10 days from 6 month point of transplant and still seeing nothing

You really should contact your surgeon with your concerns...this all needs to be documented and you both need to be on the same page.

Your crown really looks no different and although the growth rate in the crown can be slower, you should be seeing at least some improvement.

If there are no changes in 12 months post-op, it's very possible that your surgeon would be willing to add more grafts there without charge, but if you do not communicate with him now, he's going to wonder why.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 hours ago, gillenator said:

You really should contact your surgeon with your concerns...this all needs to be documented and you both need to be on the same page.

Your crown really looks no different and although the growth rate in the crown can be slower, you should be seeing at least some improvement.

If there are no changes in 12 months post-op, it's very possible that your surgeon would be willing to add more grafts there without charge, but if you do not communicate with him now, he's going to wonder why.

Have you ever seen anybody like this get basically zero yield?

Just a piece of information for viewers of this thread to know. This guy is either trolling or hes not 100 % sane. He has a thread on Misc Bodybuilding forum (which is known for trolling) and his username is MagicWater https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176592111&p=1569236301#post1569236301.

Basically, he's a poster there who keeps talking about looksmaxing etc.. and people there already seem to be sick of his threads. You can tell it's most likely trolling by the choice of his words such as "supreme" or getting the best transplant known to mankind.

On the off chance that you're not trolling because that would seem like too much effort.  I also had a transplant 4 months ago and the results are not satisfying, It was a risk worth taking but what is done is done, all you can do is look towards the future and see how you can fix this. In the meantime, i would recommend using toppik and saving up some money for another doctor. And like all the posters here have said before, contact your Dr. immediately in the hopes you might get a refund because unfortunately, I doubt your going to have a significant change in the coming months like most people here like to say (12 months).

6 hours ago, hairaway said:

Just a piece of information for viewers of this thread to know. This guy is either trolling or hes not 100 % sane. He has a thread on Misc Bodybuilding forum (which is known for trolling) and his username is MagicWater https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176592111&p=1569236301#post1569236301.

Basically, he's a poster there who keeps talking about looksmaxing etc.. and people there already seem to be sick of his threads. You can tell it's most likely trolling by the choice of his words such as "supreme" or getting the best transplant known to mankind.

On the off chance that you're not trolling because that would seem like too much effort.  I also had a transplant 4 months ago and the results are not satisfying, It was a risk worth taking but what is done is done, all you can do is look towards the future and see how you can fix this. In the meantime, i would recommend using toppik and saving up some money for another doctor. And like all the posters here have said before, contact your Dr. immediately in the hopes you might get a refund because unfortunately, I doubt your going to have a significant change in the coming months like most people here like to say (12 months).

dude I posted post operation pics already. I'm not trolling

and you guys think it's really possible to have a surgery like this with basically zero to minimal yield? I'm a healthy young man. Why wouldn't all that hair transplanted grow in? Doctor Keller transplanted a HUGE amount of hair

It doesn’t matter what we think.  It doesn’t matter what you think.   You either will have a failed procedure or, in time, a successful one.   Do yourself and everyone else a favor and STFU and report back in a couple months.  There’s really nothing else to be done. 

2 hours ago, Dazed said:

ISN'T THIS THREAD DEAD YET?

you guys have to understand - I paid a ton of money and was promised the world by doctor Keller

6 months in, I'm getting minimal to no results. I'm going crazy

Edited by AnalogFeel

This thread is confusing and it seems I missed out on the background story however.

1. You are not even at 6 month, it is too early to call the procedure a failure

2. Without clear pre-, intra- and post-OP pics, we cannot give any advice. If you deleted them, ask you clinic to sent them again. If they do not have pictures, do not step another foot in there. 

3. Keller is not one of the clinics I followed closely, but IMO it doesn't matter if he is first or second tier, this does not explain the lack of growth 

4. Even the very best clinics have cases with almost zero growth it can be just such an X-factor case 

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

This thread is confusing and it seems I missed out on the background story however.

1. You are not even at 6 month, it is too early to call the procedure a failure

2. Without clear pre-, intra- and post-OP pics, we cannot give any advice. If you deleted them, ask you clinic to sent them again. If they do not have pictures, do not step another foot in there. 

3. Keller is not one of the clinics I followed closely, but IMO it doesn't matter if he is first or second tier, this does not explain the lack of growth 

4. Even the very best clinics have cases with almost zero growth it can be just such an X-factor case 

why would a very healthy young man get a zero growth transplant of nearly 11K hairs?

what happened with all that hair?

On 12/22/2018 at 3:21 PM, hairaway said:

lmfao

Seriously trying to help here because this thread is getting to be a joke and mods should consider blocking you or locking this thread otherwise.

Post good pics! This means pre op, right after placement and good pics from now. Your doctor should have these at the very lease. Email him and get them. No one here cares about how you feel you have grown to this point. It’s not relevant. Your pics will tell us how much you have or have not grown to this point. Although it won’t be your final result because it’s only 6 months.....if indeed it shows you haven’t grown at all...this would definitely be concerning and something Keller needs to explain.

