10 days from 6 month point of transplant and still seeing nothing

He’s not garbage but he’s not top tier .. he’s top tier to u because he’s an hour drive from u .. n u also put the clinic in a tough case .. transplanting into existing hair will cause trauma creating a higher chance of shockloss . Potential damage to existing native hair , n also new hair fighting for blood supply ..  N U also doing a megasession of 4K grafts which is a challenge for Any clinic,. Not only that , u didn’t even shave ur head , to make it even more difficult .,  the doctor probably thought they could do it,  since u have a positive of having thick hair n a dense donor .. but yea , I can see the technicalities of why ur case would of been difficult .. all the pictures u shown us of similar patients, that had great results , I bet u none of them had a lot of native hair to begin with, so less chance of shockloss .. n I bet they also shaved their recipient area , Giving the doctor a better chance of success .. it’s common sense .. this is a 8-12 hour surgery ., it’s not an easy procedure , lots of things can go wrong ..  it’s not like u going to the dentist to get a root canal.. u need to put urself n the clinic in a situation to be successful .. 

36 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

He’s not garbage but he’s not top tier .. he’s top tier to u because he’s an hour drive from u .. n u also put the clinic in a tough case .. transplanting into existing hair will cause trauma creating a higher chance of shockloss . Potential damage to existing native hair , n also new hair fighting for blood supply ..  N U also doing a megasession of 4K grafts which is a challenge for Any clinic,. Not only that , u didn’t even shave ur head , to make it even more difficult .,  the doctor probably thought they could do it,  since u have a positive of having thick hair n a dense donor .. but yea , I can see the technicalities of why ur case would of been difficult .. all the pictures u shown us of similar patients, that had great results , I bet u none of them had a lot of native hair to begin with, so less chance of shockloss .. n I bet they also shaved their recipient area , Giving the doctor a better chance of success .. it’s common sense .. this is a 8-12 hour surgery ., it’s not an easy procedure , lots of things can go wrong ..  it’s not like u going to the dentist to get a root canal.. u need to put urself n the clinic in a situation to be successful .. 

1)the transplanting into native hairs area is not anything new. He's been doing that for 20 years. They apply some kind of solution that makes all the native hairs stick together and makes it pretty easy to transplant hair in between

2)I was recommended Keller, Panine and Konior in Chicagoland area. I looked through all their work and Keller's work was the best by far in terms of pure density. I don't give a shit about artistic hairlines - I have curly hair. All I care about is pure density

DSCN1070.JPG.e9c4f5f365423aa498b78160934

to

DSCN9565.thumb.JPG.f5b13f7f6472279daf9b1

here is a very similar case to mine - receded hairline with huge crown and he is basically a thick/dense NW2 now

DSCN4702.thumb.JPG.661d8c9caa542093e4d60

to

DSCN3769.thumb.JPG.a959b5218ee38768eab69

I looked through all of Konior's and Panine's work and none of them were as extreme as that

This is the closest overall case to my own that I have ever seen. NW5 pattern, diffuse loss, very thick/wavy hair with supreme donor density

DSCN0084.jpg.ea130c4b1c5612d0ccd4890fd4b

to

DSCN5841.jpg.c703a8ec8eddabdb14511557aae

what's encouraging for me is those results were posted a year after the transplant so maybe I am a late bloomer like that? I just don't see any way how a well recommended surgeon like this can get less than say a 70% yield from the grafts and even a 70% yield will make a huge difference

just FYI for you guys. Doctor keller told me his yield was like 98%, which means i should have the most spectacular transplant in history of the world, for whatever that's worth

Edited by AnalogFeel

Yeah u got pictures from their website , n them posting .. any pictures of patient results ? U not posting urs , so that tells u something .. and quite honestly , me n other members here told u it’s not a good idea to just sprinkle hairs all over ur head . Like u planting grass, hair transplants are a lot  mmore complicated than that . . then a few weeks later u went n got ur transplant .. u did not look like someone that needed that many grafts with all the native hair u  still had .. u could of just worked ur frontal third , n stabilize ur Crown with meds n Toppik . . U didn’t give that a chance n just went n got a ht without much research or knowledge . 

