Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Also, on the asymmetrical hairline point, check out NFL Chad (aka Tom Brady's) hairline.

Good enough for a VS model wife...

image.png.b081f8856ae0e854853adc10a5fe88a8.png

My hairline is asymmetrical also, I think the majority of guys who have slight recession have slight asymmetry.  


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

image.png.b79bde521ef7e46dbe5bf344f0918a7b.png

Appreciate  the response BLM, unless i’ve missed something Diep hasn’t responded you your original question as why exhaust one side of the head for donor. I’m due for a HT next week (not with Diep) and is it something I should be requesting because i fail to understand the thought process beyond it. Anyway, good luck on your journey & don’t be letting the girls pull at your new hair in a moment of passion!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raker said:

Appreciate  the response BLM, unless i’ve missed something Diep hasn’t responded you your original question as why exhaust one side of the head for donor. I’m due for a HT next week (not with Diep) and is it something I should be requesting because i fail to understand the thought process beyond it. Anyway, good luck on your journey & don’t be letting the girls pull at your new hair in a moment of passion!!

Yeah, wasn't trying to be a smartass, just thought the pic was funny.

Although Dr. Diep never called me personally, his clinic responded saying that the harvesting from one side is to limit scar tissue making future extractions more likely to be successful. 

I'm not 100% happy with this as I wasn't necessarily planning on having another procedure (at least not in the next 5-10 years). I've been holding my native hair on finasteride for over 5 years so I don't think this is too aggressive of an assumption. That, coupled with new treatments in the pipeline (histogen, cloning, etc.), makes me think another procedure isn't necessarily a given.

That being said, it is what it is at this point. Dr. Diep has been producing homerun results for years now so I'm trying to just focus on what I can control (i.e., following post-op instructions, good nutrition, avoid sunburn, etc.).

Could you either post a link to your thread ITT or PM me a link? Would be interested in following it. Best of luck with your upcoming procedure Raker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Yeah, wasn't trying to be a smartass, just thought the pic was funny.

Although Dr. Diep never called me personally, his clinic responded saying that the harvesting from one side is to limit scar tissue making future extractions more likely to be successful. 

I'm not 100% happy with this as I wasn't necessarily planning on having another procedure (at least not in the next 5-10 years). I've been holding my native hair on finasteride for over 5 years so I don't think this is too aggressive of an assumption. That, coupled with new treatments in the pipeline (histogen, cloning, etc.), makes me think another procedure isn't necessarily a given.

That being said, it is what it is at this point. Dr. Diep has been producing homerun results for years now so I'm trying to just focus on what I can control (i.e., following post-op instructions, good nutrition, avoid sunburn, etc.).

Could you either post a link to your thread ITT or PM me a link? Would be interested in following it. Best of luck with your upcoming procedure Raker!

BLM, appreciate the humor, at times there’s little enough on the site. No problem posting my journey probably be in at least a couple of weeks after the surgery when I’m in receipt of all the pics & data etc. The strange thing is in preparation of the surgery I had the hairdresser shave most of my head and it didn’t  look as bad as I expected, strange old world. Cheers 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 7:58 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

No ones trying to convince you. 

I’m still waiting on your response mr moderator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 1:24 AM, baldlivesmatter said:

Also, on the asymmetrical hairline point, check out NFL Chad (aka Tom Brady's) hairline.

Good enough for a VS model wife...

image.png.b081f8856ae0e854853adc10a5fe88a8.png

I don’t think it was his hairline that won his wife over. Try his bank balance 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raker said:

I’m still waiting on your response mr moderator. 

Still waiting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Anyone here use minoxidil post-transplant to speed up results?

Dr. Diep said it was recommended and fine to use now at 5 weeks post-op.

Anyone with experience on this?

Hesitant in case it irritates the scalp...

I used it for all of my procedures, but I used it regularly before. If you don't use minoxidil I wouldn't start, you can have a bad shed.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Oral minoxidil 5mg per day,  starting a week after the HT 

There was a scientific paper showing that alcohol prevents the connection  between new blood vessels and the new grafts but I cannot find the link anymore 

Also PG can be irritating

Minox will help with growth for sure 

It will strengthen the hair follicles and I would not worry about a shed this is due to the change in hair cycles similar to a shed after a HT

Edited by elduterino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 2:30 PM, nb98 said:

I don’t think it was his hairline that won his wife over. Try his bank balance 😉

Are you kidding?? She makes twice as much money as he does. She’s definitely the sugar momma of that pairing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 9:19 PM, yesplease said:

Are you kidding?? She makes twice as much money as he does. She’s definitely the sugar momma of that pairing. 

Yeah, according to this article she has a net worth of $360M, twice Brady's of $180M.

Hopefully he never goes bald...

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/what-is-gisele-bundchens-net-worth-she-makes-more-than-tom-brady-its-amazing-8011400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 7:21 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I used it for all of my procedures, but I used it regularly before. If you don't use minoxidil I wouldn't start, you can have a bad shed.

Decided to add it just on the transplant area.

It looks pretty bad at this point so figured even if there was a shed, which doesn't seem to be the case yet, it wouldn't look much worse than it currently does and will likely speed up the ugly duckling phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea pimples are a sign of hairs to come. 

  • Thanks 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about the pimples forming as a result of the new hairs pushing through the skin.  Would it be okay to use something like retin-A to not only treat the pimple like lesions but to thin the skin in the recpient area so the hairs can "push" through easier?

Just a thought.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Fue doc in thaliand  gave me 2 different antibiotic acne creams in case of pimples

Used it on one and it vanshied in 2 days 

Didnt the doc give you anything? 

Edited by elduterino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Month update

Ugly duckling phase is no joke.

I shaved my head weekly with a 0 guard for my first procedure so it wasn't as tough but this time I've just been letting it grow as I've read some claims of hair clippers damaging grafts. Even though Dr. Diep says it's fine after 2 weeks, i'm erring on the side of caution. Currently looks like shit though.

Caboki still looks a little powderey in the hair, due to lack of length and density. I wore it to the gym today and I think it was passable but not great. Probably give it another week or so before wearing it into the office.

Also added minoxidil around week 5 to help speed up the growth and have been taking biotin since about week 2 post-op. Seeing little sprouts but not sure if they're transplanted hair or just shock loss hair growing back.

Front

image.thumb.png.de015a6a7b7db74c1e806eee07bc013f.png

Overhead

image.png.6bb275f53ceedaf7f0483eeb346fae15.png

Overhead 2

image.png.80c92b8ff5fbe7220ff85c01ecd6e4ea.png

Donor

image.png.ca4d413217c88584437725c559cacce6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea it's tough at this stage, the good news is that your donor looks 100% healed and looks like you still have good density.

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your donor looks untouched lol. I don't think you need to be worrying about the extraction of just the right side anymore. Do you have any pics you can take of your donor from the back currently from different angles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, shookwon33 said:

your donor looks untouched lol. I don't think you need to be worrying about the extraction of just the right side anymore. Do you have any pics you can take of your donor from the back currently from different angles?

Ask and ye shall receive ;)

I wouldn't necessarily say untouched, but I think it's healing well and encouraging for 2 months post-op.

Right (closer)

image.png.3945f8a247937177c504f900b913033c.png

Left (untouched side)

image.png.f9cb0e64876839bb11f27acb577c195b.png

Back

image.png.f31b16119ec864107384e8ae8d7ceb9d.png

Back 2

image.png.f513c4716fc2a81bcdb2b31b6b349522.png

Back 3

image.png.f18ddcceb6ae08ba70113108b981a7d8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×