PRP: What is the current consensus?

I've only recently learned about PRP, and it sounds almost too good to be true. From what I can find, the scientific literature as to its effectiveness is still extremely limited, but there seem to be lots of anecdotal accounts of people claiming it worked well for them (as well as anecdotal accounts claiming the opposite).

What is the current general feeling about this? Is it snake oil?

Not worth it .. too expensive , not effective , n ongoing treatments are a drawback .. there’s also a danger of getting shockloss from the anesthesia to apply the prp..  those are my thoughts on it when I was researching about it back then .. 

• Administrators

To be honest, I haven't personally seen any worth while results. However, i'm sure it works for some otherwise it wouldn't continue to be offered by hair transplant clinics. I do feel that for the money you are better off buying Finasteride and Minoxidil.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I  believe the NIH did a study on it showing some benefit.  I had it done with my last transplant 3 months ago, and really I have no opinion on the efficacy.  Of course it is still early for me. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4622412/

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More