10 days from 6 month point of transplant and still seeing nothing

43 minutes ago, densedream said:

My crown was like yours and also had thick donor.  After 6K grafts.. still some see through parts.  The crown is known as the blackhole for a reason,.

really? Can you post pre and after pics?

This dude was way more bald than me and he looks like a thick NW1.5 now with about same amount of grafts

2.jpg.7991ace272389aa3aaeeccba50421778.j

to 

8.jpg.e46b661c1960ade2a8bd1027e00420a9.j

that dude has 10/10 donor and hair traits but I would say I do too so why am I not getting results similar to that?

You can see in the original pics - my hair is every bit as thick as that and my donor density is absolutely supreme. I run my hands through my sides and it's like running my hand through the thickest rug you've ever felt in your life.

Edited by AnalogFeel

9 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

really? Can you post pre and after pics?

This dude was way more bald than me and he looks like a thick NW1.5 now with about same amount of grafts

2.jpg.7991ace272389aa3aaeeccba50421778.j

to 

8.jpg.e46b661c1960ade2a8bd1027e00420a9.j

that dude has 10/10 donor and hair traits but I would say I do too so why am I not getting results similar to that?

You can see in the original pics - my hair is every bit as thick as that and my donor density is absolutely supreme. I run my hands through my sides and it's like running my hand through the thickest rug you've ever felt in your life.

Go to Hasson and Wong for a procedure to fix your situation, I guarantee your experience will be completely different and you will get good growth. You made a mistake by not listening to what others recommended before you went for surgery, it should be obvious to you when looking at your terrible results.

When you say that most doctors have no patient posted results, you clearly did no research and don't have a clue what you're talking about. The number one best way to judge a surgeon is judging a consistently churned out set of patient posted results, and judging statistically what their success rate is. If they have virtually no patient posted results like Keller, you objectively cannot make a judgement about their quality, you have no statistical, fact based means of doing so. Plenty of Surgeons have significant numbers of patient posted results so this shows absolutely that you did no research, no one should go to a surgeon that doesn't have 15+ in the last 18 months minimum and ideally more, some examples being Erdogan, Lorenzo, Hasson/Wong, Feriduni, Bisanga, Keser or in the United States Diep.

You got a bad result because you didn't listen to people who are more knowledgeable than you or consider the facts properly, I doubt you'll do it but what you should do is consult Hasson/Wong or other surgeons experienced with higher norwoods and diffused cases like Erdogan and Lorenzo. Your frustration is purely your fault because you don't listen to people trying to help and got a shit result because of it, not to late to fix that though.

If this is a legit entry, I feel bad for you.  Not only did you lose a ton of grafts in an unsuccessful procedure, people are being hard on you.  My advice, stay positive.....hold tight for another 6 months then evaluate things. If you have the funds and time be sure to go to an elite surgeon. Don’t waste anymore grafts with other drs!

The pic you posted post-op is not really post-op; no redness, no grafts but anyway, now we know you won't post it. Keller must have pics of you post op...ask him.

I don't think you're legit but if you are - hang in there; stress leads to more problems so don't stress....crown is difficult area and takes time.

As of now just wait and watch for another 6 months and don't open new thread every week or month. After 6 months, if still no result, come back and discuss with this forum...Hasson/Wong might be able to do something with the donor you have left.

20 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

The pic you posted post-op is not really post-op; no redness, no grafts but anyway, now we know you won't post it. Keller must have pics of you post op...ask him.

I don't think you're legit but if you are - hang in there; stress leads to more problems so don't stress....crown is difficult area and takes time.

As of now just wait and watch for another 6 months and don't open new thread every week or month. After 6 months, if still no result, come back and discuss with this forum...Hasson/Wong might be able to do something with the donor you have left.

It is post-op, you can clearly see the red blotches where the grafts are even though the photo is horrible. In my opinion judging by the photo and another of Keller's cases, he is stating a larger number of grafts than he is actually doing in reality, or is mixing up hairs and grafts. Simply doesn't look anywhere close to the numbers he is stating.

