How can you tell if your donor area has been overharvested or if its shockloss

How can you tell if a thin donor, initially, is because of shockloss or if it was over harvested, do they look any different ? 

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

• Administrators

How many grafts were removed? Hard to say without pictures.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I mean guys that complain on here about shockloss in the donor after a FUE procedure, is it just too many grafts taken out in a smaller area ( not spread out) in the donor ? Is there any difference in how they look in terms of thinness ? 

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

I mean guys that complain on here about shockloss in the donor after a FUE procedure, is it just too many grafts taken out in a smaller area ( not spread out) in the donor ? Is there any difference in how they look in terms of thinness ? 

Shock loss occurs because of trauma, shock loss can occur with strip and FUE because the surrounding hairs are shocked during harvest. It’s usually a visible difference. However, I can’t say without pictures.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Have you ever done an article on this one Melvin? I'd be curious to see the difference myself and how you can tell the difference between shock loss, over-harvesting, and white pigment scarring

Actually I have check it out

Hair Transplant Surgery Donor Depletion or Shock Loss?

View my thread