Legends HT with H n W. 2500 FUE

Legend007

On 12/23/2018 at 1:05 PM, Legend007 said:

Looks really clean and very (!) dense. Amazing to see 2500 FU with this hair diameter in such a small area. 

On 12/20/2018 at 6:32 AM,  JeanLDD said: 

Hasson does the highest level of dense packing in the world from what I see, especially with your ridiculous hair caliber and number of grafts in a smallish area should be close to perfect. You're probably his idea of an ideal patient.

+1 one Jean's comment. But this makes me wonder even more: Why did Baubac cancelled on you? Did you recide much more after your fist meeting with him? Or was it the first time he has seen your case and you have been in contact with a advisor only before? A 37 year old with your hair and just starting FIN. What else do you want as a clinic?

— thanks jean , it is pretty dense packed .. doctor hasson said he can go even denser , ultra dense pack .... The implanters took a lot of hours to pack them in there .. took almost all night ...  I still had a lot of native hair behind the hairline .. so he had to match the density of my native .. but my native hair is kinda thin . , I can tell they will get thinner in a few years .. 

- hey gas, doctor bauabc canceled on me at the last minute after looking at my pictures again .. he knew I was going to recede some more .. so 1200 grafts to the hairline wouldn’t do me any good 2 years later .. so he wanted me to stay on Propecia for the full year n see how I respond .. I could either maintain , or recede more . N yep .. one year later I definitely receded more .. now I need 2200-2500 grafts .. I thank him in my heart , for canceling on me .. I would be chasing my hairline right now .. n be worse off than before . :)

n I also wanted to thank many of the members here for telling me to not get a HT at that time , Since I was just starting to recede . . my hair loss wasn’t bad enough at norwood 2 .. now it’s almost a 3 .. this was a good time for me to get one, should make a nice benefit.. 

doesn't this just mean you will be chasing your hairline from here on anyway? I ask because I'm in a similar situation to you, is the HT just to give you a few extra years before the thinning shows again?

• Moderators

Hey Legend,

Has the transplanted hair continued to grow or has a lot of it been falling out over the past week?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:01 AM, Kiwi Guy said:

doesn't this just mean you will be chasing your hairline from here on anyway? I ask because I'm in a similar situation to you, is the HT just to give you a few extra years before the thinning shows again?

He is on FIN now, which should slow down the process. 

3 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

He is on FIN now, which should slow down the process. 

Yeah I'm on fin and have been the last 5 years, it does slow it down but it will still end up falling out, I have been sifting through this website for months now and I am yet to see a person who has managed to really halt their native hair falling out, I would love to hear from someone who has, I'm gathering that these HT's just end up giving us a few extra years of the illusion of a full head of hair.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Guy said:

Yeah I'm on fin and have been the last 5 years, it does slow it down but it will still end up falling out, I have been sifting through this website for months now and I am yet to see a person who has managed to really halt their native hair falling out, I would love to hear from someone who has, I'm gathering that these HT's just end up giving us a few extra years of the illusion of a full head of hair.

i’ve been on fun for almost 6 months now. i will be posting a thread soon. i think you’ll be surprised 

• Like 1

Extremely clean work!  Very happy for you! Looks like it is coming along well.  Definitely following your progress man.  It doesn’t seem to have shed, maybe your a fast grower but you can see the expected outline.  Looks great overall.  Congrats and happy growing! :)

Hey all ., just to let y’all know I’m not going to be too active on my own thread :) it’s already stressful worrying about future hairloss n now have to worry about if the transplant hair will grow or not .. so I’m just going to let the process take care of itself .. I hardly look in the mirror to check if new hairs are growing n stuff .. so far things are going fine .. I’m fortunate to have enough hair to cover up the transplant . So no one knows I got anything done .. been wearing a hat at work n stuff however . Thank goodness I look good in a hat .. so the ugly duckling stage hasn’t been difficult .. I should be able to tough it out. It’s been no big deal .. I’ve been through more difficult things in life , so this is no big deal to me ..

The hairs have just started to shed .. I’ve been brushing it the last few days to get the transplanted hairs to fall out, to prepare for new growth .. some of my native hairs have started to grow also , so hopefully that is a good sign .. the redness isn’t too bad , skin texture is okay .. still needs more time to heal .. hopefully things turn out well .. 

