1700 Grafts with Dr. Diep

• 5 weeks later...

Alright boys, month 3 pics below.

This month was hard as I was hoping for early growth (given Acell and Minoxidil) but haven't seen any. 

Native hair is still not quite long enough to use Toppik/Caboki without it looking like powder (hairline is always the hardest place to apply) so I've been wearing hats pretty much every time I go out.

Noticed some buds so hopefully this is the month they sprout. 

Still looking better than at 2 month mark so hoping for continual improvement. 

Overhead

image.png.458d5fbe57600b248fbb68d4d1daf759.png

Frontal  1

image.png.55499494b5b531c438c5f2972ffac9f2.png

Donor (right side)

image.png.d6a348b9551bb0453d3f6b7defe69149.png

Donor (back)

image.png.4c53d11fe8c74987d03b607f33dc5ffb.png

Donor (left)

image.png.cd007692ea713060c5ef93255c8eab4d.png

Frontal 2

image.png.692c52d35c0f0e4b26efb628c22541f7.png

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PlzRespond said:

How’d the tinder dates go

😂 inquiring minds want to know.

btw everything is looking on track blm. In fact your hairline looks alot like mine did.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/3/2019 at 3:00 PM, PlzRespond said:

How’d the tinder dates go

LOL! Right to the important stuff! Love it!

I actually pumped the brakes a little bit on dating. Not gonna lie, the last 2 months have been a bit of a rollercoaster with me oscillating between being encouraged by seeing budding hairs and worrying that it's not filling in and i'll have a shitty result. Not the best headspace to be wife hunting, IMO. Also, figured that the hat route is OK for a first and maybe second date but after that it starts to get a bit suspect. Hard facade to keep up for multiple weeks/months. I do have a date tomorrow though so we'll see how that goes.

I did start training for a Spartan Race though so that's helped keep my mind off the plugs.  

On 4/3/2019 at 4:06 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

😂 inquiring minds want to know.

btw everything is looking on track blm. In fact your hairline looks alot like mine did.

Dude, that's so good to hear considering you got the GOAT FUE Diep result!

Just checked your thread and looks like I have about 6 more weeks until it really pops.

Just in time for summer! Exciting times!

• Like 2

• Administrators

Yea by month 5 it should be really exciting. I mean the outline is already there just like mine was at that time.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Fellas,

Got a haircut yesterday so figured I'd add a few pics.

Overall I'm very encouraged by the progress in the recipient area (I'm at about 3 and a half months).

Donor is a bit rough, below is cut at a 3 guard.  Hoping this continues to heal up as expected.

Will post 4 month update in a few weeks.

Donor (right)

image.png.df3405939e9b714f91e2eb4af54a96e6.png

Donor (back)

image.png.71b127a54db595839da11d54a240cd0c.png

Donor (left for reference)

image.png.dd6274729670d748a813959cacb60318.png

Donor (left 2)

image.png.ad3c136eac651bcf68b61e5d6297636e.png

Overhead

image.png.51568b518e218be67f62d40c098bdf4b.png

Overhead (2)

image.png.5eba84027e19ac60acdfa09d21789ec2.png

Overhead (soft lighting)

image.png.017e8809a3cfbad79619df874a011b3d.png

Frontal (soft lighting)

image.png.bf8a0032ae42403e38f1a107ec16329f.png

Frontal (soft lighting 2)

image.png.96d755a02b3f97321853e27f9f6b0ac1.png

Overhead (soft lighting 2)

image.png.14221089e5ed642f53db6c8212db7388.png

1 hour ago, shookwon33 said:

looking great! im guessing the first few pictures in the bathroom were "harsh lighting" vs the soft lighting pics ?

Thanks Shoowon!

Yes, to clarify the "harsh lighting" pics are comparable to my prior pics and were all taken in my bathroom with the vanity lights on.

The soft lighting is just in other rooms in the house, not directly under a light.

I think the combination paints a more complete picture.

1 hour ago, RecessionProof said:

Very nice! I take it Toppik is quite a bit more effective at this point? 

Thanks RecessionProof!

Yes, Toppik is more effective now, although not perfect since my loss is in the very front.

I've had a bit of luck applying Toppik to the mid scalp and leaning forward while patting my head. This disperses a more conservative amount.

I did get called out by a friend who knows I had work done for having powder on my head so my technique still needs some refining lol!

39 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

Growth for 3 1/2 months looks very good.

Did Dr Diep or his techs do your extractions with a manual punch or was it motorized?

Thanks Vic!

Dr. Diep did the extractions himself.

Not really sure on the manual vs motorized punch as he gave me his "Bill Cosby Cocktail" beforehand, so I don't really remember the details--but I'm assuming it's just whichever one he usually uses.

4 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

good growth :) good luck for more to come 

Dr Diep's work looks clean.... how much time will it take for donor to cover up nicely ? i guess 1 year wait 

Thanks HLP!