10 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Yeah u got pictures from their website , n them posting .. any pictures of patient results ? U not posting urs , so that tells u something .. and quite honestly , me n other members here told u it’s not a good idea to just sprinkle hairs all over ur head . Like u planting grass, hair transplants are a lot  mmore complicated than that . . then a few weeks later u went n got ur transplant .. u did not look like someone that needed that many grafts with all the native hair u  still had .. u could of just worked ur frontal third , n stabilize ur Crown with meds n Toppik . . U didn’t give that a chance n just went n got a ht without much research or knowledge . 

There are tons and tons and tons of transplants on here on people with diffuse loss like mine where they put the transplanted hair in between native hairs

Just now, Legend007 said:

Yeah n they all shaved their recipient area when it’s a megasession .. 

no they didn't dude. Look again

I'm telling you - the doctors apply a solution that makes all the native hairs stick together and makes it very easy to transplant hair. That has nothing to do with a poor result

Okay fine u convinced me ... I don’t know why u didn’t get a good result .. he’s a good doctor n seems to be a good guy .. I know u unhappy .. I feel bad for u .. he promise u the moon n he didn’t deliver .. u need to go see him, so he be aware of it , n don’t be shy about it .. I’m sure he wants u to be happy, but u still need to give it a few more months . But u need to update the clinic on ur current situation soon .. so they be aware of it n give u better advice.  

1 minute ago, Legend007 said:

Okay fine u convinced me ... I don’t know why u didn’t get a good result .. he’s a good doctor n seems to be a good guy .. I know u unhappy .. I feel bad for u .. he promise u the moon n he didn’t deliver .. u need to go see him, so he be aware of it , n don’t be shy about it .. I’m sure he wants u to be happy, but u still need to give it a few more months . But u need to update the clinic on ur current situation soon .. so they be aware of it n give u better advice.  

the biggest thing encouraging me is that gentleman who has nearly identical hair traits AND baldness level to me was shown post op pictures at about a year

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, AnalogFeel said:

This is the closest overall case to my own that I have ever seen. NW5 pattern, diffuse loss, very thick/wavy hair with supreme donor density

just FYI for you guys. Doctor keller told me his yield was like 98%, which means i should have the most spectacular transplant in history of the world, for whatever that's worth

I think your choice of words are extreme to say the least. You would have us believe that you posses the densest, thickest donor area known to mankind. The truth is, no surgery is ever guaranteed and yes even the best surgeons have failed results for some reason or another. With that said, I am not saying your result is failed, it is not even at the half way mark yet. I think you will see growth in the coming months. However, if you think that you will have the most spectacular hair transplant this forum has ever seen, then I think you're setting yourself up for failure.

You have to be realistic in your approach, I told you this before you even had surgery. When you created threads talking about restoring your child hood density. Every single picture you posted, while very impressive are "illusions of density" meaning the individuals are combing and styling their hair in a way to make it appear as if they have full heads of hair. Now there is nothing wrong with that, I do it too, in fact I take it one step further cause I use concealer too. However, the reality is that they aren't even close to having the density they possessed before hair loss. You should never think this way especially when you have a Norwood 5 pattern. Someone like Legend, should get close, because he has exceptionally thick hair and minimal hair loss, but even he doesn't think that way.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think your choice of words are extreme to say the least. You would have us believe that you posses the densest, thickest donor area known to mankind. The truth is, no surgery is ever guaranteed and yes even the best surgeons have failed results for some reason or another. With that said, I am not saying your result is failed, it is not even at the half way mark yet. I think you will see growth in the coming months. However, if you think that you will have the most spectacular hair transplant this forum has ever seen, then I think you're setting yourself up for failure.

