First Time Poster

2 hours ago, pkipling said:

If I understand your situation correctly, it seems like the issue is less about aggressive MPB, and more about slight recession coupled with the more pressing cosmetic concern of you simply not being happy with the aesthetics of your forehead. Is that correct? 

If so, and a proper evaluation/family history shows that MPB isn't of great concern for you, then undergoing FUE to simply lower your hairline seems like a very viable option. With the proper framing and lowering, it may not even take much to make an aesthetically pleasing difference. 

You’re correct. My father isn’t balding and I don’t believe any of his brothers are, but my mother was adopted so I don’t know the history on that side. I would hope a 2000-2500 fue would fix the forehead and recession. Thanks for the reply 

• 3 weeks later...

I have had phone consultations with Tara from Rahal and a rep from H&W. Tara was really helpful and talked for about a half hour giving info and answering questions. Price is $8 per graft with H&W with a 10% discount. Price is $4.4 with Rahal (both USD). I was shocked by the price difference since both clinics do great work.  I was leaning towards Rahal before due to ease of travel. Still leaning towards them 

On 1/17/2019 at 12:42 PM, John Doe said:

I have had phone consultations with Tara from Rahal and a rep from H&W. Tara was really helpful and talked for about a half hour giving info and answering questions. Price is $8 per graft with H&W with a 10% discount. Price is $4.4 with Rahal (both USD). I was shocked by the price difference since both clinics do great work.  I was leaning towards Rahal before due to ease of travel. Still leaning towards them 

Great thread full of informative information from all these knowledgeable guys. Do both H&W and Rahal charge in USD for people outside of Canada?

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Kiwi Guy said:

Great thread full of informative information from all these knowledgeable guys. Do both H&W and Rahal charge in USD for people outside of Canada?

I believe Rahal charges CAD which is why the prices are appealing to Americans. The conversion rate is good. However, not sure what the conversion would be for New Zealand I would imagine pretty close.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I believe Rahal charges CAD which is why the prices are appealing to Americans. The conversion rate is good. However, not sure what the conversion would be for New Zealand I would imagine pretty close.

Thanks for replying so promptly Melvin, I appreciate that. Our conversion rate for Canada is quite good as well, whereas for the US it's ridiculously low and that is a big factor in why I'm seriously considering going with a Canadian surgeon such as H&W or Rahal over top US surgeons like Konior and Diep, especially as it pertains to FUE. Would love to keep picking the brains of the experienced posters such as yourself but I'm well aware this is about Johns questions and his journey so I'll wait my turn...

John you are asking the right questions and these guys are giving you some great answers. This site really does deserve a lot of credit for it's ability to inform those of us going through this hair transplant decision, kudos to you lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a video chat today for about 45 minutes. Everything went great with James and Dr Rahal. I might end up trying to get the surgery in May or June and deal with looking like a mutant most of the summer.  Rough quote is 2500 grafts. 

So the price is going to be approximately $16,500 Canadian $12,500. I plan on paying with my credit card for the $1500 deposit then the rest in cash. How does the conversion work on the credit card? Do I take the remaining $11,000, pay then Rahals office will take to a bank to convert? 

On 2/3/2019 at 12:38 PM, John Doe said:

Put my deposit down. My surgery date is scheduled for May in Ottawa. I’ll document the trip, pre, and post surgery when the time comes 

Congratulations man. In many ways, one of the harder parts is over: Choosing a surgeon and being courageous enough to schedule the appointment. You might experience lots of second guessing between now and then. My suggestion would be to keep track of any new questions you have that come up and reach out to the clinic every so often for reassurance if you need it (just don't call every other day lol). I found this to be very helpful in calming my anxiety leading up to my procedure. They also put me in touch with a former patient who was kind enough to make himself available to me to discuss his experience and help put my mind at ease. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2019 at 6:35 PM, pkipling said:

Congratulations man. In many ways, one of the harder parts is over: Choosing a surgeon and being courageous enough to schedule the appointment. You might experience lots of second guessing between now and then. My suggestion would be to keep track of any new questions you have that come up and reach out to the clinic every so often for reassurance if you need it (just don't call every other day lol). I found this to be very helpful in calming my anxiety leading up to my procedure. They also put me in touch with a former patient who was kind enough to make himself available to me to discuss his experience and help put my mind at ease. 

Thanks....the waiting game is the worst.  I wish I would have scheduled my surgery for September or October.  Summer and vacations is gonna be a struggle with the sun/uv rays.  I will make a new thread around the time I have my surgery and document the travel.