10 days from 6 month point of transplant and still seeing nothing

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my opinion, it’s likely number 1. I even said your expectations we’re unrealistic before surgery. Also, there’s still time to grow at 7 months. At least you haven’t made a new thread, so that’s good.

I've seen surgeries on completely bald men who had 4000 grafts who looked better and less bald than me

i was nowhere near totally bald. my front 3rd especially had a good amount of hair

Edited by AnalogFeel

2 hours ago, SBSinNYC said:

Both are quite possible.   However, your incessant childishness makes me think number 1 is the greater contributor.   It’s really embarrassing. 

incessant childishness?

dude I paid 14K and was promised the world by doctor keller. You see how terrible the results are

what would you do if you were me?

• Administrators

Analog, 

please pm me your name and date of surgery. I will reach out to Dr. Keller for you. It’s only fair to give him a chance to explain. 

In my opinion, sounds like there was a lack of communication and mismatched expectations, but please give Dr. Keller the authorization to speak about your case. I also suggest posting pre-op photos and up to date photos of your results.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Analog, 

please pm me your name and date if surgery. I will reach out to Dr. Keller for you. It’s only fair to give him a chance to explain. 

In my opinion, sounds like there was a lack of communication and mismatched expectations, but please give Dr. Keller the authorization to speak about your case. I also suggest posting pre-op photos and up to date photos of your results.

Analog, if you are as desperate and disappointed with the results as you claim to be, I would take Melvin up on his offer. Otherwise, you lack credibility and are wasting everyone's time. 

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

1 hour ago, AnalogFeel said:

incessant childishness?

dude I paid 14K and was promised the world by doctor keller. You see how terrible the results are

what would you do if you were me?

I would have listened to other posters on this forum who actually have done this instead of thinking you were a know-it-all and that you knew some secret that others didn't know. As such, you get what you pay for and, at the same time, no one really wants to deal with your posts.

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Analog, 

please pm me your name and date of surgery. I will reach out to Dr. Keller for you. It’s only fair to give him a chance to explain. 

i have to give this another 2 or 3 months. I talked to him 2 weeks ago and he said I will get more growth and way more thickening

in your opinion, is this a normal yield for 4K grafts? isn't 4k grafts a huge number?

Edited by AnalogFeel

3 hours ago, matt3480 said:

I would have listened to other posters on this forum who actually have done this instead of thinking you were a know-it-all and that you knew some secret that others didn't know. As such, you get what you pay for and, at the same time, no one really wants to deal with your posts.

nobody here told me keller was a bad idea

and all his surgery results range from good to fantastic 

This is childish.

”I paid 14k.  My results should be better, right?”. 

Wrong.  They are what they are.  The money is a sunk cost.  

“Nobody here told me Keller was a bad idea”.

So what.  It’s not hard to find out that $3.5 per graft is half the going rate for top notch FUT in a major U.S. city.  Less than half for FUE.   But you know everything so that didn’t give you pause.  

So, you might ask what wouldn’t be childish?  OK.  Wait until 12 months to fully assess.  18 might be better. If you aren’t happy then, do a few consults with truly top of the line guys.  The kind of docs who would be happy to turn you away if you are unrealistic after being presented with a brutally honest assessment.  

Then decide.  Not before.  That’s what an adult would do.

5 hours ago, SBSinNYC said:

This is childish.

”I paid 14k.  My results should be better, right?”. 

Wrong.  They are what they are.  The money is a sunk cost.  

“Nobody here told me Keller was a bad idea”.

So what.  It’s not hard to find out that $3.5 per graft is half the going rate for top notch FUT in a major U.S. city.  Less than half for FUE.   But you know everything so that didn’t give you pause.  

So, you might ask what wouldn’t be childish?  OK.  Wait until 12 months to fully assess.  18 might be better. If you aren’t happy then, do a few consults with truly top of the line guys.  The kind of docs who would be happy to turn you away if you are unrealistic after being presented with a brutally honest assessment.  

Then decide.  Not before.  That’s what an adult would do.

it was supposed to be 13600 for 3500 grafts but my donor area was incredibly dense - ended up being 4K grafts. He didn't charge me any extra. That's about 4 dollars a graft. From what I gather, that's a good price but nothing super crazy. Which doctors are charging 8 dollars a graft for FUT?

You mean to tell me these guys doing 5000 grafts on FUT are paying $40,000 for the hair?

• Administrators

Analog, 

I have asked you to please provide me your name and date of surgery. It’s only fair to let Dr. Keller explain your case. If you do not want too. I will be forced to archive this thread out of public view until you decide to provide me this information.

You still haven’t posted pictures, but claim to have bo growth. As a community, how do we know you’ve had no growth unless you post pictures? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Analog, 

I have asked you to please provide me your name and date of surgery. It’s only fair to let Dr. Keller explain your case. If you do not want too. I will be forced to archive this thread out of public view until you decide to provide me this information.

