Question About Growth

Hello,

I am at 6 months now and my hairline has really come through rather thick now. However, I've noticed that the hairs transplanted behind my hairline seem to be coming in slower. Do hair transplant results usually come in a front-to-back fashion? 

Thanks.

• Moderators

Hair is usually placed at a higher density at the hairline because that's what people see when they look at you. The Dr will try to place more grafts there to create the best overall appearance due to the fact that donor hair is limited, so you may have a lower density behind the hairline.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

22 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Hair is usually placed at a higher density at the hairline because that's what people see when they look at you. The Dr will try to place more grafts there to create the best overall appearance due to the fact that donor hair is limited, so you may have a lower density behind the hairline.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I've noticed that the doctor has implanted at a lower density behind the hairline. Thank you for reminding me of that. Would it be advisable to go for a second surgery to thicken up that area? I know hair transplants are about creating an illusion of density but I would really like to have the closest I can get to natural density.

• Moderators

At 6 months you still have some growth and thickening that will happen, so if I were you I would just wait a few more months to see how well it turns out. You may end up feeling like you don't need any more in that area.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

At 6 months you still have some growth and thickening that will happen, so if I were you I would just wait a few more months to see how well it turns out. You may end up feeling like you don't need any more in that area.

I guess patience for the next 3-4 months is all I've got. I'm in the same camp as those who believe that no new sprouts occur after the 9th-10th month mark. How drastic of a change did you undergo between your 6th to 12th month?