Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Also, on the asymmetrical hairline point, check out NFL Chad (aka Tom Brady's) hairline.

Good enough for a VS model wife...

image.png.b081f8856ae0e854853adc10a5fe88a8.png

My hairline is asymmetrical also, I think the majority of guys who have slight recession have slight asymmetry.  


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

image.png.b79bde521ef7e46dbe5bf344f0918a7b.png

Appreciate  the response BLM, unless i’ve missed something Diep hasn’t responded you your original question as why exhaust one side of the head for donor. I’m due for a HT next week (not with Diep) and is it something I should be requesting because i fail to understand the thought process beyond it. Anyway, good luck on your journey & don’t be letting the girls pull at your new hair in a moment of passion!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raker said:

Appreciate  the response BLM, unless i’ve missed something Diep hasn’t responded you your original question as why exhaust one side of the head for donor. I’m due for a HT next week (not with Diep) and is it something I should be requesting because i fail to understand the thought process beyond it. Anyway, good luck on your journey & don’t be letting the girls pull at your new hair in a moment of passion!!

Yeah, wasn't trying to be a smartass, just thought the pic was funny.

Although Dr. Diep never called me personally, his clinic responded saying that the harvesting from one side is to limit scar tissue making future extractions more likely to be successful. 

I'm not 100% happy with this as I wasn't necessarily planning on having another procedure (at least not in the next 5-10 years). I've been holding my native hair on finasteride for over 5 years so I don't think this is too aggressive of an assumption. That, coupled with new treatments in the pipeline (histogen, cloning, etc.), makes me think another procedure isn't necessarily a given.

That being said, it is what it is at this point. Dr. Diep has been producing homerun results for years now so I'm trying to just focus on what I can control (i.e., following post-op instructions, good nutrition, avoid sunburn, etc.).

Could you either post a link to your thread ITT or PM me a link? Would be interested in following it. Best of luck with your upcoming procedure Raker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Yeah, wasn't trying to be a smartass, just thought the pic was funny.

Although Dr. Diep never called me personally, his clinic responded saying that the harvesting from one side is to limit scar tissue making future extractions more likely to be successful. 

I'm not 100% happy with this as I wasn't necessarily planning on having another procedure (at least not in the next 5-10 years). I've been holding my native hair on finasteride for over 5 years so I don't think this is too aggressive of an assumption. That, coupled with new treatments in the pipeline (histogen, cloning, etc.), makes me think another procedure isn't necessarily a given.

That being said, it is what it is at this point. Dr. Diep has been producing homerun results for years now so I'm trying to just focus on what I can control (i.e., following post-op instructions, good nutrition, avoid sunburn, etc.).

Could you either post a link to your thread ITT or PM me a link? Would be interested in following it. Best of luck with your upcoming procedure Raker!

BLM, appreciate the humor, at times there’s little enough on the site. No problem posting my journey probably be in at least a couple of weeks after the surgery when I’m in receipt of all the pics & data etc. The strange thing is in preparation of the surgery I had the hairdresser shave most of my head and it didn’t  look as bad as I expected, strange old world. Cheers 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 7:58 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

No ones trying to convince you. 

I’m still waiting on your response mr moderator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 1:24 AM, baldlivesmatter said:

Also, on the asymmetrical hairline point, check out NFL Chad (aka Tom Brady's) hairline.

Good enough for a VS model wife...

image.png.b081f8856ae0e854853adc10a5fe88a8.png

I don’t think it was his hairline that won his wife over. Try his bank balance 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raker said:

I’m still waiting on your response mr moderator. 

Still waiting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Anyone here use minoxidil post-transplant to speed up results?

Dr. Diep said it was recommended and fine to use now at 5 weeks post-op.

Anyone with experience on this?

Hesitant in case it irritates the scalp...

I used it for all of my procedures, but I used it regularly before. If you don't use minoxidil I wouldn't start, you can have a bad shed.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Oral minoxidil 5mg per day,  starting a week after the HT 

There was a scientific paper showing that alcohol prevents the connection  between new blood vessels and the new grafts but I cannot find the link anymore 

Also PG can be irritating

Minox will help with growth for sure 

It will strengthen the hair follicles and I would not worry about a shed this is due to the change in hair cycles similar to a shed after a HT

Edited by elduterino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 2:30 PM, nb98 said:

I don’t think it was his hairline that won his wife over. Try his bank balance 😉

Are you kidding?? She makes twice as much money as he does. She’s definitely the sugar momma of that pairing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×