Pics are at one month .. 

D0A04A6E-6DE0-4FF0-B930-A4266A3641C7.jpeg

4DE5D7D4-142B-4A00-8616-247AAABD2DDB.jpeg

F58C273F-0133-4A55-AFF1-C6BE83F8BD68.jpeg

080EED53-10F1-492C-8A75-19ACABFB02BC.jpeg

1C32B4F4-19C1-4CAE-9694-2E09B801BDB9.jpeg

Edited by Legend007
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Hey all ., just to let y’all know I’m not going to be too active on my own thread :) it’s already stressful worrying about future hairloss n now have to worry about if the transplant hair will grow or not .. so I’m just going to let the process take care of itself .. I hardly look in the mirror to check if new hairs are growing n stuff .. so far things are going fine .. I’m fortunate to have enough hair to cover up the transplant . So no one knows I got anything done .. been wearing a hat at work n stuff however . Thank goodness I look good in a hat .. so the ugly duckling stage hasn’t been difficult .. I should be able to tough it out. It’s been no big deal .. I’ve been through more difficult things in life , so this is no big deal to me ..

The hairs have just started to shed .. I’ve been brushing it the last few days to get the transplanted hairs to fall out, to prepare for new growth .. some of my native hairs have started to grow also , so hopefully that is a good sign .. the redness isn’t too bad , skin texture is okay .. still needs more time to heal .. hopefully things turn out well .. 

Pics are at one month .. 

D0A04A6E-6DE0-4FF0-B930-A4266A3641C7.jpeg

4DE5D7D4-142B-4A00-8616-247AAABD2DDB.jpeg

F58C273F-0133-4A55-AFF1-C6BE83F8BD68.jpeg

080EED53-10F1-492C-8A75-19ACABFB02BC.jpeg

1C32B4F4-19C1-4CAE-9694-2E09B801BDB9.jpeg

You have such thick hair i'm expecting a home run result.

Happy growing!

My donor hair is thick.. but overall the top of my scalp has gotten a lot thinner , even my sides .. so I’m really worried about future hairloss .. but I’m hopeful it doesn’t get too bad .. since all my brothers n parent has thick Norwood 1 hair...

my donor hair might be thick ,, but I don’t have a lot of it .. i might be able to get another 2500 grafts from the same Area. N also another 1000-1500 from the top back n side that has been untouched .. so I  can’t afford to have a failed transplant .. 

I already know I will need another transplant later down the road for the midscalp area when the hairs behind transplant starts to recede further  .. crown is also getting thinner but doesn’t seem like it’s going to be too bad .. 

n also please refrain from saying home runs n it’s going to a great result and stuff .. 2018 results have been hit n misses .. so I know better than to get overly overexcited and stuff .. I just know I put myself in a good situation for a good result .. but until it happens , im not excited .. hopefully this surgery will give me a good 5 years or so before I have to go under the knife again .. I’m not even hoping for a great result . I just want enough density to where I’m satisfied enough to not have to worry about my hair for awhile ..  thanks y’all .. have a great new year .. wishing everyone 2019 to be a good year for hair growth .. (‘.^)

Pic is Donor 34 days out .. my donor grows fast n it’s thick .. no shockloss of donor or recipient hairs .. thank goodness :)  can’t even tell if I had anything done .. how many donor grafts u guys think I have available ?

Dr Hasson and I never got around to discussing that .. was too busy designing the hairline n stuff . 

D6BE9D78-7BCD-4482-844B-A444981D0162.jpeg

• Administrators

Lemme borrow some grafts bro 😜 you got more than enough.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dude - w/your native hair caliber and density - I would think you are near 10K availability for FUE unless your head is really small.  You could literally take fue extractions from a huge donor area over time as you get older and keep up w/your very slow hairloss.

• Like 1

Okay that’s good to hear .. it does seem like I have enough grafts leftover .. don’t know about 10K .. I do have a small head n face .. so not as much donor as others . But then again I won’t need as many  grafts since small head = less coverage needed.

N no Melvin .. u can’t have some of my donor hair :P

p.s. some of my native hair on the hairline has grown back .. also saw about 2 - 3 transplanted grafts that started growing already .. I can tell it’s donor hair since it’s thicker .. hopefully this is a good sign for early growth ..

