Legends HT with H n W. 2500 FUE

Legend007

This is such a detailed informative post. Legend your hair looks really good at just 4 months! I appreciate you being so blunt with the Doc and clinic, helps us prospective patients in getting answers to questions we may hesitate to ask just to be polite. Happy Growing!!

Edited by aceguy

Looking great so far! Lots of growth still to come, I for sure wouldn't worry.

My girlfriend has a 3x mirror kinda like that and it has been super useful for my post op care. Going to have to order the 15x version so I can keep an eye on my little guys

On 4/2/2019 at 8:54 PM, Legend007 said:

Thanks for support Melvin n Sean .. its growing well enough .. I can tell it’s going to be an okay to good result .. definitely not a failure .. but I still have to wait for everything to grow n see how it blends in with native hair to know if it was worth $20,000 .. 

i luv this mirror I bought ,, 15X mirror .. it really gives me peace of mind, I can see all the baby sprouts with it .. y’all should get one ..

the one thing I’m not happy about is , how small an area $20,000 got me ..  took a pic of top view, . All to hairline .

CB2557B5-ACEC-4F3A-9AE9-FB55B760AB56.jpeg

52B9779B-634F-4DAD-A043-570C42496844.jpeg

Small area but great density. I am unsure of my own density results thus far with less than 1,600 grafts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey y’all , I just completed 5 months .. give or take a day .. 

things are improving .. the left side n middle portions are weaker .. but overall the shape is there .. just needs to fill in more .. if I’m supposed to be only 50% growth n maturation then it should turn out good . I can walk around in the office without a hat .. no one notices that I had anything done .. right now I’m more worried about future hairloss .. even thought it looks like I have a lot of hair .. they are thinner up top .. diffusing .. so hopefully propecia will maintain them for 5-10 years .. 

under regular light , looks good , not see through .. under harsh light .. looks not so great .. but I think 2-3 more months will really help .. I’m debating on whether I should try rogaine on the transplanted area for a month or two .. to give things a boost ... I email the clinic this weekend and see what they say .. n also to give them an update on my progress .. I haven’t contacted them since the operation .. 

F202DBFA-D67E-4FA4-A8B0-C4FD94E8F1AB.jpeg

98333DEA-B7C3-4159-BE24-6AF2C72D86DF.jpeg

EEC6A98B-A2EC-4C00-A590-33341007A15F.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks good Legend, for 5 months I would say you're just on schedule. Another few months and I expect your hair to look thick and full.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin .. I think I’m on track too..  unless there’s a big gap somewhere that doesn’t fill in , i be satisfied .. if not .. I still remember that 90% guarantee growth doctor hasson told me .. so I know they would do a refinement if need be.

i just took this pic right now at work .. this is what I look like in regular office lighting ..

88EB20C4-20B3-42C3-BCB7-8BCC449E048E.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey thanks dan .. glad to hear from u .. how are things coming with ur hair ? Can u share a pic .. I hope to get to where u at in my later years .. only needed two transplants .. n looking quite good..

On 4/14/2019 at 5:49 PM, RecessionProof said:

Looking great so far! Lots of growth still to come, I for sure wouldn't worry.

My girlfriend has a 3x mirror kinda like that and it has been super useful for my post op care. Going to have to order the 15x version so I can keep an eye on my little guys..

Hey, yeah I definitely recommend getting the 15x mirror .. I had a 7x mirror at first but shelled another $25 for the better stuff .. I tried the microscope cameras .. bought a few of them .. n returned them .. getting those things to focus was too much of a hassle and n I didn’t want to get into that deep of a level In worrying about it growing or not.. I just check that mirror every couple days .. see if new growth , small hairs popping n stuff . Gives me reassurance .

that growth is occurring .. 

53 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Hey thanks dan .. glad to hear from u .. how are things coming with ur hair ? Can u share a pic .. I hope to get to where u at in my later years .. only needed two transplants .. n looking quite good..

Thanks Legend. Had a Skype yesterday with Dr. Diep.  I took this picture yesterday for his follow up, he wanted to know how I've been doing. 

20181202_130457_resized_2.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey y’all .. 6 month update .. I’m just starting to not wear a hat anymore .. The hair is growing well enough .. I think about 70% have sprouted.. it’s all about hair maturing N growing longer n thicker now ..  there is still some problem areas in the mid n right temple  .. but I hope that will fill in .. other than that i think things will be successful enough .. but I’m still holding H&W to the 90% growth they promised me .. 

Even though I won’t be looking for a refund  or nothing .. n I probably wouldn’t want to go back for a refinement n stuff .. I’m not a perfectionist .. I just want to be comfortable n confident in my own skin .. 

im just glad I didn’t get a pluggy hairline .. or prolonged redness n bumpy skin .. those were my biggest fears .. 

here some pics .. top 3 is today when hair is good in office lighting n one in the car ..

the last 1  is not so good lighting n a bit see through .. n is what I hope will improve when hair thickens up .. 