You have to be realistic in your approach, I told you this before you even had surgery. When you created threads talking about restoring your child hood density. Every single picture you posted, while very impressive are "illusions of density" meaning the individuals are combing and styling their hair in a way to make it appear as if they have full heads of hair. Now there is nothing wrong with that, I do it too, in fact I take it one step further cause I use concealer too. However, the reality is that they aren't even close to having the density they possessed before hair loss. You should never think this way especially when you have a Norwood 5 pattern. Someone like Legend, should get close, because he has exceptionally thick hair and minimal hair loss, but even he doesn't think that way.

I don't want my childhood density back 

My childhood hair was so thick that it was nearly impossible to comb/style. I want about half or like 40% of my childhood density back and my crown fixed

40% to half my chidhood density will give me nearly perfect looking hair to the untrained eye

Edited by AnalogFeel

You have no one to blame but yourself.

To sit here and say you compared this guy to two other doctors, including Konior, and this guy's pics had the best density out of three is just laughable. You obviously don't know how to assess pictures.

This is just brahmabull under a new ID....and everyone told him who to go with before his surgery and he chose to go his own way because he is stubborn and now he is reaping those benefits. Your expectations were also way out of reality....

You may have researched prior to your HT.....but you researched poorly and came up with insane statements. I've never in my life ever heard anyone proclaim your HT to be anywhere near a top tier of HT's....yet you had this odd insistence that he somehow was based on pics that didn't prove that.

Edited by matt3480
  • Like 1

Just now, matt3480 said:

You have no one to blame but yourself.

To sit here and say you compared this guy to two other doctors, including Konior, and this guy's pics had the best density out of three is just laughable. You obviously don't know how to assess pictures.[/quote]

show me one Konior or Panine transplant with as massive of an improvement in density as the pics I"ve posted by Keller

Again, I have curly hair. I don't give a shit about a perfect artistic hairline

Just now, matt3480 said:

This is just brahmabull under a new ID....and everyone told him who to go with before his surgery and he chose to go his own way because he is stubborn and now he is reaping those benefits. Your expectations were also way out of reality....

Expectations were way out of reality?

I can show you multiple transplants on men who were much much more bald than me with results I would be totally happy with

1 minute ago, AnalogFeel said:

show me one Konior or Panine transplant with as massive of an improvement in density as the pics I"ve posted by Keller

Again, I have curly hair. I don't give a shit about a perfect artistic hairline

Expectations were way out of reality?

I can show you multiple transplants on men who were much much more bald than me with results I would be totally happy with

You just don't get it, dude. Talking to you is seriously like hitting your head against a wall.

I can friggin make patients who had the worst HT's from doctors in Turkey look dense with the right lighting.

So did I tell you so or did I tell you so?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matt3480 said:

You just don't get it, dude. Talking to you is seriously like hitting your head against a wall.

I can friggin make patients who had the worst HT's from doctors in Turkey look dense with the right lighting.

So did I tell you so or did I tell you so?

Keller's not posting pics with bad lightning then ones with good lighting. The before and after pics are very similar

For instance, the 3rd and 4th pics you posted above....real easy......the 3rd one he has his hair parted to the sides in the front. He could legitimately NOT have had a HT, grown his hair out a couple more inches, combed it back...and HAD THAT SAME DENSITY. Everyone knows you comb your hair back to cover up a bald crown (and people do it because it works).

Have that 4th pic parted to the side and then you would see the actual results.

Edited by matt3480

1 hour ago, AnalogFeel said:

DSCN0084.jpg.ea130c4b1c5612d0ccd4890fd4b

to

DSCN5841.jpg.c703a8ec8eddabdb14511557aae

what's encouraging for me is those results were posted a year after the transplant so maybe I am a late bloomer like that? I just don't see any way how a well recommended surgeon like this can get less than say a 70% yield from the grafts and even a 70% yield will make a huge difference

This result? That pic with the yellow was taken in ridiculously harsh/bright overhead light. The pic where he is wearing the blue was taken with NO overhead light. This makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD.