Not really sure on donor healing timeline but I've read it's pretty consistent with the 1 year growth period.

Melvin saw continued healing after the 5 month mark if i remember correctly, so that's encouraging.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The results look very encouraging at this point. There’s a sweet spot for donor lengths as well. Try to go to a #1 see how it looks. Sometimes the shorter the better or longer the better. There’s an awkward in between length that makes things look worse.

• Like 1

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...

Alright Gents--4 month update (time really flies).

Overall happy with the progress.

Donor is still a bit thin, though recipient is looking better everyday.

I have stopped using concealer (which was one of the main goals of this procedure) and instead just style my hair with minoxidil foam in the mornings. Obviously it's not perfect, but it doesn't look like an obvious transplant at this point so not a big deal.

Overhead

image.png.fe7d2aa12b04826fc43757761cee1ceb.png

Frontal

image.png.1dd9b4b9d79f4e632d77865bc2d0d140.png

Donor (right)

image.png.c5be5dd25b0ac012845e603744c2f52b.png

Donor (back)

image.png.d6c02a1e6e63b9b7eee247329bd3e1ef.png

Donor (left--for comparison)

image.png.b85664bba12f5b3e99a37605b9b2bfa2.png

Frontal (soft lighting)

image.png.8bbc54a84b7dfd828f631d28e3d99dad.png

Overhead (soft lighting)

image.png.1090581b9f1db94d6fef370b2bcddb13.png

• Administrators

Wow you’re growing like wild fire, I’m pretty sure this is gonna be a homerun. Don’t forget about us baldies 😁 keep us updated every once in a while.

• Like 1

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...

That 4 month progress is great bro, I think this will be a really nice result, I really don't think you need to worry about any additional transplants for quite some time as you have zero crown loss and your entire frontal third will be set after this.

Edited by Payam
  • Like 1

@baldlivesmatter Just had my surgery with Dr. Diep yesterday and he also harvest my grafts mainly from just one side. He elavorated the rationale behind this and it makes complete sense so I was fine with it. By 12 months coming around there will be no notice that 1 side is more sparse than the other in the donor area! Just wanted to let you know

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, shookwon33 said:

@baldlivesmatter Just had my surgery with Dr. Diep yesterday and he also harvest my grafts mainly from just one side. He elavorated the rationale behind this and it makes complete sense so I was fine with it. By 12 months coming around there will be no notice that 1 side is more sparse than the other in the donor area! Just wanted to let you know

Dude, appreciate the update @shookwon33! Figured with the number of surgeries he does the one-side harvest is an okay method.

Hope your procedure went well, and looking forward to following your updates.

I'd recommend reading the post-op instructions at least once a day the first few weeks to make sure you don't miss anything.

I'll post a 5 month update in a few days, but spoiler alert--it's lookin good 😎 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 11:12 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow you’re growing like wild fire, I’m pretty sure this is gonna be a homerun. Don’t forget about us baldies 😁 keep us updated every once in a while.

Lol, "baldies". That's OUR word!

This site has been so helpful, i'll make sure to update at least monthly through 12 months post-op.

After that, I'll likely be living the good life of a non-norwood (e.g., supermodel orgies, constant promotions at work, etc.) but i'll try to make some time to log-in now and then ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 Month Update

Overall month 5 showed the most progress of any month so far.

At this point I'm more or less happy with the recipient area--as it looks good in social situations IMO and i don't need to use concealers.

Still hoping my donor area heals up a bit more.

Overhead

image.png.690a87043e0ad1730ed7299a18ac809f.png

Frontal

image.png.8f5b3817155816fde0ccc8f5a96565cc.png

Right (donor)

image.png.a22be8887695f35d745355cc827e9b01.png

Left (donor)

image.png.ef32ef9a323e8e9e9613bbd1fd2f9cdb.png

Back (donor)

image.png.29350927e51696919c45211b951f886d.png

Right Donor (Soft Lighting)

image.png.84ea92fda692c400657c087fb3f1c2e1.png

Left Donor (Soft Lighting)

image.png.0320f0d6d2eb21076bd1b3558ca2d090.png

Back Donor (Soft Lighting)

image.png.17491803b59cc7be198ad0eb19d89b27.png

Frontal (Soft Lighting)

image.png.85c59268337c46a0ecdbb7553c94f1da.png

Heyyyy @baldlivesmatter , soooo good to see you man. Sorry I was not that active on this forum recently . 
Thanks for the mention in the original post. We sure have been through a roller coaster ride, but well hey what good is life without a thrill man ? 

I applaud your courage to stick through. Going to Dr Diep was a wise option.
And looks like you have got a home run this time mate. The results look stellar for five months and I am sure there is much more to come in the following months. 
Hang tight and enjoy this ride.

After 7 months you are going to stand in front of the mirror and feel like you never lost your hair.
I bet even no one can look at you and say "this dude has a hair transplant" .