After transplant, does hair grow continuously or in waves?

Hi All,

A question to those in the know - after a transplant I understand there is the shedding phase. When it eventually begins to regrow at 3 or 4 or 5 months does new growth come in continuously?

I had a surge of growth at 10 weeks but now, at 14 weeks I haven't seen any new hairs poke through since then. The ones that did I think are slowly thickening. I am kind of worried at the lack of new growth coming through.

I had my hair transplant on 1st Sep 2018. Follow my progress here: FUE 2800 DHI Grafts Dr Cinik

Hi HairShadows,

Growth post-hair transplant is a gradual, organic process that is different from everyone. From my experience (I've had three hair transplants), everything that respected members of this forum have said in terms of needing to wait the full 12-18 months (or longer) for the full result is true.  Someone at 5 months may have excellent growth and someone else may no little or no growth after the same amount of time has passed. At 12 months, they may both have excellent results. 

I am about 10.5 months out right now and I am still seeing improvements as time passes. But these changes are gradual, happening over the scope of weeks and months. 

I know it is difficult, but patience is the key. Do not negative thoughts consume you. My best is advice is to stop thinking about it as much as you can. Everyone grows differently!

Edited by HopefulRaven
  • Thanks 1