You still haven’t posted pictures, but claim to have bo growth. As a community, how do we know you’ve had no growth unless you post pictures? 

I posted pics in the OP

I asked DR keller to provide me pre and post OP pics. He should mail them to me soon

• Administrators
Just now, AnalogFeel said:

I posted pics in the OP

I asked DR keller to provide me pre and post OP pics. He should mail them to me soon

Your original post was over a month ago. I think you should post updated pictures with your current results. Also, please send me a private message with your name and date of surgery so I can reach out to Dr. Keller. Any information you provide me will be confidential and used only for the purpose of identifying you as a patient of Dr. Keller.

• Like 1

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Your original post was over a month ago. I think you should post updated pictures with your current results. Also, please send me a private message with your name and date of surgery so I can reach out to Dr. Keller. Any information you provide me will be confidential and used only for the purpose of identifying you as a patient of Dr. Keller.

I'm taking pics constantly

I see no difference in the mid scalp and crown, otherwise I would post it

the front/hairline looks great but that's what I cared the least about. I don't want Dr Keller to respond to this for about 3 or 4 more months...

Edited by AnalogFeel

26 minutes ago, matt3480 said:

My God, Melvin....ban this guy.

dude I posted pics before, right after and 6 months after

I'll post pics at 7 month mark, you'll see it's basically no difference in the midscalp and crown. So frustrating. The hairline is huge difference but I barely cared about that. With my super curly hair, I can make a NW3 hairline look like a 1.5

• Administrators

Analog why don’t you post pictures that you take? At this point you have continuously portrayed Dr. Keller negatively without giving me your name or date of surgery to contact him.

You have posted pictures from his office that frankly, look good. If you think the pictures are somehow “deceiving” I suggest you post your pictures now. 

If you decline to do so, I will be forced to archive this thread. It’s not fair to the community to continuously complain about your results and not show us what you’re upset about. Make sense? I await your response.

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Analog why don’t you post pictures that you take? At this point you have continuously portrayed Dr. Keller negatively without giving me your name or date of surgery to contact him.

You have posted pictures from his office that frankly, look good. If you think the pictures are somehow “deceiving” I suggest you post your pictures now. 

If you decline to do so, I will be forced to archive this thread. It’s not fair to the community to continuously complain about your results and not show us what you’re upset about. Make sense? I await your response.

I showed you pics in OP how extremely bald the middle and crown looks

i don't know what kind of studio trickery they used to make it look so good in those pics

8 hours ago, SBSinNYC said:

I think it looks pretty good TBH, but since there aren’t any real “questions or answers” at this point, could we move this thread to the “Whimpering Like A Toddler” sub-forum?

pretty good? The results look absolutely spectacular in those pics. I basically look like a NW1 with 10/10 density there.

I have no idea how they're doing it. my crown and middle is awful in real life

11 minutes ago, chicago2017 said:

Could you please take a few pictures today/tomorrow and post them so we can compare? I was in similar situation where my results on Dr Keller's pictures looked way better and where misleading. 

I think this is what all the hair restoration clinics do

in reality, unless you're a NW3 with good density, hair restoration surgeries just don't seem to give you much. If you have a significant crown situation, forget about it. You'll never have good looking hair

I don't know how much longer we will be tortured by this until we can have hair restoration with the 20,000 grafts that we need to have proper hair

10 minutes ago, AnalogFeel said:

I think this is what all the hair restoration clinics do

in reality, unless you're a NW3 with good density, hair restoration surgeries just don't seem to give you much. If you have a significant crown situation, forget about it. You'll never have good looking hair

I don't know how much longer we will be tortured by this until we can have hair restoration with the 20,000 grafts that we need to have proper hair

I do not think it fair to say that all clinics are doing that. Also, it is fact that you cannot have density as before. It will be useful for this community if you post your pictures so we can compare Dr Keller's pictures and yours. I hope that moderators will do something about doctors who are posting misleading pictures. I am planning to see Dr Keller next month and ask him for refund. He gave me a lot of promises that did not happen. I am planning to have 2nd surgery, but not with him for sure.

Edited by chicago2017

1 minute ago, chicago2017 said:

I do not think it fair to say that all clinics are doing that. Also, it is fact that you cannot have density as before. It will be useful for this community if you post your pictures so we can compare Dr Keller's pictures and yours. I hope that moderators will do something about doctors who are posting misleading pictures. I am planning to see Dr Keller next month and ask him for refund. He gave me a lot of promises that did not happen. I am so unhappy with him. I am planning to have 2nd surgery, but not with him for sure.

all clinics publish pre op photos that are as unflattering as possible and post op photos that are as flattering as possible

the unfortunate aspect of this is that people like us who have lost a ton of hair (especially in the middle and crown) will never have good looking hair. 3000 or 4000 grafts just isn't much. You need about 13,000 grafts to have good hair