3000 Grafts - ASMED - Dr. Koray Erdogan

abysmo

Hi @abysmo

I don’t want to give you added stress, but being honest, the bad news first, your latest progress photos look pretty disappointing for close to 7-months post-procedure, now hopefully good news is that if you are truly a slow grower than you may have more improvement and growth over the next 3 months or so.

Have you contacted and sent your current photos to the clinic to get their current take on your progress?

Edited by CosmoKramer

Thank you for the replies. I have talked with the clinic and they say everything is normal and I am just a slow grower. I am keeping my faith in ASMED, they've been very kind throughout the whole process so at this point all I can do is to trust them, wait and see. I am also aware of the fact that chances are getting lower as the time goes by with so little improvement. 

I am on finasteride and I have used dermovate two times for a period of 15 days to get rid of the redness but it is not gone completely.

No, there is only the sudden feeling of small needles are being inserted into my head here and there and those specific points are getting itchy for a couple of minutes. I see those as a sign of new hair coming out and I hope that is true.

• 4 weeks later...

Another thing you could look at is improving the bloodflow to your scalp. 

I remember Dr Erdogan commenting on the importance of good blood flow during our consultation, and during surgery he commented in my ear "you have strong bloodflow, you should get a great result".  Touch wood this is the case but it certainly makes sense.  Sure you can implant lots of grafts, but grafts rely on circulation/blood flow to grow.

I noticed on Lukeyb's thread (Great result) that he was using fragmented coconut oil to massage his head in the evening.  This is the type of exercise that will improve blood flow temporary.  I am currently doing the same thing.  Maybe give it a try?

Lukey b’s results had nothing to do with coconut oil n head massaging .. dude had great donor hair n native hair ..his native hair in his midscalp n crown is dense and thick n donor .. he’s an ideal patient .. ( a receder but not a diffuser type of hairloss .. those gives the best the results .

19 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Lukey b’s results had nothing to do with coconut oil n head massaging .. dude had great donor hair n native hair ..his native hair in his midscalp n crown is dense and thick n donor .. he’s an ideal patient .. ( a receder but not a diffuser type of hairloss .. those gives the best the results .

I wouldn’t say “had nothing to do with coconut oil n head massaging”... I think it can help, I did the same nightly and also recently incorporated peppermint oil in the oil mix to increase circulation. Hair won’t grow without circulating blood nutrition nor will transplanted grafts.

Edited by CosmoKramer

4 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Blood circulation is important .. but its .. already naturally done by ur body ..  

Yes, but since grafts are very delicate and there is competition for blood supply in the scalp it doesn’t hurt to give all the assistance to it that you can.

3 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yes, but since grafts are very delicate and there is competition for blood supply in the scalp it doesn’t hurt to give all the assistance to it that you can.

This is pretty much what i was getting at. 

My wife had terrible circulation in her left foot since birth, to the point where she had brittle nails and discolouration of skin. Massages 1/2 twice a week and physical exercise has massively improved it over the years.  If she had just left it to naturally run it's course,  she would be in a lot more trouble these days.

I am not saying it's some kind of miracle grow, far from it.  However, it is proven to improve circulation so I don't see why it would be a bad thing to be honest. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markymarc123 said:

This is pretty much what i was getting at. 

My wife had terrible circulation in her left foot since birth, to the point where she had brittle nails and discolouration of skin. Massages 1/2 twice a week and physical exercise has massively improved it over the years.  If she had just left it to naturally run it's course,  she would be in a lot more trouble these days.

I am not saying it's some kind of miracle grow, far from it.  However, it is proven to improve circulation so I don't see why it would be a bad thing to be honest. 

I agree. Good example with your point about your wife’s foot circulation issue too.

I do scalp massages for 5 mins a day myself.. n also looking to try dermarolling .. no one  said blood circulation is bad . Or doing anything or something to help ur hair is bad .. but realistically .. if u doing a scalp massage for 15 minutes day . U just helping ur precious grafts 15 minutes in a day .. that’s less than 1 percent of being effective .. it didn’t help lukey or anyone to get a better transplant with coconut oil n massages .. .  But it’s probably good for preventive measures for future hair loss .. 