2 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

It is post-op, you can clearly see the red blotches where the grafts are even though the photo is horrible. In my opinion judging by the photo and another of Keller's cases, he is stating a larger number of grafts than he is actually doing in reality, or is mixing up hairs and grafts. Simply doesn't look anywhere close to the numbers he is stating.

keep in mind i have diffuse loss so he put a lot of grafts in between native hairs but I easily believe the 4K grafts. He took a big strip and my density on sides is insane

3 hours ago, Panamera13 said:

is there any chance I don't see a significant improvement in next 6 months?

even keller's worst surgery here was a 10 times more significant result than mine. Keller said he generally gets about a 90 to 98% yield on his grafts. Even a 60% yield for me would make a huge difference because of my incredibly thick donor area

3 hours ago, petefromgreece said:

If this is a legit entry, I feel bad for you.  Not only did you lose a ton of grafts in an unsuccessful procedure, people are being hard on you.  My advice, stay positive.....hold tight for another 6 months then evaluate things. If you have the funds and time be sure to go to an elite surgeon. Don’t waste anymore grafts with other drs!

I really really don't want to do another surgeon 

and I was lead to believe Keller is elite. Look at peoples responses to him on here, baldtruthtalk and hairlosstalk. Everybody says he is a great doctor

• Administrators

You aren’t even at 6 months yet, there’s nothing else to do but wait. You may have suffered some shock loss, which can make the results take longer to appear. Remember, if you’ve suffered shock loss, the improvement from the transplanted grafts will appear minimal until the native hairs grow back. Just be patient and report back in a month.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So, you really don’t want to do another surgeon.  (Whatever that means in English).  You thought Keller was elite, a great doctor.  Yet, you are six months post HT, having serious concerns about your result, but can’t be bothered to drive an hour to have this elite, great, and very nice doctor take a look at your progress or lack thereof.  

Would you like me to call him for you?  You had surgery on June 29th?  

I’m dialing now...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SBSinNYC said:

So, you really don’t want to do another surgeon.  (Whatever that means in English).  You thought Keller was elite, a great doctor.  Yet, you are six months post HT, having serious concerns about your result, but can’t be bothered to drive an hour to have this elite, great, and very nice doctor take a look at your progress or lack thereof.  

Would you like me to call him for you?  You had surgery on June 29th?  

I’m dialing now...

im going out of town so i can't see him

50 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You aren’t even at 6 months yet, there’s nothing else to do but wait. You may have suffered some shock loss, which can make the results take longer to appear. Remember, if you’ve suffered shock loss, the improvement from the transplanted grafts will appear minimal until the native hairs grow back. Just be patient and report back in a month.

Have you ever seen a surgery with such an atrocious yield from a reputable surgeon?

is it unusual for growth to START at 6 month mark?

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, AnalogFeel said:

Have you ever seen a surgery with such an atrocious yield from a reputable surgeon?

is it unusual for growth to START at 6 month mark?

I wouldn’t say it’s atrocious, yea I’ve seen results like yours from several reputable surgeons. Unfortunately, some may not see noticeable growth until 6 months, even longer when shock loss is involved. It seems when something is on your mind you obsess about it and create several threads over and over again. I suggest taking time off from the boards and reporting back in another month. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I wouldn’t say it’s atrocious, yea I’ve seen results like yours from several reputable surgeons. Unfortunately, some may not see noticeable growth until 6 months, even longer when shock loss is involved. It seems when something is on your mind you obsess about it and create several threads over and over again. I suggest taking time off from the boards and reporting back in another month. 

what's the end result? Does it look decent in the end?

would it have really made that much difference going to hassan and wong over keller?

We cannot evaluate progress without some pictures showing where the grafts were placed.  Why don't you just ask Dr Keller for the photos he will have taken and post them here?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I just have a hard time believing your numbers unless you had a mini graft procedure. It isn't natural to have 90 percent 3s and 4s. I have also told you before that you absolutely do NOT have unusually thick or coarse hair and that was easy to see in your donor photos. 

