 

Looking really good but definitely need more grafts for that much area.  In my first Nader procedure I had 3600 grafts and in my second I had 1900. I think I need another 2000 but I’ll most likely wait a couple of years until I go back to Dr. Nader.

All in all, it looks great and you’ve come a long way!

The results are transformative. You look much better for it! Good plan to do part now and part later. Easier to plan your next HT, but honestly, even without full results coming in, it looks very good (where I wouldn't get another HT, at least not soon)! The one pic where it is more head-on as opposed to a looking down pics it looks like your hair is age appropriate and reasonable. Again, you're not at the end of your results, so there will be improvement still. And you look great. Enjoy the new hair and the new look!

Edited by Lennney
Clarified not rushing for additional HT
  • Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• 1 month later...