4 minutes ago, matt3480 said:

This result? That pic with the yellow was taken in ridiculously harsh/bright overhead light. The pic where he is wearing the blue was taken with NO overhead light. This makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD.

the first pic is extremely patchy - looks nearly identical to me

the 2nd pic is incredible density - looks like a very solid NW1.5 with zero diffuse loss. I don't care about lighting - no kind of lighting can make diffuse loss hair look that perfect. You can't even see a millimeter of scalp there

Edited by AnalogFeel

16 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

Go to Hasson and Wong for a procedure to fix your situation, I guarantee your experience will be completely different and you will get good growth. You made a mistake by not listening to what others recommended before you went for surgery, it should be obvious to you when looking at your terrible results.

When you say that most doctors have no patient posted results, you clearly did no research and don't have a clue what you're talking about. The number one best way to judge a surgeon is judging a consistently churned out set of patient posted results, and judging statistically what their success rate is. If they have virtually no patient posted results like Keller, you objectively cannot make a judgement about their quality, you have no statistical, fact based means of doing so. Plenty of Surgeons have significant numbers of patient posted results so this shows absolutely that you did no research, no one should go to a surgeon that doesn't have 15+ in the last 18 months minimum and ideally more, some examples being Erdogan, Lorenzo, Hasson/Wong, Feriduni, Bisanga, Keser or in the United States Diep.

You got a bad result because you didn't listen to people who are more knowledgeable than you or consider the facts properly, I doubt you'll do it but what you should do is consult Hasson/Wong or other surgeons experienced with higher norwoods and diffused cases like Erdogan and Lorenzo. Your frustration is purely your fault because you don't listen to people trying to help and got a shit result because of it, not to late to fix that though.

This guy? He got a little more density on top, grew it out A LOT and basically has a birds nest on top. I bet he looks silly from the front. No one would ever do their hair like that from day to day because it would legit be a birds nest....but because it's probably 3-5 inches on top he can cover his entire scalp. In reality, he likely looks silly with his hair style.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:15 PM, AnalogFeel said:

found a pic

20181219_211313.jpg

Your pic here? You are going to look thin because you are at your bathroom counter and 99.99% likely have overhead lights which are NOT flattering. Go take a pic tomorrow if it's cloudy out in a room with just plain natural light....I bet you look like you have a full head of hair back there.

7 minutes ago, AnalogFeel said:

the first pic is extremely patchy - looks nearly identical to me

the 2nd pic is incredible density - looks like a very solid NW1.5 with zero diffuse loss. I don't care about lighting - no kind of lighting can make diffuse loss hair look that perfect. You can't even see a millimeter of scalp there

Huh? What are you talking about? Again, your pics (of you) shows you have hair in the midsection and front and less in the crown. If you grew you hair 3-4 inches and combed it back, you WOULD LOOK THE SAME RIGHT NOW as that guy with the "amazing density". However, as you know, the reality is you are not that dense back there.....but you can make yourself look that dense which is what that pic in the blue did. HENCE, WHY WE CALL IT AN ILLUSION OF DENSITY. It looks thick to others but it's not really that thick! However, who cares! All that matters is the illusion! If you can get the illusion of density, you have won!

You don't know how to evaluate pics.

Edited by matt3480

9 hours ago, matt3480 said:

Huh? What are you talking about? Again, your pics (of you) shows you have hair in the midsection and front and less in the crown. If you grew you hair 3-4 inches and combed it back, you WOULD LOOK THE SAME RIGHT NOW as that guy with the "amazing density". However, as you know, the reality is you are not that dense back there.....but you can make yourself look that dense which is what that pic in the blue did. HENCE, WHY WE CALL IT AN ILLUSION OF DENSITY. It looks thick to others but it's not really that thick! However, who cares! All that matters is the illusion! If you can get the illusion of density, you have won!

You don't know how to evaluate pics.

I've combed my hair back, you can see plenty of scalp

I've combed my hair back after blowdrying hard and fluffing it up. It's not even a quarter as impressive as that

DSCN5839.jpg.b42d89f90502967d6c8cff7c98c

my crown is bald as hell dude, there's no way to really comb over it

that dude is basically same case as me - challenged up top, supremely gifted on sides. He had 2800 grafts done - 70% of which were 3s and 4s. This is the result I'm expecting

Edited by AnalogFeel