Edited by Legend007

18 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

I do scalp massages for 5 mins a day myself.. n also looking to try dermarolling .. no one  said blood circulation is bad . Or doing anything or something to help ur hair is bad .. but realistically .. if u doing a scalp massage for 15 minutes day . U just helping ur precious grafts 15 minutes in a day .. that’s less than 1 percent of being effective .. it didn’t help lukey or anyone to get a better transplant with coconut oil n massages .. .  But it’s probably good for preventive measures for future hair loss .. 

Sorry but I disagree with you man, doing something to improve circulation doesn’t just end physiologically at the moment you’re done doing something to improve the circulation, just like working out at the gym doesn’t stop your body from burning calories once you’re done with your workout, it’s continuous, not just a definitive set end point. I’m not suggesting it’s the be all end all to a great result but I think it can give great assistance along with a combination of other consistent variables.

If it was more than 1% effective.. why wouldn’t ur doctor or any of our doctors include It in the postcare instructions to help them precious grafts .. use ur common sense .. n don’t try to convince me on ur snake oil. Thanks .

25 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

If it was more than 1% effective.. why wouldn’t ur doctor or any of our doctors include It in the postcare instructions to help them precious grafts .. use ur common sense .. n don’t try to convince me on ur snake oil. Thanks .

How do you know it’s just 1% effective??? Are you an expert?

I don’t know or claim to know exactly how much but I know it’s helped me and seems like others as well. I don’t know if or why doctors don’t suggest it I’m not a doctor and not trying to sell anything, and I’m not trying to convince you of anything I’m saying I don’t agree with your definitive belief of something you don’t know for sure about.

Yes, common sense tells me I, just like Luke and others might have done something right and helpful.

By the way, one could make the argument that minoxidil and Finasteride are “snake oils” as they don’t 100% work on everyone using them with 100% results, sure they help, but not for everyone.

Edited by CosmoKramer

Bro u trying to tell me lukey b had great results because he massage his scalp n uses coconut oil. It’s not making sense to me , sorry . U keep doing them massages bro .. Cuz I am ,, but it’s not going to help much . 

If u believe in it however , spend some money n get the scalp massager for $299.. it’s currently half off because it’s in beta testing mode .. or why don’t u spend the $799-$3000 for the laser cap , because it’s suppose to improve blood circulation to ur scalp .. n. Neither of those things are proven to be very effective .. n  they cost a lot of money .. so don’t try to convince me of doing scalp massages n coconut oil is effective of helping ur hair issues .. 

did ur doctor tell u to do this post-op ? Is this why u so sure ?  Or u just trying to convince urself about something .. either way .. I don’t care .. 

Edited by Legend007
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 7:58 AM, CosmoKramer said:

How do you know it’s just 1% effective??? Are you an expert?

I don’t know or claim to know exactly how much but I know it’s helped me and seems like others as well. I don’t know if or why doctors don’t suggest it I’m not a doctor and not trying to sell anything, and I’m not trying to convince you of anything I’m saying I don’t agree with your definitive belief of something you don’t know for sure about.

Yes, common sense tells me I, just like Luke and others might have done something right and helpful.

By the way, one could make the argument that minoxidil and Finasteride are “snake oils” as they don’t 100% work on everyone using them with 100% results, sure they help, but not for everyone.

The difference is minoxidil and finasteride both have several peer reviewed studies proving their effectiveness. 

25 minutes ago, Payam said:

The difference is minoxidil and finasteride both have several peer reviewed studies proving their effectiveness. 

Yes. And all that means is that “peers” looked at the manufacturer run studies they cherry-picked to get their drugs approved.

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yes. And all that means is that “peers” looked at the manufacturer run studies they cherry-picked to get their drugs approved.

You should read some on what a clinic trial consists of and how heavily they are regulated and monitored by the FDA and institutional review boards, it's pretty much impossible to get skewed data past these entities as you are insinuating.