ADA29119-A075-4C45-A963-978F33B1F9F8.jpeg

25B80DA7-439F-43FE-AF0A-5E49A3603E7F.jpeg

2AA0EDC4-4BCA-40BC-85BA-EB8C8CD38780.jpeg

D166D106-9D84-46B9-9BA1-49D5A3E802B1.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looking good. That last picture looks thin, but it does look like there are a lot of thin, short hairs that should thicken up over the next few months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hey y’all thanks for the support .. I’m here right now at my homegirls bar grand opening .. n this is the first time I’ve been around a lot of people in the daytime without a hat for awhile .. n no one can tell I had anything done :) 

No one staring at my hairline n stuff .. n nope I don’t put anything in my hair .. no gel or anything .. the transplanted hair is thick so it sticks up naturally .. so I don’t need to comb it much :) I just use my hands and slick it back .. 

this pic right here is after 2 ipas n a sake bomb at lunch time 😛  . It’s a grand opening of a bar ; so couldn’t help it :) so I’m heka red n sweaty ., but hair don’t look too bad .. 

7E1CD62B-A9BF-4DB3-8054-FE48D2839BA2.jpeg

Edited by Legend007
  • Haha 1

Hahah Jj.. khong cac duoc 😛

But nope .. I doubt it if there will be 6 more months of growth .. that’s what the clinics what us to think .. I think I have 2 more months for any new sprouts .. but thickening of new hair  is definitely coming..  because technically , transplanted hairs will go into a rest phase .. which lasts 3-4 months .. so if u transplanted n shed after month 1 or 2 .. unless the transplanted hairs got fukked up somehow or lacking blood supply ,, the majority of them should be sprouting around month 4-6.. with a few sprinkles of new hair in months 7-9.. But remember , even if u don’t see it with the naked eye .. they either sprouted or not by then .. good thing I have the 15x  magnifying Mirror so I know what to expect .. 

I’m just an average person with average hairloss .. so what u see from me should be the average results of most patients that goes to a top doc ..  that’s why I documented this from beginning n not wait for results to be great before posting . Y’all helped me . So I’m helping y’all ..  

Overall, it’s been worth it so far .. only thing I don’t like about a hair transplant is the cost .. damn $20,000 yo .. but u know what .. it’s kinda worth it .. i was getting older n on the decline . N stressing about future hairloss . But fixing the hairline does wonders to frame them face n give u a fresh start .. but also just important is propecia., ive been on it for 1.5 years now n seeing the benefits of it . I have less hair fall .. which is major!!!! Best wishes to y’all . I be back on this thread at month 7 . Peace out !

one last thing .. heres a pic of me n my mullet .. hahah .. my girlfriend don’t like me with long hair .. but u know what, I be like imma enjoy having long hair for a bit before I cut it .. when u balding ,; u want to retain all ur hair n not cut it .. Y’all feel me :)

5BDB5DEB-2302-4A1A-B0CF-0A3B3BA63F73.jpeg

Edited by Legend007
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Haha @Legend007 tell her if you don’t want me with my mullet, you don’t deserve me with my new hairline 😅

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 12:31 AM, Legend007 said:

Hey all ., just to let y’all know I’m not going to be too active on my own thread :) it’s already stressful worrying about future hairloss n now have to worry about if the transplant hair will grow or not .. so I’m just going to let the process take care of itself .. I hardly look in the mirror to check if new hairs are growing n stuff .. so far things are going fine .. I’m fortunate to have enough hair to cover up the transplant . So no one knows I got anything done .. been wearing a hat at work n stuff however . Thank goodness I look good in a hat .. so the ugly duckling stage hasn’t been difficult .. I should be able to tough it out. It’s been no big deal .. I’ve been through more difficult things in life , so this is no big deal to me ..

The hairs have just started to shed .. I’ve been brushing it the last few days to get the transplanted hairs to fall out, to prepare for new growth .. some of my native hairs have started to grow also , so hopefully that is a good sign .. the redness isn’t too bad , skin texture is okay .. still needs more time to heal .. hopefully things turn out well .. 

Pics are at one month .. 

D0A04A6E-6DE0-4FF0-B930-A4266A3641C7.jpeg

4DE5D7D4-142B-4A00-8616-247AAABD2DDB.jpeg

F58C273F-0133-4A55-AFF1-C6BE83F8BD68.jpeg

080EED53-10F1-492C-8A75-19ACABFB02BC.jpeg

1C32B4F4-19C1-4CAE-9694-2E09B801BDB9.jpeg

Hey @Legend007could you or anyone else clarify what you meant by brushing your hair out intentionally to get the transplanted hairs to shed? Is it normal practice to forcefully try to brush out the hairs to get them to shed for the ugly duckling phase?