How common is it to get a butched job on a 2nd HT with same surgeon

Diffuse NW3 originally here, 30 y/o male. I got about 2300 graft HT on my frontal third with great result along w/ PCP+Acell everywhere including my midscalp and crown. A year later I decided to get my midscalp done with the same surgeon of again 2300 graft. Its been almost 2 month since my 2nd HT and I really think I'm going through some shock loss. I just hope it was not botched or anything. I know ALL about the ugly duckling phase so no need to remind me of that but man this is just kind of scary and not an easy feeling. I guess I got lucky my 1st HT with PRP that grew out a lot of my midscalp without HT at that area so I felt immediately that it was almost working. This time around hairline is back but midscalp feels bare.

What you're asking for is stats for a very specific scenario, people who had two procedures who thought their second procedure was 'botched'. I doubt such stats exist. 

I would try and make sense of it by assessing the doctor - is his/her previous work available to judge? What is that quality like? It's perfectly feasible that you're being a little impatient - 2 months post surgery is nothing.

2nd HT’s tend to grow more slowly than 1st HT’s.   Shock loss is usually temporary if the shocked hair is strong enough.  It will come back.  The more hair in a recepient area, the greater chance of temporary shock loss.  

I would recommend staying calm and being patient.  There’s really nothing else to do.   Way too early to think about botched procedure. 

Edited by SBSinNYC

Shock loss is always unnerving but 2 months is way too early to worry about anything.

Patience is the toughest thing right now but give it time and chances are everything will work out.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY