FUT and the Gym

Hi all,

If you have had FUT, what was the recommendation by your surgeon for how long you should wait before lifting heavy weights again and who was your surgeon? I really want to avoid stretching the scar but I also already miss going to the gym. Every clinic seems to say a different amount of time too so this can be a compendium of answers to the question. Me:

Hattingen - 3-4 months

Dr Path: 1 month (No exercise for 7 days, light jogging/weight training OK after 2 weeks, strenuous exercise only after one month)

The only restrictions he gives that last as long as 4 months are strong exposure to sunlight, and using saunas.

I will not give a recommendation because I always err on the side of caution.  I will only say that you have had a major incision.  Here is a general guide on taking care of your wound. 

https://www.stjoes.ca/patients-visitors/patient-education/u-z/PD 6225 Wound Care After Surgery.pdf

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

6 hours ago, seamike said:

Dr Path: 1 month (No exercise for 7 days, light jogging/weight training OK after 2 weeks, strenuous exercise only after one month)

The only restrictions he gives that last as long as 4 months are strong exposure to sunlight, and using saunas.

Why no saunas? What effect will that have on growth of the grafts?

32 minutes ago, literalno said:

Why no saunas? What effect will that have on growth of the grafts?

I don't really know. His instructions just say the excess heat is not conducive to growth, or something to that effect.