What are some of the causes of poor growth after HT?

So, I have been going nuts checking out everyone’s progress and noticed with the same surgeon,  some people have great growth and some others not so much. What’s happening here? I know it is easy to blame the surgeon, but could it be genetics? Could be maybe us and the way we took care of ourselves post HT? I mean, I am sure some of them are surgeon related, but are they all?

I am really interested in finding out what’s really been the cause of this? 

I personally began lifting very light weights like a week or two post HT. Just a couple of pull ups, bicep curls with light weights. No sweating or anything. I didn’t drink any alcohol and was very gentle when I washed my hair. On my 4th week mark, I returned to my normal routine. I began lifting very heavy weights, went out and partied a couple of times with friends and began washing my hair like I normally did. 

I did take my vitamins and biotin everyday and I eat pretty clean for the most part. So my diet is solid. 

Thiughts?

• Administrators

I wrote an article about this recently. There is factor x, which could be a genetic or underlying health condition responsible for poor growth.

Top 3 Reasons Hair Transplants Fail

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I wrote an article about this recently. There is factor x, which could be a genetic or underlying health condition responsible for poor growth.

Top 3 Reasons Hair Transplants Fail

Thanks Melvin! That’s a solid article. 

Are the any set guidelines on how to take care of hair post HT? Everyone seem to have different recommendations. Some say you can get back to normal routine within two weeks, right after all the scans have fallen off and others say you have to wait a couple of months. 

I m 2 months post op now and still feel pretty weird touching the transplanted area. It actually does feel weird too. I can tell the scalp hasn’t fully healed yet.

• Administrators

By two months you should be fine to resume to all normal activities. The post-operative care differs a bit from FUE to strip. Strip takes a little longer to heal and you want to let the scar heal fully before strenuous exercise.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

By two months you should be fine to resume to all normal activities. The post-operative care differs a bit from FUE to strip. Strip takes a little longer to heal and you want to let the scar heal fully before strenuous exercise.

Thanks a lot! It makes more sense. 👍