Do not reply back with excuses or argue. Just post pics so we can assess. 

Also, are you on Fin? If not, legit chance you are growing from the HT but lost a ton of hair from shock loss and the end result is little overall gain from before surgery.

I know some do it....but you won’t see great results from someone who has a HT but isn’t on fin. They may very well see an improvement but it won’t be a home run. 

Edited by matt3480

On 12/24/2018 at 2:09 AM, matt3480 said:

Seriously trying to help here because this thread is getting to be a joke and mods should consider blocking you or locking this thread otherwise.

Post good pics! This means pre op, right after placement and good pics from now. Your doctor should have these at the very lease. Email him and get them. No one here cares about how you feel you have grown to this point. It’s not relevant. Your pics will tell us how much you have or have not grown to this point. Although it won’t be your final result because it’s only 6 months.....if indeed it shows you haven’t grown at all...this would definitely be concerning and something Keller needs to explain.

Do not reply back with excuses or argue. Just post pics so we can assess. 

Also, are you on Fin? If not, legit chance you are growing from the HT but lost a ton of hair from shock loss and the end result is little overall gain from before surgery.

I know some do it....but you won’t see great results from someone who has a HT but isn’t on fin. They may very well see an improvement but it won’t be a home run. 

I've been on fin for a year

rogaine for 4 years

nizoral for 6 months

I'm taking pics every few weeks man and I'm just not seeing anything

• 3 weeks later...

I'm nearing 7 month mark and i'm not seeing much coverage in the front behind the hairline, middle or crown. The hairline looks good but that was my lowest concern with this surgery

There are only 2 explanations here

1)I had very unrealistic expectations. I had a decent amount of native hair left and I figured 11K transplanted, considering my thick/wavy/coarse ethnic hair, would make me no longer noticeably bald (although obviously i would never have my teenage density)

2)The yield from the surgery was horrible

What's the answer here? Have there really been such well regarded doctors with such a terrible yield from a major surgery?

Is 11K hairs transplanted really such a small number? I basically have hair like Indian and Asian people, which is about twice the thickness of white people. This is like 22k hairs transplanted for a white person. Shouldn't I have seen a huge difference?

Edited by AnalogFeel

On 12/20/2018 at 10:45 PM, AnalogFeel said:

The 2nd pic is incredible density - looks like a very solid NW1.5 with zero diffuse loss. I don't care about lighting - no kind of lighting can make diffuse loss hair look that perfect. You can't even see a millimeter of scalp there.

I'm in the film business. Lighting is everything. I can take one pic of my hair from overhead with harsh lighting in my bathroom and nearly have a panic attack because I see patches of scalp. I can take another in my living room with no overhead light and it looks like I have Ryan Gosling hair — no scalp whatsoever. The lighting conditions in the two shots you posted are dramatically different. You have no idea what you're talking about, and this thread is exhausting. 

Edited by Since21

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

2 hours ago, Since21 said:

I'm in the film business. Lighting is everything. I can take one pic of my hair from overhead with harsh lighting in my bathroom and nearly have a panic attack because I see patches of scalp. I can take another in my living room with no overhead light and it looks like I have Ryan Gosling hair — no scalp whatsoever. The lighting conditions in the two shots you posted are dramatically different. You have no idea what you're talking about, and this thread is exhausting. 

can you answer the post right above yours?

How many times do we have to say: results take 12-18 months?

It is not true that all indian and asian have twice the thickness hair.  They vary just as much as any other race.  There are some more exceptional than others, but equally some have very average donors.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1 hour ago, 1978matt said:

How many times do we have to say: results take 12-18 months?

It is not true that all indian and asian have twice the thickness hair.  They vary just as much as any other race.  There are some more exceptional than others, but equally some have very average donors.

the results are the thickening you mean right? All the info online says I've basically seen all my growth by now and it's only going to get a little thicker from now.

in terms of just growth, i'm barely seeing any difference behind the hairline, middle and crown. 11k hairs is a huge number. Shouldn't I be seeing a huge difference?

on average, Indian and Asian people have hair that's about twice as thick as whites do. This is thickness of each strand, not overall density. You can see in the pics I posted in the OP that I have exceptionally thick hair

6 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

can you answer the post right above yours?

Oh heck no, I’m not getting sucked into this vortex of madness. 

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

10 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

There are only 2 explanations here

1)I had very unrealistic expectations. I had a decent amount of native hair left and I figured 11K transplanted, considering my thick/wavy/coarse ethnic hair, would make me no longer noticeably bald (although obviously i would never have my teenage density)

2)The yield from the surgery was horrible

What's the answer here? 

Both are quite possible.   However, your incessant childishness makes me think number 1 is the greater contributor.   It’s really embarrassing. 

Edited by SBSinNYC

• Administrators

In my opinion, it’s likely number 1. I even said your expectations we’re unrealistic before surgery. Also, there’s still time to grow at 7 months. At least you haven’t made a new thread, so that’s good.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.