Edited by Legend007

Recipient area looks nice and thick. Hoping you have a great result. I will be following your progress.

I am almost 8 months out from getting 2,381 grafts done by Dr. Diep in the frontal 1/3rd. It is looking like I may need to get another one done in that area but I will need more done everywhere else since I am diffuse thinner. So hopefully you choosing H&W was the perfect decision.

• 3 weeks later...

Your hairline looks great, did Dr. Hasson have any objection of making your hairline like that as it looks to be more straight than the v-peak shape he normally does? Im hoping to get something similar to your hairline and hopefully he's nice enough to not object to the non-v shape look and go more towards a straighter line.

Hey everyone.. it’s been a little over 2 months. Things are progressing well .. most my native hair on the recipient has grown back .. so My ugly duckling phase hasn’t been too bad .. I’ve been able to walk around the office without a hat .. no one can tell I got anything done .. I’m still debating if I should let my back hair grow then tie it into a ponytail .. or go back to the clean cut look .. 

as for new growth .. there’s been quite a bit of new hairs sprouting .. I think by month 3 -4 there will be a lot of sprouts .. 

since my scalp is good .. n my donor is good .. u can tell by how quickly my donor has grown back .. so hopefully the $20,000 I paid to dr hasson n team was worth it .. I’m a frugal person so this was a big investment for me .. I would have to work at least 1-2 years to save that money back .. sometimes I think should I of went with dr diep .. or go overseas n save that money .. 

anyways .. I overspent for this surgery .. so if I ever require additional surgery in the future I will have to go over seas .. but hopefully this surgery will be a success n I won’t have to worry about that for years to come .. 

B8BB0F65-F896-418A-ABE4-E28CF654336E.jpeg

8CD3DA09-ED45-465A-A749-92E3C6649367.jpeg

1887BB97-7939-4EBC-A50E-62DFC36DE584.jpeg

Oh yeah , flying .. doctor hasson originally drew the hairline in more of a v-shape .. but since one side was higher than the other ,, he lowered it a bit more , so it looks more straight.. which is just my original hair line , just slightly lower .. so yeah he will work with u on hairline design .. I’m still bummed he didn’t work on my temporal points .. it was very important to me , 100 grafts each side would of made a major difference reducing the width of my forehead ... he said he didn’t want to rebuild the whole thing .. so I’m not super excited .. because all he’s doing  now is just giving me back the hairline I had 2 years ago .. so this transplant won’t make a big difference in my looks .. I will look just the same.. next time i be more adamant on what I want .. n not give in ..  but yeah I like the hairline design too .. we spent 30 minutes on it .. it matches with my square jawline .. 

Edited by Legend007

It used to be thick .. it’s defintely thinner now .. I had to get a haircut every 3 weeks before .. now I haven’t went to my barber for a year :( Top hair is too thin now ,, doesn’t grow as fast , so I just trim it myself now ..  I went out with my friends the other day .. I noticed all my friends still have hair .. Asian people don’t bald that much ..  what a bummer .. that I used to have the nicest hair out of all of them .. n now I’m the one wearing a hat :( 

3 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

It used to be thick .. it’s defintely thinner now .. I had to get a haircut every 3 weeks before .. now I haven’t went to my barber for a year :( Top hair is too thin now ,, doesn’t grow as fast , so I just trim it myself now ..  I went out with my friends the other day .. I noticed all my friends still have hair .. Asian people don’t bald that much ..  what a bummer .. that I used to have the nicest hair out of all of them .. n now I’m the one wearing a hat :( 

Well you sure can't tell from what I see. It looks thick to me.

@Legend007 can you tell us how you used to wear your hair when you weren't experiencing hair loss? and how you plan to wear your hair after your (amazing) results come in?

I wouldn't sell H&W short and already not seem thrilled with what they did for you. They know what they are doing. You have to trust them.

1) why do you think you should have gone to Dr. Diep? Your results havent even come in yet and I think it would've been similar price..?

2) We can't really see your temples in any of the pictures you provided but it seems like they're in good standing. If you wear your hair like in the pics you've provided you can't even see your temples..?

3) its disappointing that you're already saying "so this transplant won’t make a big difference in my looks". You dont know that for sure. Why would you say that?