How to select a top hair transplant surgeon is the most crucial component in ensuring you get the best result.   In fact, we always encourage those looking into the procedure to research all surgeons they are considering.   Recently, we published an article siding a few of the things you should look for in a surgeon. You can see it at “How To Select a Top Hair Transplant Surgeon”. 

You are encouraged to read the above article and then share some of  The proponents that you look for in a surgeon and that you would recommend others do too. 

Your thoughts?

Bill

honestly my thought on it is: just pick one of the top surgeons that are recommended on this site (some more than others). The rest is out of your hands and is almost luck. 

Im not saying to not do your research, but all of these guys are qualified in one way or another. It just comes down to preference and pros and cons

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

honestly my thought on it is: just pick one of the top surgeons that are recommended on this site (some more than others). The rest is out of your hands and is almost luck. 

Im not saying to not do your research, but all of these guys are qualified in one way or another. It just comes down to preference and pros and cons

There are many top surgeons not recommended on this website that are worth considering but as you say beyond choosing the surgeon we’re in the hands of the gods. 

@Raker

I appreciate your input.  Since we do aim to recommend surgeons that are doing top notch work, if there are some not recommended by this community that you know of that you think we should consider, please go ahead and list them.

You said there are a lot of them, however, most of the ones people mention on a regular basis are already recommended with the exception of a few. But, we are certainly open to considering others for recommendation so please list those you know about  and we can go ahead and contact them about being considered.  

Thanks,

Bill

33 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

Hey Bill,

Why isn’t Dr Couto a recommended surgeon?...he has a plethora of fantastic results.

thanks.

4 year waiting list. No reason to pay for a recommendation listing when the marketing isn't needed.

8 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

4 year waiting list. No reason to pay for a recommendation listing when the marketing isn't needed.

True, makes sense.

Although...I think he (Couto) should do it anyway, help support the community a bit, I don’t really see it as “marketing” I see this form more as a way propel good advice good surgeons leading to good results, but business is business I guess.

Edited by VicTNYC

1 hour ago, VicTNYC said:

True, makes sense.

Although...I think he (Couto) should do it anyway, help support the community a bit, I don’t really see it as “marketing” I see this form more as a way propel good advice good surgeons leading to good results, but business is business I guess.

Nothing against the standards here, but his reputation is so far above the average even on a site like this that I think maybe from his perspective he's better off maintaining that lone ideal of perfection that he's viewed for  in general than associating with a broader range of surgeons of varying standards. I suspect that's his thought process anyway, definitely one of the few in that position

• Administrators

While agree the results are impressive, this community demands accountability. Now I’m not saying this particular doctor doesn’t want to be held accountable, but there have been some doctors withdraw their participation requests because they may be held accountable publicly. This is why choosing a doctor that participates in this community is important. There is a recourse for dissatisfied patients. Not every result will be a success regardless of the surgeon, it’s good to have peace of mind in regards to actual recourse.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

@Raker

I appreciate your input.  Since we do aim to recommend surgeons that are doing top notch work, if there are some not recommended by this community that you know of that you think we should consider, please go ahead and list them.

You said there are a lot of them, however, most of the ones people mention on a regular basis are already recommended with the exception of a few. But, we are certainly open to considering others for recommendation so please list those you know about  and we can go ahead and contact them about being considered.  

Thanks,

Bill

Bill

A few that come to mind, though all European based. However, they may not want the exposure on this forum but examples of their work is available elsewhere.

Spain - Dr Lorenzo, Dr Vila, Dr Freitas & Dr Couto

Turkey - Dr Keser, Dr Kaan & Dr Oztan

Belgium - Dr Feriduni 

UK - Dr Ball

Portugal - Dr Ferreira 

Cheers

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Raker said:

Bill

A few that come to mind, though all European based. However, they may not want the exposure on this forum but examples of their work is available elsewhere.

Belgium - Dr Feriduni 

UK - Dr Ball

Portugal - Dr Ferreira 

Cheers

Dr. Feriduni is a participating physician. In fact, he is a coalition member. 

6914EA6F-0964-4016-A5CC-1BD110472A17.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Raker said:

What country is he under? 

He comes up under the general search. However, he isn’t showing up under the specific country search, that will be corrected shortly. 

View my thread

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

While agree the results are impressive, this community demands accountability. Now I’m not saying this particular doctor doesn’t want to be held accountable, but there have been some doctors withdraw their participation requests because they may be held accountable publicly. This is why choosing a doctor that participates in this community is important. There is a recourse for dissatisfied patients. Not every result will be a success regardless of the surgeon, it’s good to have peace of mind in regards to actual recourse.

I get what @JeanLDD is saying and it’s understandable if that’s Dr Couto’s reasons, but I definitely agree that accountability and patient recourse it highly important than nicely produced YouTube videos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 6:50 PM, Raker said:

Bill

Belgium - Dr Feriduni 

UK - Dr Ball

Portugal - Dr Ferreira 

Cheers

Hello Raker. Regarding Dr. Ferreira in Portugal, could you tell me his 1st name and/or clinic?

Thanks!

Edited by keltharan

5 hours ago, keltharan said:

Hello Raker. Regarding Dr. Ferreira in Portugal, could you tell me his 1st name and/or clinic?

Thanks!

Keltharan - I think this is his website - (promotional link removed) although, I’m assuming he splits his time between Madrid & Porto now. Good luck