where are you guys taking first dates? I hope not 5 star restaurants that would get expensive. I’ve met a lot of dates for coffee or a drink at a dive bar. I’m not wearing a tux lol. Just casual, first dates you’re feeling the person out. 

BLM you’ll be fine, but I’d still use concealer just in case you do take your hat off. Plus, it’s good to casually take it off from time to time just so she knows you’re not hiding anything. I usually just take it off to re-adjust the hat. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

24 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

where are you guys taking first dates? I hope not 5 star restaurants that would get expensive. I’ve met a lot of dates for coffee or a drink at a dive bar. I’m not wearing a tux lol. Just casual, first dates you’re feeling the person out. 

^^^this guy tinders!

Yeah, not going to Dorsia for a first date with someone I've never met lol.

Thursday is a drink at a local dive bar, Sunday is coffee.

24 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

BLM you’ll be fine, but I’d still use concealer just in case you do take your hat off. Plus, it’s good to casually take it off from time to time just so she knows you’re not hiding anything. I usually just take it off to re-adjust the hat. 

But I am hiding something! lol

Can't use concealer for tomorrow as still within 2 week post surgery window (I know, probably fine--but no way am I gonna risk it).

Will consider concealer for Sunday but tbh, I'd way rather err on the side of caution. Plenty of fish in the sea (especially if the plugs grow in nicely).

• Haha 1

Is there a way to change the title to "1700 grafts with Dr. Diep"?

I was quoted 1300 but ultimately got 1683.

Don't want the title to be misleading.

2 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Is there a way to change the title to "1700 grafts with Dr. Diep"?

I was quoted 1300 but ultimately got 1683.

Don't want the title to be misleading.

Thanks for letting me know. I will change it now because yea that's a big difference.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Day 15 update.

Overall looks to be healing quite nicely.

Recipient area looks fully healed to me. Donor still has a bit to go.

I evened out the hair length today so everything is at approximately 5mm.

Been going out without a hat to gauge reactions and overall seems it's not particularly conspicuous.

Overhead

image.png.52fe47ce9975f12946053a73d8eb6c11.png

Front

image.png.07a3875e906de9c9f092623abe3dc124.png

Donor (Right)

image.png.31d66eba091877b88cf9106ba59e02c8.png

Donor Right (more natural light)

image.png.ea546adfe734096bbd2c95af4be7c572.png

Donor (back)

image.png.288578d1a357b1ed37deb1bb50b1c6e8.png

Donor Left (for comparison)

image.png.6d45e35f2bcd9f8d1a3b12d16433383d.png

image.png

Also, looks like I don't need to be in the office until Wednesday so this gives me an additional 2 days for a reduction in redness.

I'm thinking by then it may be passable w/o dermmatch and if not I'll add a light layer to the donor only. 

Hopefully this helps provide a timeline for when one can return to work post Diep FUE.

The hairline looks really good and as you can see the asymmetry is less visible with hair. In fact, it looks fairly symmetrical with short hair, with long hair it will look a lot better. The donor isn't too bad, it just looks kinda reddish, I think there might be some scabs still lingering too. In another 5 days you'll be good.

• Like 1

U seem to be healing well .. it doesn’t look too bad .. just looks like u got a buzz cut n kinda reddish only .. ur hair pre-op wasn’t too bad .. this should give it that extra boost in the hairline .. thanks for keeping us updated .. 

• Like 1

Isn't this doc doing Fut

Makes sense for fut you don't need one scar on each side but for Fue this is just very poor donor management