I imagine that you will need to give Dr. Keller permission to discuss your case to get the facts out about it.  You should see nice improvements still after 5 months and 3 weeks. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

15 minutes ago, Spanker said:

I just have a hard time believing your numbers unless you had a mini graft procedure. It isn't natural to have 90 percent 3s and 4s. I have also told you before that you absolutely do NOT have unusually thick or coarse hair and that was easy to see in your donor photos. 

I imagine that you will need to give Dr. Keller permission to discuss your case to get the facts out about it.  You should see nice improvements still after 5 months and 3 weeks. 

I don't know what pictures you're looking at. I have the same very coarse, wiry, wavy, thick hair of Indian people

As far as donor density goes, look at the sides in the original pic in this thread. The density on the sides is supreme. If I grow it out just a bit, it's like a jungle on the sides. He showed me the 4K grafts, it was tons and tons of 3s and 4s

When I grow out my facial hair, it's the thickest, most dense facial hair you've ever seen. I have crazy thick hair everywhere except top of my head

Edited by AnalogFeel

I don’t know why u didn’t shave your head for a 4,000 graft procedure .. u n the doctor should of known better .. it’s difficult to transplant 4,000 graphs in between native hairs , n u made it even more difficult by not shaving it . U just made it really difficult for the clinic .  This requires a lot of skill n energy ... u didn’t put urself in a winning situation,   N  u expect to have good results ? 

It don’t matter how thick your hair is if it doesn’t grow . Well at least u have a lot of donor n beard hair . So 4K grafts down the drain won’t be as devasting to u as it would be to others who can’t make those kind of mistakes.. 

OP just so you and others  can look back on this thread in 6 months and see who was right all along I strongly suspect you will have no cosmetically noticeable improvement by the 12 month mark. Looking at your pic I don't believe for one second Keller actually did 4000 grafts either. Saying this just so you can look back and acknowledge that my recommendations of surgeons and assertions on your situation have been 100% right all along so in future you're more likely to trust me or trust other people here rather than ignoring every last shred of advice you're given.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

I don’t know why u didn’t shave your head for a 4,000 graft procedure .. u n the doctor should of known better .. it’s difficult to transplant 4,000 graphs in between native hairs , n u made it even more difficult by not shaving it . U just made it really difficult for the clinic .  This requires a lot of skill n energy ... u didn’t put urself in a winning situation,   N  u expect to have good results ? 

It don’t matter how thick your hair is if it doesn’t grow . Well at least u have a lot of donor n beard hair . So 4K grafts down the drain won’t be as devasting to u as it would be to others who can’t make those kind of mistakes.. 

I have the thickest facial hair known to mankind and should still have easily another 7000 grafts available

but I really really don't want another surgery

16 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

OP just so you and others  can look back on this thread in 6 months and see who was right all along I strongly suspect you will have no cosmetically noticeable improvement by the 12 month mark. Looking at your pic I don't believe for one second Keller actually did 4000 grafts either. Saying this just so you can look back and acknowledge that my recommendations of surgeons and assertions on your situation have been 100% right all along so in future you're more likely to trust me or trust other people here rather than ignoring every last shred of advice you're given.

You're saying I'm going to have almost zero yield from a 4000 graft surgery?

even worst surgeons should have a 60 to 70% yield right?

legend I forgot to tell you. They spray the native hair with this sticky stuff that makes it very easy to insert the new grafts

I strongly doubt that was issue. Keller been doing transplants and many of them for a long time. He knows what he is doing 

I listened to jean when I was researching doctors 😛  a young dude like that losing hair at an early age , will no doubt do more research n spend more hours than I ever will about hair transplants . so I listened to him n other members on here .: that’s why I’m also knowledgeable about the subject now .. so  u should do the same n start listening .. 

Edited by Legend007
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

I listened to jean when I was researching doctors 😛  a young dude like that losing hair at an early age , will no doubt do more research n spend more hours than I ever will about hair transplants . so I listened to him n other members on here .: that’s why I’m also knowledgeable about the subject now .. so  u should do the same n start listening .. 

I just don't understand how a different surgeon would have made this much of a difference?

Keller is extremely well recommended on 3 different sites. Are you guys saying he is garbage?